MK on Oct 22 - why is it closing so early?

Mollygirl21

Mouseketeer
A friend of mine is able to go to WDW for just one evening on Oct 22 and was hoping to see the MK for the very first time. I checked park hours and it closes at 6pm but there's no MNSSHP that evening. Any idea why it is closing at 6pm?

Thanks!

I don't know, but I had a similar question: why is the MK closing at 9PM on Oct. 30? I don't know of any after hours event, so I thought it should be open at least until 10PM.

Another poster on the transportation forum said MK was closing early some night due to a private event; perhaps it's the same date in question.

I don't know, but I had a similar question: why is the MK closing at 9PM on Oct. 30? I don't know of any after hours event, so I thought it should be open at least until 10PM.

That one is just stingy park hours on Disney’s part. I keep hoping that one will eventually get get updated here at some point.

Maybe it will work out in her favor. People may be more likely to avoid the MK that day due to the early closure, and the crowds may be lower. It's a shame to miss the nighttime entertainment, but with an early arrival she could still have a fun day. We always choose party days at MK during party seasons for this reason.

Maybe it will work out in her favor. People may be more likely to avoid the MK that day due to the early closure, and the crowds may be lower. It's a shame to miss the nighttime entertainment, but with an early arrival she could still have a fun day. We always choose party days at MK during party seasons for this reason.
But the OP said her friend had time to go only for an evening. Hoping she can enjoy an evening at one of the other parks.

The internal CM site just posted details for the private party, in case anyone is interested on watching HEA from outside the park it will happen at 10:45 pm

The internal CM site just posted details for the private party, in case anyone is interested on watching HEA from outside the park it will happen at 10:45 pm
Did they also post anything about why the MK closes at 9PM on Oct. 30?

Thanks so much for sharing that. I'm over at GF for dinner and thought I might try to catch fireworks but that's too late for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!