MK on Oct 22 - why is it closing so early?

Maybe it will work out in her favor. People may be more likely to avoid the MK that day due to the early closure, and the crowds may be lower. It's a shame to miss the nighttime entertainment, but with an early arrival she could still have a fun day. We always choose party days at MK during party seasons for this reason.

I was coming to say the same thing! Living here, I know many will avoid that day with early closing, you could probably get everything done in shorter hours!! But you would miss out on nighttime entertainment if that was a big draw!

The Gartner conference costs around 5k per person to attend. So they have it covered!

It's like around $200k based on some articles from back in 2016. Which honestly isn't that bad of a deal if you think about it.

I mean if you about doing something where you get a big name entertainer instead that's going up in that range and I have to think MK is a way safer play for the masses.

Pretty cool if you go to that.

Yep. I will be looking forward to it :)

Will be very interesting to see the park for an event like this. Tickets are included for attendees but if they want to bring someone it is $175 per person.

The host hotels are Swan & Dolphin with over flow into YC and GF.

As for cost conference list price is $6200, EDU/Gov $4000 per person.

Back from Gartner IT Symposium/Xpo. I and 2 other friends attended the Magic Kingdom park-wide buyout on Oct 22. The 2 friends paid $175 each for the 3 hour event, there was 1 extra hour if you where a Gartner Executive Member. Was it worth $175 for 3 hours? Simply put, YES.

The park was busy but the longest we waited for a ride was 15 minuets (Seven Dwarves Mine Train) I was told there where about 12,000-15,000 people or so in attendance.

All rides where open, all quick service restaurants where open with a limited free menu, some shopping was open. Beer, wine, cocktails, sodas, and water where all included. There where tables with beer and wine up and down Main Street and popup portable bars through out the park. Next to the popup bars where also popup food carts with all kinds of food (including salads). I went to Casey's Corner to get a chili dog and was shocked when a foot long showed up lol, I so over ate.

Entertainment wise:
There was at least 2 DJs, one at the castle and one in Frontierland, I am guessing there was one in Tomorrowland but we never got there. Several of the entertainment cast was out including "Jim the Ragtime Pianist". Many meet and greets also where scattered about the park, from Mickey and Minnie, the Seven Dwarves, Woodie Jessie and Bullseye, and several princesses. The full Happily Ever After Fireworks Show ended the night. As everyone exited the park Mickey and Minnie waved and wished us well from the train station.

All in all it was an amazing night. It was also very odd to see men and women in business suits riding rides. (note: most people where in business casual or casual clothing, but some where in suits.)

Attachments

• IMG_4734.jpg
    IMG_4734.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 14
  • photo_2019-10-27_12-03-48.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-03-48.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4737.jpg
    IMG_4737.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4738.jpg
    IMG_4738.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 14
  • photo_2019-10-27_12-04-47.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-04-47.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 14
  • photo_2019-10-27_12-05-01.jpg
    photo_2019-10-27_12-05-01.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 14

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!