MK rope drop to PP?

TeresaG

Mouseketeer
I'm seeing conflicting advice on where to stand to get to PP the fastest... I was hoping for any insight? I hear they open the castle to walk through (which is typically the fastest way there), but how long after the show does that happen? Is walking up the side pathway still the best option?

Thanks for any help.

We were there last week and they did not allow people to walk through the castle. We did 7DMT at RD and then ran over to PP. It was listed as a 25 min wait at that point but we probably waited 15.

I'm seeing conflicting advice on where to stand to get to PP the fastest... I was hoping for any insight? I hear they open the castle to walk through (which is typically the fastest way there), but how long after the show does that happen? Is walking up the side pathway still the best option?

Thanks for any help.

Things are not always done the same way every day.
You must choose your route on the day-of, based on conditions that day.
The shortest would be through the castle.
It usually IS open, but its not always open.

Three Routes to Peter Pan.

If the "through the castle route" (green) is closed, choose whichever of the others you prefer.
"West of the castle" path (blue) may be a bit shorter than the Liberty Square (orange) route,
but how the CMs open the ropes may affect which way you can go the earliest.

MK-PeterPan-Path-x3_042917_zpstqeaxufr.jpg

Thank you for the map Robo!!

I think I'll just stick to the path on the side of the castle. At least I know it's a sure thing.

Would you be interested in breakfast at BOG? We did that last month and arrived at the park like 7:15-30. We had a Reservation for 8 but from all indications they take people as they arrive as long as you have a pre-park opening. We were done eating by 8:30 and were on SDMT pre- opening by 8:45 and were on PP by 9:00 before the opening show was over. We were then in position to head to our first opening ride when the rest of the park opened at 9:00. Worked perfectly.

Things are not always done the same way every day.
You must choose your route on the day-of, based on conditions that day.
The shortest would be through the castle.
It usually IS open, but its not always open.

View attachment 246420

How do you know if they're going to open the castle route that day or not? Do you just have to take your chances and wait in front of the rope or is there a way to know beforehand to go a different route?

1. How do you know if they're going to open the castle route that day or not?
2. Do you just have to take your chances and wait in front of the rope or
3. is there a way to know beforehand to go a different route?

1. You don't.
2. Yup.
3. Some people just play it by ear.
Many just assume that the castle tunnel will be opened after the MK Welcome Show.
Sometimes it is. If not, those guests then must look around to see if they can figure out
another route.
OTOH, DISboard participants are some of the better-informed WDW guests.

1. You don't.
2. Yup.
3. Some people just play it by ear.
Many just assume that the castle tunnel will be opened after the MK Welcome Show.
Sometimes it is. If not, those guests then must look around to see if they can figure out
another route.
OTOH, DISboard participants are some of the better-informed WDW guests.

Thanks!!

OP, just judging from my 3ish RDs going over that Liberty Square bridge since they started this new show/procedure, I would probably vote to take the orange route in Robo's map. A large majority of people take that immediate right on the blue route and it 'feels' like many/most of them are heading to 7DMT. Once they clear you can move pretty fast "around" Liberty Square over to PP.

You do have to be aware as has been mentioned since things can change.

Good luck!

Thank you! I was thinking about that route since we have to park my nephews stroller and this way would bring the parking area before the ride vs. passing the ride the park the stroller. It's 6 in one half a dozen in the other but not passing the ride to have to park the stroller makes me feel a little better lol.

Thank you! I was thinking about that route since we have to park my nephews stroller and this way would bring the parking area before the ride vs. passing the ride the park the stroller. It's 6 in one half a dozen in the other but not passing the ride to have to park the stroller makes me feel a little better lol.
You can park the strollers before passing the ride either way. If you go through the castle, or the path up to the Cinderella fountain, there is stroller parking near the carousel.

When you get there work your way to the front and ask the cast member by the rope what that day's process is. We did this and she was happy to help make sure we were standing in the best place to get where we wanted to go (also PP - we went through the castle). The side paths were held until the central path through the castle was opened, so either way was about the same.

If you have a stroller, the orange path is the way to go! There is more space than going around the castle and you're right next to the Rapunzel bathrooms when finished with PP. My kids have to pee after the first ride every time. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter