NEWS
View attachment 263036
A new Open Edition Halloween MagicBand has appeared on the Shop Disney Parks website and mobile app today for $22.99. The barcode SKU is 400020424952. This is the first Open Edition Halloween themed band Disney has done and features the Fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy). Note that this band is the third Halloween related band releasing this year.

So what do you think?
Love it!

:maleficenHow long are the Character Meet & Greet lines?
It depends. There are a few of the popular characters that will have lines that begin long before the party starts. If you want to see the 7 Dwarfs or Captain Jack Sparrow you will want to line up around 5:00pm. The other M&G wait times will range from 30-45 minutes. FYI: Most M&G lines reported as being longer this year; Jack Skellington and Sally reported as meeting at 5pm (line up at 4pm) - 2016

Where did you read that? He should be relatively easy to meet later in the night. We lined up for his second set last year about 20 minutes before he arrived and were the 2nd family in line.

It was in the official 2017 mnsshp post one.
I'm glad I won't have to wait as long as I thought. I can change my format and add the extra info, I'll just edit it and post again that it's been edited, right?
Thanks for the help!

Okay I am LOVING the emperors new groove coaster idea! I'm actually a bit sad it's not a real thing haha.
DD goes back to school 8/28. We live in MA. I do have some friends from other parts of the country that have already started school. We usually start late august, early September and end mid to late June depending on snow days. We have winter break (two weeks), February vacation and April vacation for one week each.

A little off topic I apologise but
I was thinking more on this coaster...I really want it to be real. You board the train bit and it goes into the dark and Yzma says "Kronk its a little dark in here, turn on the lights" and you hear a leaver move and then you drop and as you drop Yzma says "wrong leaver" (back of the seat speaker) would be a really fun space mountain/big thunder ride with a temple underground lab design.

I got my luggage tags in the mail! I didn't think international guests got post yay! :cool1:

There are still a few unknowns for MNSSHP and they include:
  1. Popcorn Bucket (s)
  2. Beverages
  3. Party Patrol
  4. Once Upon a Time - Castle Projection Show
  5. Dance Party
  6. Madame Carlotta or Madame Rinotta hours
  7. Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card
  8. Character Updates
  9. Trick or Treat Updates
  10. Magic Shots & photo opportunities
Am I missing anything?

Last time it was the Sorcerers card....I can't believe I didn't think of character updates, trick or treat news and magic shots haha.

I can't wait to here the first lot of news from next Friday!

I love listening to your creations. I was going to do a family of pirates but DD wanted to be Pooh. She is 15 and in this new pooh stage...kinda strange but I will roll with it.

Random, but I was mildly obsessed with Pooh & friends, in particular Tigger, in high school and early college. I still have a lot of random Pooh/Tigger stuff and I never turn down a M&G with Tigger to this day!

Maybe one day I'll pluck up the courage to drive but it would be a challenge, bigger cars, different side of the road, different rules on the road and then I'd need to read the directions.

Don't be too scared! I learned to drive a stick when I lived in Ireland, on the wrong side of the road at that! You can do it!

So has everyone signed in to take part in Kenny the Pirate "2nd Annual LIVE Event: MNSSHP Webinar"? It's scheduled for Sunday, Aug. 27th at 7pm EST

View attachment 262348

Here's the link to help get you started: https://www.mouseclass.com/live/register/
ARRRG! Love that Pirate! pirate:

Thanks for the heads up! I registered!

Pumpkin Mickey Waffles!!!

View attachment 262967

This was pretty much my exact response!

A little off topic I apologise but
I was thinking more on this coaster...I really want it to be real. You board the train bit and it goes into the dark and Yzma says "Kronk its a little dark in here, turn on the lights" and you hear a leaver move and then you drop and as you drop Yzma says "wrong leaver" (back of the seat speaker) would be a really fun space mountain/big thunder ride with a temple underground lab design.

I got my luggage tags in the mail! I didn't think international guests got post yay! :cool1:

Last time it was the Sorcerers card....I can't believe I didn't think of character updates, trick or treat news and magic shots haha.

I can't wait to here the first lot of news from next Friday!

"Wrong leaver" :rotfl:
I feel like it's such an underrated movie, I'd seriously love to see an attraction for it at WDW! Yzma and Kronk crack me up.

"Wrong leaver" :rotfl:
I feel like it's such an underrated movie, I'd seriously love to see an attraction for it at WDW! Yzma and Kronk crack me up.

It is I love it, I almost went as Kuzco as my costume. I need a name for this ride....
I'd really love it if a random small hut appeared at food and wine and it was Kronk's and he's selling his spinach puffs. :laughing:

It was in the official 2017 mnsshp post one.
I'm glad I won't have to wait as long as I thought. I can change my format and add the extra info, I'll just edit it and post again that it's been edited, right?
Thanks for the help!

Yes, all you would have to do is use the "edit" button on your original post, an edit date will appear on the lower right hand corner. Easy peasy.

If you have any questions or need advise just post it as usual. Example:
"I just edited my plans can someone please take a look see. Post #XXXX"

I've been going through itineraries that follow the time frame structure "4pm-5pm FP XXX" because it's easier to read and understand. Knowing who's going with you plays into whether you can use "tag" or "tag team" while waiting in line thus accomplishing more. Age gives me the understanding whether they can handle a ride, meet & greet etc... ALL of these play into your itinerary. If I see something off I'll let you know.

In regards to Jack Sparrow the typically time would be 6pm or earlier on a Sold Out party otherwise 6:30 should work. He comes out around 7pm as is often fashionably latepirate: I think last year Jack was very popular and lines grew much earlier so @monique5 recommendation was true.

:beach: NEWS

Solar Eclipse to Impact Select Walt Disney World Attractions…

On Monday, Aug. 21, a solar eclipse will be seen across the United States from coast to coast.

This rare, natural event is expected to be visible in the Central Florida area from approximately 1:15-4:30 p.m. For this reason, select attractions located across the Walt Disney World Resort may be temporarily unavailable due to low visibility.

MAGIC KINGDOM:
Tom Sawyer Island will end operation at 2 p.m. and remain closed for the remainder of the day.

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM:
The animal trails will temporarily close prior to the onset of darkness. They will resume operations as natural lighting allows.

DISNEY'S BLIZZARD BEACH WATER PARK:
The park will close attractions as needed during this time, depending on light levels at the park. In addition, Blizzard Beach will have entertainment at the beach area with additional lighting when light levels reduce and a direct Disney Transportation shuttle to Typhoon Lagoon from 1:30 – 2:45 p.m.

DISNEY'S TYPHOON LAGOON WATER PARK:
Typhoon Lagoon will utilize their nighttime lights as needed and continue to operate with little to no impact to Guests.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2017/08/solar-eclipse-to-impact-select-walt.html

Made some changes to our plans:

Two options

Let me know what you think, please and thank you!!

WOW!!! Nice job on both itineraries! :thumbsup2 I don't see any issues just two minor details:

8:40-9:00 PM - PP of Hitchhiking Ghosts near Splash (after the parade passes)
**The BTY Parade starts @ 9:15 and should be over at 9:35/9:45 (duration: 20 minutes).

9:15-9:30 PM - PP of Headless Horseman near Haunted Mansion
***Headless Horseman (right photo) was taken at the Main Entrance and Grim Grinning Ghost (left photo) is near Haunted Mansion.
upload_2017-8-19_16-33-31.png

Make sure you get the names right on the magic shots when asking the photographer. ::yes::
And do you have Disney's Facebook Photopass link on your phone? Highly recommend it! It contains ALL shots at the four parks and where to find them!
https://www.facebook.com/pg/DisneyPhotoPass/photos/?ref=page_internal

Edited again. It's a work in progress... traveling solo on this trip but meeting up with a friend for the party around 7. I'll will be arriving in Florida on party day also so will only be doing magic kingdom during 4 to midnight. Party date is October 3rd

Excellent! Tuesday, Oct 3rd should be awesomely not crowded! :D

WOW!!! Nice job on both itineraries! :thumbsup2 I don't see any issues just two minor details:

**The BTY Parade starts @ 9:15 and should be over at 9:35/9:45 (duration: 20 minutes).

***Headless Horseman (right photo) was taken at the Main Entrance and Grim Grinning Ghost (left photo) is near Haunted Mansion.
View attachment 263240

Make sure you get the names right on the magic shots when asking the photographer. ::yes::
And do you have Disney's Facebook Photopass link on your phone? Highly recommend it! It contains ALL shots at the four parks and where to find them!
One more tweak @MissMaryQC
Last year the hitchhiking ghost shot wasn't near splash. That is where it was located in 2015 but in 2016 it was moved to liberty square near the hall of presidents. It was right by the porch with the 2 rocking chairs.

View attachment 263240

Got it! I'll follow the facebook page now. We missed so much stuff in 2015 at our first party, I wanna get all the party goodies this year!

One more tweak @MissMaryQC
Last year the hitchhiking ghost shot wasn't near splash. That is where it was located in 2015 but in 2016 it was moved to liberty square near the hall of presidents. It was right by the porch with the 2 rocking chairs.

OH! I guess I'll see and hope someone at an earlier party can shed some light on locations. Thank you!

Got it! I'll follow the facebook page now. We missed so much stuff in 2015 at our first party, I wanna get all the party goodies this year!

OH! I guess I'll see and hope someone at an earlier party can shed some light on locations. Thank you!
yes I would check early reports as it seems like this shot has moved around over time.

yes I would check early reports as it seems like this shot has moved around over time.

and @MissMaryQC

I agree the Hitch Hiking Ghosts were available at a few locations during MNSSHP. Disney did have it set up at one specific location but trained photographers who felt comfortable taking this shot did so at other locations which can be found in the 2016 thread. In fact the Poison Apple which was a MNSSHP exclusive magic shot was taken at Hollywood Studios.

Always ask what other magic shots your photographer can do, it will save you time!

Also the locations are noted on the facebook link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter