MNSSHP for adults?

We aren't going till end of October...which means increase in ticket price for the party...we are thinking Carl and Ellie from Up for costumes...I can't deal with anything too complicated as I get overheated really easy...you will have a ball!

We aren't going till end of October...which means increase in ticket price for the party...we are thinking Carl and Ellie from Up for costumes...I can't deal with anything too complicated as I get overheated really easy...you will have a ball!

We'll be traveling Oct 26-Nov 1, we always attend the last week in October since my DS was 5yrs old, he's now 13yrs. We love it! We don't try to pack a ton of things to do during the two parties we attend, we take it easypirate:

Last edited:
I've been to the party a couple of times with adults only- it's a blast. Everyone goes through the trick or treat lines, it's not just for kids. The parade they do is my favorite, and the stage show with the Sanderson Sisters shouldn't be missed. I usually don't wear a costume, just a villains shirt. I highly recommend it. I also recommend for parties only picking a few must do rides and focusing more on the special stuff offered

Very appreciative of all of these responses. My DH is not as thrilled about going to DW as I am, so it's good to be able to offer him new experiences. He's also not a morning person, so he'll enjoy a day when I'm not bugging him to go anywhere until 4pm.

Just to add to the consensus. My wife and I went last year and it was SO much fun! One of our favorite things we've done at Disney. The parade was really cool as were the shows and fireworks.

Bonus is the really low ride wait times too. Can't wait to go again! You won't regret going :)

My sister and I went Last year in September and did a little trick or treating but mostly rode the rides because we were there such a short time. We got on all the rides quick except the SDMT 30 minutes each time. Well worth it. We are in our 50's.

LOVE MNSSHP! We have 2 kids so, we don't TOT, but oh my we got so much candy! I came home with an abundance of it. It is so fun and for the wait times on rides alone totally worth it. There's like no wait. It is so fun. The parade is awesome! Lots of adults dress up. Have a blast!

It's def worthwhile for adults. This will be my 3rd party this Fall. Don't miss highlights include: Sanderson Sisters show, Parade, Cadaver Dans, Haunted Mansion Ghost Hosts are extra spooky and Madam Carlotta or Renata show on the front lawn of the Haunted Mansion. I just focus on the party exclusives and find they alone are worth the admission.

My husband and I went to the Halloween party on Sept 2nd last year and we had a lot of fun. We did trick or treat. The best part was the short waits for all the rides. It was our first time seeing Hallowishes and we loved it! We didn't dress up but we had matching t-shirts on (Mine said "His beauty" and his said "Her beast")

It's def worthwhile for adults. This will be my 3rd party this Fall. Don't miss highlights include: Sanderson Sisters show, Parade, Cadaver Dans, Haunted Mansion Ghost Hosts are extra spooky and Madam Carlotta or Renata show on the front lawn of the Haunted Mansion. I just focus on the party exclusives and find they alone are worth the admission.

I would love to get our pictures with the Cadavar Dans they look so cool and sound amazing!

I'm going solo in late September. I am not sure I will get a costume being that I'm going solo and what not. Maybe I will see some of you there.

I've gone twice. The first time, I hadn't trick or treated in over 20 years since I don't have kids. It was so much fun. It made me feel like a kid. Yes, it is more fun than MVMCP!

I will be going again this year, but haven't decided on the day. I went Thursday the previous 2 times, but going Tuesday would mean I could eat some candy there and not have to stuff it all in my suitcase, and it's supposed to be less crowded, but it would be a full week before Halloween, it's more fun (but more expensive) the closer it is.
(All 3 trips were/are last full week of Oct)

Instead of a costume, I got an Anna Apron to throw over my clothes for the party. You can find tons of handmade Disney aprons like it on Etsy. This is the one I got:
il_570xN.665228929_kgor.jpg

Last edited:
I want to go to the party on 9/7. If we schedule a nice breakfast or lunch this day, are we going to miss not being in a park until 4 PM? Maybe spend the morn at Disney Springs (is that what Downtown Disney is called now?)
Trying to save some money and not use a regular admission this day if we can avoid it.....

I want to go to the party on 9/7. If we schedule a nice breakfast or lunch this day, are we going to miss not being in a park until 4 PM? Maybe spend the morn at Disney Springs (is that what Downtown Disney is called now?)
Trying to save some money and not use a regular admission this day if we can avoid it.....

Last year they let party goers in at 3:45 instead of the typical 4pm. You'll need to keep on top of this so you know what time to arrive at MK. If your date sells out you should arrive around 3pm - 3:15 as the line will be long.

We are going to the one on 9/7 and have a 1900 park fair late breakfast ADR. Plan is to sleep in, eat, monorail resort hop and be at MK at 4 Pm.

My mom, nephew, and I go and it is fun for mom and me too. We trick or treat and love the low crowds and low wait times for the rides. it's a lot of fun!

My friend and I went to MNSSHP the past two years and had a great time. We were going to dress up in retro Mousercise outfits but she chickened out so we just did retro t-shirts. We loved the Trick or Treating but the lines were wicked long last year. We got so much candy I brought it home and handed it out on Halloween since we get so many trick or treaters! The only issue I had was that it was difficult to see the Hocus Pocus show with the crowds. The parade was easier because there weren't so many people in front of me and it is awesome! But, after doing this for two years, I am going to pass this year due to the cost, even with the AP discount. It is however worth doing at least once!

My friend and I went to MNSSHP the past two years and had a great time. We were going to dress up in retro Mousercise outfits but she chickened out so we just did retro t-shirts. We loved the Trick or Treating but the lines were wicked long last year. We got so much candy I brought it home and handed it out on Halloween since we get so many trick or treaters! The only issue I had was that it was difficult to see the Hocus Pocus show with the crowds. The parade was easier because there weren't so many people in front of me and it is awesome! But, after doing this for two years, I am going to pass this year due to the cost, even with the AP discount. It is however worth doing at least once!

I agree about Hocus Pocus I'm only 5'2" and at first we were fine until people started putting their kids on their shoulders. We moved, found another spot then were confronted with people raising the arms up with their recording devices blocking our view again - DONE! If I want to see the show I'll view it on YouTube and if I want to see the movie I'll just plug it into my dvd player. Disney should do something about this abuse. >:(

My husband & I did the Halloween party last year on our 1st kid-free Disney trip, and it was awesome!! I have fun dressing up on Halloween, so I went as my favorite Disney princess Jasmine & he, of course, had to be Aladdin. I love our picture in front of the castle! And the one where Jafar is staring down my hubby is pretty good, too. I will say about halfway through the party, my wig was getting heavy, so we took the monorail back to our hotel and changed into normal clothes and then rode the heck out of some rides. Fun! Fun! Fun! Definitely do it if you have the chance..

My husband and I have gone every year since we met (so 2 years, haha). We went on Halloween both years and we always dress up - that's our favorite part of the planning process; deciding what to wear! This year, my husband is working on his last class for his Masters, so I'm going with my mom and sisters - all adults. We're also planning to dress up. It'll be their first time going and I'm so excited for them!

My absolute favorite part of going to the parties is just the overall environment. We actually go to Disneyland's Halloween Party and so many people dress up - I would say the majority of guests dress up in some fashion. It's really fun. The parade is awesome and the themed food and drinks are so festive! I LOVE seeing all the villains out during this time of year too. Not that I needed it, but this thread has me pumped up for the party already! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter