MNSSHP for adults?

My sister and I did it last time, we were both in our late 20's and had a brilliant time. It's a must do on our next trip!

The parade and fireworks are brilliant, we even did a bit of trick or treating. The snacks and merch was great and we had a great time dressing up too. I'd recommend it, especially if you are into Halloween

The DBF and I are going in late September partially BECAUSE of the MNSSHP! We're dressing up and honestly this is the most exciting part of our trip so far!

I agree about Hocus Pocus I'm only 5'2" and at first we were fine until people started putting their kids on their shoulders. We moved, found another spot then were confronted with people raising the arms up with their recording devices blocking our view again - DONE! If I want to see the show I'll view it on YouTube and if I want to see the movie I'll just plug it into my dvd player. Disney should do something about this abuse. >:(

I am 5'3" so I know what you are talking about. I had this happen last week for the Happily Ever After show after I had staked out a spot for an hour next to a roped off area.

I wish they had some way to give people a better view of the Hocus Pocus show because I feel you really need to see the stage to fully experience the show.

I am 5'3" so I know what you are talking about. I had this happen last week for the Happily Ever After show after I had staked out a spot for an hour next to a roped off area.

I wish they had some way to give people a better view of the Hocus Pocus show because I feel you really need to see the stage to fully experience the show.

I think it's elevated waaay to high, how in the heck are little ones suppose to see it?! At Tokyo Disney the CM's make you sit down during parades and shows also your recording devise and camera must stay at eye level. If you want to stand you must go to the very back and out of the way of others. Love it there! If they can implement this why can't WDW & DLR.

I think it's elevated waaay to high, how in the heck are little ones suppose to see it?! At Tokyo Disney the CM's make you sit down during parades and shows also your recording devise and camera must stay at eye level. If you want to stand you must go to the very back and out of the way of others. Love it there! If they can implement this why can't WDW & DLR.

When the DBF and I went to see Festival of Fantasy, we were at the train station. GREAT VIEW! Only a few other people. Then the parade started and these parents and their two girls shoved there way in front of us and even grabbed a chair so their kids could stand on it and see.

We were beyond PO. I'm barely 5"3! But I also couldn't tell the kids to F off either!

When the DBF and I went to see Festival of Fantasy, we were at the train station. GREAT VIEW! Only a few other people. Then the parade started and these parents and their two girls shoved there way in front of us and even grabbed a chair so their kids could stand on it and see.

We were beyond PO. I'm barely 5"3! But I also couldn't tell the kids to F off either!

When the father put his daughter on his shoulder my jaw dropped. We had been holding these spots for Hocus Pocus for at least 40 minutes. I politely told him he was blocking our view and his WIFE said tough!

EDIT: A delete - Hope you read it:ssst:

Last edited:
When the father put his daughter on his shoulder my jaw dropped. We had been holding these spots for Hocus Pocus for at least 40 minutes. I politely told him he was blocking our view and his WIFE said tough!

EDIT: A delete - Hope you read it:ssst:

Well I read part of it! Like I realize this a huge vacation and you want the best but so does everyone else! Plan it out and get better spots instead of taking those spots away from other people!

I am looking forward to our first MNSSHP and MVMCP. We are not sure which date would be best to book when available. We are going 24/ 10/18 -14/11/18? Also would you recommend spending the day at MK first? Thanks.

Definitely try to go on Sunday or day during week, not a Friday nite because locals also go and it is crowded. MK is good on a party night because folks without party tickets stay away to do another park staying open later.

I was thinking the Thursday night which is the night after we get there. My fiancee thinks it's alot of money and he is not sure it is worth it. He says we better get loads of candy to make some money back. Do they still give out the big treat as you leave out the gate. A friend said they gave out 6 bars of caramel from Ghaderellis.?

I was thinking the Thursday night which is the night after we get there. My fiancee thinks it's alot of money and he is not sure it is worth it. He says we better get loads of candy to make some money back. Do they still give out the big treat as you leave out the gate. A friend said they gave out 6 bars of caramel from Ghaderellis.?

Really subjective. A party is 8 hours. If you plan on going for 5 days then buy a 4 day ticket and use the party ticket as an admission. Note you cannot enter MK until 3:45/4pm.

I did the party with a girlfriend two years ago and we trick-or-treated all night long. I will be solo this October and have MNSSHP for Halloween night!! It's going to be a blast, despite being by myself, and I will try to fill two bags this year.. :)

I've done several MNSSHP both at WDW and DLR in costume and collecting candy (which I usually give away) and I really enjoy it. The ticket cost for the Halloween event is less expensive than a regular park ticket but obviously you can't enter the park until the afternoon which might be worth it. If you and your party are not into dressing up you can still enjoy the rides.

It's totally worth it! My husband and I went a few years ago, and like many things at Disney it is meant for the young at heart. I also recommend dining at Liberty Tree Tavern that evening before the party begins, it sets the stage for the event.

It's totally worth it! My husband and I went a few years ago, and like many things at Disney it is meant for the young at heart. I also recommend dining at Liberty Tree Tavern that evening before the party begins, it sets the stage for the event.

I agree!

I am a solo adult and am planning to attend. From what I read, there will be lots of adults that trick or treat and do the characters without kiddos.
That's good to hear. I've be weighing whether or not to go by myself. Going to WDW by myself after a conference and contemplating whether it a) would be worth is financially, and b) if it would be not as fun going by myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter