MNSSHP Itinerary Help!

toystory1130

Mouseketeer
Ok first timer here to the party and I'm kinda nervous, please look over my plan and see if you think it's doable or if I am missing something.

Eating late lunch at the Wave, then walking over
FP Big Thunder 3:10-4:10 ( gonna be hustling to make it here)
FP Pirates 4:30-5:30
FP Philharmagic 5:30-6
Peter Pan or SDMT whichever is shortest
Haunted Mansion
Hatbox Ghost and Hitchiking Ghost Magic Shot
Pecos Bills
Captain Jack or Grave Diggers meet
Get spot for fireworks, near partners statue on the left Adventureland side
Hop to Frontierland for Parade, TOT and Frontier Trading Post for pins while waiting
Get spot in front of partners statue for midnight Hocus Pocus Show
Emporium on way out

Last edited:
If you plan to make a 4:10 fastpass, that will definitely be affected by when you arrive at the gate. Expect a LARGE crowd to start forming before 3:45. You do get a little grace period (10 minutes I believe) after your FP time, but the crowds can move slow through the tapstiles.

Also, just be aware the Jack Sparrow line takes between an hour to an hour and a half to get through, so keep that in mind when you are planning where to go next.

Highly recommend squeezing in Space Mountain (provided you're not nyctophobic), Tea Cups, and Pirates of the Caribbean for their special overlays and touches. Plus you get chocolate coins immediately after walking out of PotC. 😉

I think it is a bad idea to do SDMT or Peter Pan first, since you'll be competing against the regular day guests in addition to all the folks who will be there for the party, and if you try to do it before 6pm, the FP line will still be active, making the wait longer. I would suggest instead doing your dinner at Peco Bills after your fastpasses but before the party becomes closed to day guests.

Get spot for fireworks, near partners statue on the left Adventureland side
Hop to Frontierland for Parade, TOT and Frontier Trading Post for pins while waiting

I'm a little confused by this, if you are saying that you'll watch the 10:15pm fireworks from the hub and then shift to frontierland to watch the 11:15 pm late parade, I'm not convinced that will work because when crowds are high, you'd likely find yourself unable to get a spot to view the parade once you get to frontierland (after the slooooow process of exiting the hub amid the crowds of people there). Probably better to just stick in one spot for both the parade and fireworks.

I think it is a bad idea to do SDMT or Peter Pan first, since you'll be competing against the regular day guests in addition to all the folks who will be there for the party, and if you try to do it before 6pm, the FP line will still be active, making the wait longer. I would suggest instead doing your dinner at Peco Bills after your fastpasses but before the party becomes closed to day guests.

I'm a little confused by this, if you are saying that you'll watch the 10:15pm fireworks from the hub and then shift to frontierland to watch the 11:15 pm late parade, I'm not convinced that will work because when crowds are high, you'd likely find yourself unable to get a spot to view the parade once you get to frontierland (after the slooooow process of exiting the hub amid the crowds of people there). Probably better to just stick in one spot for both the parade and fireworks.

After thinking about it, I would tend to agree with you - SDMT and PP are good if you can get FP for them, but don't try to ride before 7pm without FP or you'll get stuck in the crush of regular guests squeezing in their last ride before they're ushered out of the park. You can always watch the line waits on MDE or Touring Plans and adjust on the fly if the lines are moving well.

RE: the 10:15 fireworks and then the 11:15 parade, we just did this - and with a ride on Splash mountain in between! The fireworks are over at 10:30, and we positioned ourselves on the bridge close to Adventureland. We were able to sneak over to Splash Mountain before the crowds emptied out of the castle area, ride, and then found a spot for the parade near the Trading Post. You could definitely hit the Trading post instead as long as you knew exactly what you wanted and didn't do leisurely browsing. The other option (which we did) would be to hit the trading post immediately after the last float in the parade.

Oh and also - I would recommend waiting until after 7pm to hit Pirates of the Caribbean (unless you want to try and get it twice). The special additions for the party are super fun and I wouldn't miss them!

After thinking about it, I would tend to agree with you - SDMT and PP are good if you can get FP for them, but don't try to ride before 7pm without FP or you'll get stuck in the crush of regular guests squeezing in their last ride before they're ushered out of the park. You can always watch the line waits on MDE or Touring Plans and adjust on the fly if the lines are moving well.

RE: the 10:15 fireworks and then the 11:15 parade, we just did this - and with a ride on Splash mountain in between! The fireworks are over at 10:30, and we positioned ourselves on the bridge close to Adventureland. We were able to sneak over to Splash Mountain before the crowds emptied out of the castle area, ride, and then found a spot for the parade near the Trading Post. You could definitely hit the Trading post instead as long as you knew exactly what you wanted and didn't do leisurely browsing. The other option (which we did) would be to hit the trading post immediately after the last float in the parade.
But the Op said they were going to watch the fireworks from near the partners statue, putting them in the middle of the crush at the hub. Agree with you waiting on the bridge would work.

This is what we managed to do during MNSSHP last year (4 adults):
  • Buzz Lightyear- FP
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad- FP
  • Splash Mountain
  • Dinner at Pecos Bill
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Magic Carpets of Aladdin
  • Trick or Treating
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Rapunzel lanterns picture
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Prince Charming’s Regal Carousel
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Hallowishes
  • Sanderson Sisters Show
  • MNSSHParade
  • Space Mountain
  • Main Street shopping

We had been in AK earlier in the day so we weren't able to pre-book 3 FPs.

But the Op said they were going to watch the fireworks from near the partners statue, putting them in the middle of the crush at the hub. Agree with you waiting on the bridge would work.

Definitely true - if you want to be dead center of the hub during the fireworks, you have to plan for a good chunk of time navigating through the sea of people ALSO trying to exit the hub. If you position near the bridge (where we were) - the view of the castle was still awesome, and it made for a quick exit at the end.

Quick question.

So we are doing the party on Tuesday coming up.
We are also planning on Rope Dropping Hollywood Studios that morning. Should we cancel our current HS fast passes and get MK ones instead?

Quick question.

So we are doing the party on Tuesday coming up.
We are also planning on Rope Dropping Hollywood Studios that morning. Should we cancel our current HS fast passes and get MK ones instead?

I'll just add a word of caution that if you RD a park in the morning, you are likely to be pretty burnt out by the time you hit the midway point of the party. Some folks tour that way normally and if that's you then go for it! If not, or if you don't plan a nap period in the afternoon, you might want to reconsider. We are normally park commandos (RD to close) and even we keep the morning of a party unbooked (sleep in, late breakfast, pool time) so that we have enough stamina to get through the whole party start to finish. YMMV.

RE: Fastpasses, you can always add FP in another park once your morning ones are complete. Plus, if you are not DVC and entering the park at 4pm, you'll only have the 4pm-6pm window to book any FP.....only you can decide whether giving up FP in HS is worth getting two FP for MK that evening.

I'll just add a word of caution that if you RD a park in the morning, you are likely to be pretty burnt out by the time you hit the midway point of the party
Thanks for the advice on that makes a ton of sense....but we've got that part covered. Its me, my wife and our two boys (4 and 19 months) we 100% plan on taking a LARGE break in the middle of the day. Talking like HS from 6-11 then break from 11-3 then gearing up for Halloween party. I just dont see much thats worth fast passing at HS since we will be there so early compared to MK in the afternoon. We have Park Hoppers so we can get into MK at anytime as well.

Thanks for the advice on that makes a ton of sense....but we've got that part covered. Its me, my wife and our two boys (4 and 19 months) we 100% plan on taking a LARGE break in the middle of the day. Talking like HS from 6-11 then break from 11-3 then gearing up for Halloween party. I just dont see much thats worth fast passing at HS since we will be there so early compared to MK in the afternoon. We have Park Hoppers so we can get into MK at anytime as well.

That sounds like a good plan! With little ones it definitely helps to take a long break, hopefully they recharge enough to stay up late that night :)

I'm coming off our trip where we did one SUPER-Commando day at HS (6am-10PM and we arrived at the gate around 5am). It was fun but we were TOAST lol. It reminded me why I build in rest days and down periods on our trips :)

The only thing that sands out to me in your plan is a FP for Philharmagic.

That is one attraction that does not require a FP so unless you chose it because it was the only FP remaining available to you I’d swap it out for pretty much anything else.

Enjoy the party!

Dropping the FP for Philharmagic is a good idea. Does anyone know the last showtime before they turn it into a TOT station? My FP says to be there between 530 and 6 so I'm not certain, I'm guessing 6?

Dropping the FP for Philharmagic is a good idea. Does anyone know the last showtime before they turn it into a TOT station? My FP says to be there between 530 and 6 so I'm not certain, I'm guessing 6?

The last show of the day is at 5:55 pm, it's a pretty short show (12 minutes) and they;d have the last audience cleared out long before the trick or treating started (7pm).

SDMT and HM lines are WAY longer at the beginning of the party than later in the evening. Hatbox & ghost magic shots are fairly quick in my experience. There are quick a few really great magic shots. We wait until later in the evening to do the headless horseman shot at the front of the park, the line will be much shorter. The grave digger meet and greet is AWESOME, I highly recommend. You can get a lot done at the party especially if you aren't doing a lot of the character meet and greets.

Hi everyone!

What time does the 2nd parade end? Is there enough time to get in one last ride or two after we watch the 2nd parade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter