MNSSHP/rides

brad813

DIS Veteran
Ok, my solo trip sort of turned into half friends trip with one other person and half solo trip. I am wondering about how many of the attractions are usually closed down during the party. My friend is flying out from Arizona to meet up with me for this, so we are hitting some stumbling points planning. She regularly goes to DisneyLand, so a definite Disney fanatic. I am just trying to find a middle ground for us both on this, and she is concerned there will be too few rides(not sure she really realizes that Magic Kingdom could swallow both California parks and still have room for dessert), though 21 rides are scheduled to be open. If anyone can give any insight on this, it would be most appreciated.

When I was at the Halloween party in Disneyland a few years back I don't remember any rides being closed (other than what was closed at the time anyway because of repairs or whatnot). Could be different at DW, but the trick or treating and special parade just added to the fun, I don't think they took anything away/ closed down for the evening events.

I found this list- which is probably the same one you are referencing since you know there are 21 rides open. I think all the major draws are on there now that Mine Train and Thunder Mtn are on the list after being off initially: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...sed-for-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
They list Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain as being two that are closed. I don't think she should be too concerned about too few rides open.

Diana

I found this list- which is probably the same one you are referencing since you know there are 21 rides open. I think all the major draws are on there now that Mine Train and Thunder Mtn are on the list after being off initially: http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories...sed-for-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
They list Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain as being two that are closed. I don't think she should be too concerned about too few rides open.

Diana

She is a major Disney fanatic and I am not counting Splash Mountain since it is being refurbished. Jungle Cruise could be done before it shuts down for the party easily.

MK-wise, I'm going to try to do the Country Bear Jamboree and Carousel of Progress before the party for sure because they are unique to WDW. The People Mover should be open during MNSSHP and is only in WDW. I've been reading that it is essential to do Haunted Mansion during the party because they have an extra cast member dressed as a ghost in the line and she's quite entertaining and the Haunted Mansion is different between Disneyland and WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter