Moana

I dunno, I think it was rather well-received. It made nearly $650M at the box office and that doesn't include home video sales. In my estimation it was a big hit! Maybe Disney hasn't capitalized on it that much, but from the audience perspective I think it in good shape.

I will say I was very excited for it and generally liked it a lot, but I felt the music was maybe not at the level I would have liked so that kept it just shy of perfection to me (similar to how I feel about Frozen).

Last edited:
Definitely underrated.

I too was super excited for it, but I had to unfollow Dwayne Johnson on instagram in the many months leading up to its premiere... the marketing via his feed alone was insane. WAY too many clips and tidbits of the movie coming out ahead of time, but I realize not everybody was subjected to that particular stream of advertisement. I don't have a television, so I don't know what the ad hype outside of instagram was like.

I loved the music!

We LOVED it, one of our new favorites. My two little ones watch it on a loop. I think that it was a pretty big hit for Disney though and you see her everywhere in the stores, not just the Disney store.

Moana rose to the top of my favorite list. Tied with the all time fave Robin Hood. I loved her perseverance and heart. As a mother of two girls, this movie spoke to me on several levels. Plus the music was pretty awesome.

I didn't love it in the theater, but with the soundtrack and subsequent viewings, it's growing on me. It just didn't hit me as Frozen-caliber on initial release...but that's probably a very unfair bar for the movie to cross for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!