Mobile ordering help

DMLAINI

DIS Veteran
I just want to make sure this would would. We do not have the dining plan for this trip. I plan on using mobile ordering. I have a Disney Visa linked to My Disney Experience. So, I can use that to pay I believe. Then I can go to the front desk at my resort nightly and pay on my Disney Visa with giftcards, correct?

I just want to make sure this would would. We do not have the dining plan for this trip. I plan on using mobile ordering. I have a Disney Visa linked to My Disney Experience. So, I can use that to pay I believe. Then I can go to the front desk at my resort nightly and pay on my Disney Visa with giftcards, correct?

PP is correct. The CC is connected to the mobile order, not to your resort or MDE.

But you do bring up an interesting possibility. Is there a way to pay a credit card bill with gift cards??? If so, you could still do it, but I'm not sure how.

Yes, where you grab your tray of food, you can ask the cast member for a cup of water. You can also order a cup of water at the cashier as well.

Some quick service also have water out already or nearby with decanters and cups. No need to go through the line.

The Disney Visa is "owned" by Chase, not Disney, so you cannot pay your Visa bill with Disney gift cards unfortunately.

But you do bring up an interesting possibility. Is there a way to pay a credit card bill with gift cards??? If so, you could still do it, but I'm not sure how.

If you charge things to your room (which would have a credit card on file anyway) you can go and pay off the balance with gift cards before it actually hits down on your card - I did this on my trip last September, we had the dining plan but charged tips for our TS meals plus things like drinks at Nomad Lounge to our room and I stopped by the front desk every other night to pay off any charges.
No wisdom with mobile orders I'm afraid, as we used our dining credits!

I think it's kind of crazy that you can't use gift cards yet when mobile ordering. If they allow you to pay for your entire vacation using gift cards I don't see how this is difficult. If you really want to pay using gift cards, I don't think mobile ordering is an option then. Also, if you want to save yourself some time from having to go to the front desk everyday why not just pay using the gift card in the park? I use gift cards to pay for everything while I'm there (although we typically get the dining plan).

I think it's kind of crazy that you can't use gift cards yet when mobile ordering. If they allow you to pay for your entire vacation using gift cards I don't see how this is difficult. If you really want to pay using gift cards, I don't think mobile ordering is an option then. Also, if you want to save yourself some time from having to go to the front desk everyday why not just pay using the gift card in the park? I use gift cards to pay for everything while I'm there (although we typically get the dining plan).
In our case we received the gift card as part of our package, and we didn't collect it until a couple of days into our trip, hence paying it off at the desk - but also with the dining plan it was easy just to tap our magic band and know that the credits were done and the tip was taken care of all in one step, rather than tapping for credits then doing a separate transaction for the tip. We were staying at POFQ and the front desk was always quiet, we were passing by every evening on our way back to the room so it wasn't a hassle for us!
Hopefully they will update the mobile ordering to include gift cards, they updated it to include dining credits and allergy menus, so maybe that's one of the next steps!

Buy less gift cards and keep that money in your checking account. Then just use your Visa debit as the credit card for mobile ordering. Or just use your credit card and pay it off at the end of the month. If you are buying gift cards, it is all the same money anyway.

Buy less gift cards and keep that money in your checking account. Then just use your Visa debit as the credit card for mobile ordering. Or just use your credit card and pay it off at the end of the month. If you are buying gift cards, it is all the same money anyway.

It’s not always that simple though. Meijer occasionally runs a deal where they give $5 back for every $50 spent on gift cards. I usually end up saving $100 or more on my trip by buying gift cards in advance.

Also, if you have the Target RED card you can get 5% off Disney gift cards. Yeah 5% isn't much, but I've paid for 2 WDW vacations that way (I'm usually at Target every other week to begin with so it's not an extra hassle for me). Depending on where you're staying and the add ons you choose like park hopper or dining plan it can wind up saving you a few hundred. We stay value so at the end of the day it probably saves us a little over a night at the hotel. I then use that savings for something extra I otherwise wouldn't do. The 1st trip we did the dessert party at MK, the 2nd we upgraded our free QS dining to the mid tier. I'm hoping to take my daughter and son to BBB this next trip we're planning for 2021.

In our case we received the gift card as part of our package, and we didn't collect it until a couple of days into our trip, hence paying it off at the desk - but also with the dining plan it was easy just to tap our magic band and know that the credits were done and the tip was taken care of all in one step, rather than tapping for credits then doing a separate transaction for the tip. We were staying at POFQ and the front desk was always quiet, we were passing by every evening on our way back to the room so it wasn't a hassle for us!
Hopefully they will update the mobile ordering to include gift cards, they updated it to include dining credits and allergy menus, so maybe that's one of the next steps!

Makes sense. I did the separate transaction because I wasn't really sure how it all worked as our last trip was the first time with the regular dining package.

On the same note, when you are mobile ordering and Have a Dining Plan, can you choose NOT to use it. I can't find a clear answer, and when I was there, with starving children, I couldn't find a way to not use our credits... Thank you!

Can you use a Chase Bank Debit Card liked to your checking account for mobile order ?
Can we link our Chase Bank Debit card to our Magic Bands ?

We will open a Chase Bank checking account with a Debit Card just for use at Disney. :)
We will put $2000 in it for $200 a day for food/souvenirs for 2 people.

We eat Breakfast in the hotel room
unless it is just brunch and then dinner TS

We will prepay the Very Merry Christmas Party and any TS which needs to be prepaid

Can you use a Chase Bank Debit Card liked to your checking account for mobile order ?
Can we link our Chase Bank Debit card to our Magic Bands ?

I don't think you can use a debit card for mobile ordering.

You don't link anything to your magic band; you list it in your MDE as a form of payment. Use your magic bands to charge back to the room, and then the resort will use the debit card listed on your account for payment.

You don't link anything to your magic band; you list it in your MDE as a form of payment. Use your magic bands to charge back to the room, and then the resort will use the debit card listed on your account for payment.

You most definitely can use a debit card for mobile order. If you have a credit/debit card linked to your MDE as s payment method, you can use that for mobile order of you wish (it'll save you from having to enter the card number), but you don't have to use that card. You can choose to use any other card you have - you'll just need to enter or scan the new card number when you place the order.

For mobile order, the charge is made directly to your card. It is NOT charged to your room like a purchase or other dining charge is. You cannot use a gift card for mobile order.

NOTHING is EVER linked to a Magic Band. EVERYTHING is linked to your MDE account.
Magic Bands merely provide access to your MDE account.

Steve

You can use any card that has a visa/MC logo. So many "debit" cards can either go as a direct debit with your PIN number, or go as credit. Very few people have a debit card that does not have a major CC affiliation with it. We call those bank cards here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter