Mobility Issues

Linda Disney

Earning My Ears
I have mobility issues I have a prosthetic and during my 2 visits to Disney World Orlando I have only had one bad experience with a cast member The others have been helpful and patient Which is why We are going back in January This trip I am going to make a point of getting names of the cast members that go above and beyond

We do that - we have business-card sized cards that we print at home (you can get the blank cards from an office supply company or Amazon) and then we put a little lapel pin of our state flag on there. The card says "You made our visit more Magical!" and our family name, and the dates of the trip. It's something tangible that we can give to CMs who otherwise can't be tipped. (Full transparency: we give them to *any* CM who we feel gives us exceptional service or makes a Magical moment, or goes above and beyond - from bus drivers to wait staff, to Bell Services.) We love to give them out (the CMs love getting little "tokens" like that) and we try to give out at least 10 every trip, and it's usually not hard to do!

We also make a point to stop at Guest Relations if we have an excellent experience, and let them know as well, so that the CM gets real, proper "credit" for their awesomeness! And they love to hear those stories - since they spend so much of their day with folks who are grumpy, I'm sure it's nice to work with someone who is there for a happy reason! 🙂

We do that - we have business-card sized cards that we print at home (you can get the blank cards from an office supply company or Amazon) and then we put a little lapel pin of our state flag on there. The card says "You made our visit more Magical!" and our family name, and the dates of the trip. It's something tangible that we can give to CMs who otherwise can't be tipped. (Full transparency: we give them to *any* CM who we feel gives us exceptional service or makes a Magical moment, or goes above and beyond - from bus drivers to wait staff, to Bell Services.) We love to give them out (the CMs love getting little "tokens" like that) and we try to give out at least 10 every trip, and it's usually not hard to do!

We also make a point to stop at Guest Relations if we have an excellent experience, and let them know as well, so that the CM gets real, proper "credit" for their awesomeness! And they love to hear those stories - since they spend so much of their day with folks who are grumpy, I'm sure it's nice to work with someone who is there for a happy reason! 🙂
I love this idea! I need to think of something I can do for the CMs that go above and beyond or just have great interactions with during my visits. There are so many and I'd love to do something out of the ordinary to let them know they're really making a difference. Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!