Moderate or deluxe

catheren

DIS Veteran
We currently have ressies at the WL for 7 nights. We have stayed at the WL many times. Got a great postcard deal!

Originally, it was my DH, DD (teenager) and myself. DD asked to bring a friend along -- we agreed.

Now its a privacy issue and 2 teenage girls getting ready. We have 1 room at WL .

2 rooms at moderate is approx $450 more than 1 room at WL for the 7 nights.

Shoud we change to 2 connecting rooms at a moderate? If so which moderate? We have stayed at PORS in the past.

Thanks in advance!

This sounds like an issue you need to discuss between you and your DH. I think this depends on how much your willing to spend on this trip. If you don't want to spend the extra money on a 2nd room at WL then of course move to a Moderate. If you think you can deal with spending some extra money then do... If you decide to go with a moderate I would say choose by the theme. If you want a more layed back atmosphere choose PO riverside, more of a Island paradise feel... CBR. I personally don't care for CSR, though many diser's do, so I will not comment on it, I will just suggest you look at the CSR info post. Good luck deciding and have a great trip!

I think you'd probably be OK with one room, but if you can afford to spend more then 2 rooms would be nice too. :) It depends on your budget.

I want to think that CBR has a privacy curtain taht can be pulled to seperate the area between the beds and the sinks--that might solve that issue, and you'd only have to get one room. Would save LOTS of cash that way :)

You might also want to look into renting DVC points, depending on when you are going you might be able to get a 1BR villa for teh same $ as two rooms...and THAT would be wonderful :)

Anne

Have you checked out a deluxe room at WL?

I know you said you used a postcard, maybe it would be worth a call to see if it can be applied to a deluxe room-more privacy and more room.

I think you'll be fine but the rooms at WL are on the small side and you'll have to go into the bathroom to get ready if you want privacy.

If there is a moderate you think you will like, check it out. It would be really nice to have 2 seperate rooms. Would it be okay with you if the teens had their own entrance and exit?

The WL does have balconies...so maybe your DH would be happy sitting outside for a little while while the girls get ready. Or you could both go downstairs and sit in a couple of cozy chairs. Are they "old enough" to leave in a room alone while they get ready?
My dad was always surrounded by my 3 sisters and our friends when we went on vacation... he just seemed to always have something to do when it was our turn to get ready. I think you can do it with one room if you DH is willing to be "a little" inconvienced.
Whatever you decided just make sure that your DH is agreeable, since he is the one to do the majority of the sacrificing.

Tracy

Thanks for all your help! Yes, my DH and I have been going back and forth on the issue. We definitely agree on staying onsite -- I know we could get a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo offsite for a "song". But we love the WDW feel!

I know what you mean about the teens having a separate entrance/exit -- they are 15 yrs old. We would have to set rules, on looking that door and the connecting door remains ajar except for changing.

The ideal would be WL 2 rooms but that's not in our WDW budget. I called on the WL deluxe room $415 + tax a night -- not a deal! I wonder if they priced the honeymoon suite?

Well thanks again! And I welcome any other suggestions.

hi: i agree with Anne-try to get a 1 br villa at wl or one of the other dvc resorts. renting points from a dvc member may be less expensive. check out the rent/trade board on the dvc portion of these boards. there is also a point calculator there to let you know how many points you would need to rent. the approximate cost of renting points is about $ 10 per point. even if it winds up costing a touch more that your 1 or 2 rooms currently in the plans, you will save a fair amount of money because you'll have a full size refrigerator in the kitchen. just having breakfast in the room saves a bundle, not to mention drinks and snacks. you'll also have a washer/dryer right in the unit so you'll be able to pack less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter