Modifying a Reservation Made with Transferred Points??

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I know I have to call to book a reservation using transferred points, but once that reservation is made, will I be able to modify it (change dates) ONLINE??

I don't know for sure, but since transferred points retain their home resort and UY and don't even show up in your DVC account I would think you can not. Good luck even on the phone you may have problems.

I dont think so because i had purchased one time use points with the understanding that i would be able to modify the reservation they were in (according to the 1st person i spoke to about this). When i called back to purchase them the next day i asked again to verify (after the sale went thru) and that member services person told me no...i would not be able to use them in a reservation modification online because OTU and transferred points dont show up online a d can only be used by calling in. I explained the person the day before told me it was possible and this person told me they knew for sure it was not because they had just dealt with a situation the other day. I explained I bought the points based on the information I got the day before so they return them for me.
I would call but my guess is no unfortunately!

No. You must call to do anything with transferred points (unless they are an exact match for your use year & resort). That includes using them for another reservation after the one that used them originally was cancelled.

Above is also true for OTUPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter