Modifying a reservation

Livelovedance

DIS Veteran
I'm planning on booking at CCV for Christmas 2019 at 11 months. I won't have definite dates until almost 7-8 months. I know this is a popular time for WL, so I was just wondering what the odds would be of me being able to modify dates of my reservation at that time.

For example, if I book a Saturday-Friday, and then need to change to Monday-Sunday, would this be likely/possible? Would I have to cancel my entire reservation and rebook?

Thanks in advance!

With the ability to now modify reservations online, you don't have to cancel and rebook. However, the issue will be availability the closer you get to the dates!

I agree with the PP and book a longer trip during your 11 month home resort period. This is only if you have enough points without borrowing. You can always drop days, but in order to add days or change days, it'll be based on availability at the time of modification.

With the ability to now modify reservations online, you don't have to cancel and rebook. However, the issue will be availability the closer you get to the dates!

If you have the extra points, I would book a couple of extra days and then cancel those you won't need later.

I agree with the PP and book a longer trip during your 11 month home resort period. This is only if you have enough points without borrowing. You can always drop days, but in order to add days or change days, it'll be based on availability at the time of modification.
Perfect, thank you for the advice! I will take a close look at the days and book what I can with the points that I have. I didn’t consider booking more days and then dropping them. If we have enough points that will be a huge help!

Here's my current plan. I've never booked with plans to drop days before, so I want to make sure I do this correctly without losing points! Please let me know if I am missing anything.

My UY is September. I currently have points from the 2018 UY available to book with, or bank until the end of April 2019. I'm planning on a Christmas 2019 trip. I would bank the 2018 points and book as many days as I can for the Christmas 2019 trip in January 2019 (using my banked 2018 points + my 2019 points). Then, when we have definite dates (probably by June), if I need to drop days from our reservation I can do that, and the points returned would be 2019 points that I could still use.

Does this make sense? I want to make sure I don't lose points or have to borrow points.

I think you got it right.
I am not sure how the new system will manage the cancellation of a few days: if it's just a little smart it will return current year points before returning banked points. But check it after, if not, you can call MS to have the points reallocated or do the trick that someone suggested (modify the reservation without changing anything and save) to reallocate them yourself.

I think you got it right.
I am not sure how the new system will manage the cancellation of a few days: if it's just a little smart it will return current year points before returning banked points. But check it after, if not, you can call MS to have the points reallocated or do the trick that someone suggested (modify the reservation without changing anything and save) to reallocate them yourself.
Perfect, thank you! I’ll be sure to check for that if I make any modifications.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter