Molly & Evan's Disneyland Wishes Wedding 9/23/2015

Molly.Dagg

Earning My Ears
Hello!

My name is Molly Dagg. My wedding has already passed, but I have been told by multiple people to still post my 'journal' to hopefully help any future Disneyland Brides.

I was married at the Rose Court Garden, which is part of the Disneyland hotel. I had 34 guests, including my husband and myself. We had Mickey and Minnie at the cake cutting, and a special meet and greet with Oswald. We had an open bar, and plated meals for our guests. I did a ton of DIY decorations and also had help from fellow Disney brides. We had a candy bar, and a bubble machine from Disneys Floral and Decor.

I will elaborate on the process of how I went through getting all of these things, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. We originally started planning an escape wedding until less than two months before the big day.

Please ask me any and all questions and I will do my best to answer them!

-Molly Dagg

Last edited:
About us:

Bride: Molly Dagg

I am currently a student in an Occupational Therapy Assistant program, working two jobs as a CNA. I love helping people!

Video games and crafts are my
two main hobbies at the moment.

I have two miniature dachshunds, Ariel & Pretzel.

Groom: Evan Dagg

Is currently in his masters program for electrical and computer engineering. He works at HP and is also doing research for his school.

He also plays video games with me and enjoys messing around with engineering projects.

We both love Disney and it is a huge part of our life especially after our wedding journey.

How we met:

We met when we were 12 years old and in middle school. I teased him, and he tolerated it.

Fast forward to Senior year in high school. I added him on Facebook and we started talking. Talking turned into hanging out, which turned into dates, which turned into dating.

We were dating for 3.5 years, and then he popped the question. Of course I said yes!

We were engaged for almost 2 years. (I put a lot of effort and research into the wedding and that is what worked with our budget for needing to save up).

We got married September 23, 2015!

Tomorrow will be our 3 month wedding anniversary! Boy does time fly.

Candy Bar:

We got our candy bar at our reception through Disney's Floral and Decor team. I had so many questions to ask and will post the answers here!

Q: Does Disney provide the candy bar come with all of the jars/containers?

A: Yes, they do! and I will add that they are super cute too!

Q: Does Disney provide bags/scoops for the guests?

A: Yes! My guests were provided clear cellophane bags, and ribbon to tie them off as well.

Q: Does Disney refill the candy once it gets low?

A: No, and honestly with my number of guests, and how much candy Disney provided us, there was no need for refills!

Q: What types of candy does the bar come with?

A: Variety of Candy including chocolates, chews, gummy, sours, hard candy,

jelly beans, salt water taffy, gum balls, rock candy, sour belts. (Colors were requested as rainbow, because of our Wreck it Ralph theme to the candy bar, but you can request any colors you want!)

I hope this helps!

Last edited:

Molly I totally didn't see you started this! Yay!!! I think you need to share some of your amazing pictures >.>

Candy Bar:

We got our candy bar at our reception through Disney's Floral and Decor team. I had so many questions to ask and will post the answers here!

Q: Does Disney provide the candy bar come with all of the jars/containers?

A: Yes, they do! and I will add that they are super cute too!

Q: Does Disney provide bags/scoops for the guests?

A: Yes! My guests were provided clear cellophane bags, and ribbon to tie them off as well.

Q: Does Disney refill the candy once it gets low?

A: No, and honestly with my number of guests, and how much candy Disney provided us, there was no need for refills!

Q: What types of candy does the bar come with?

A: Variety of Candy including chocolates, chews, gummy, sours, hard candy,

jelly beans, salt water taffy, gum balls, rock candy, sour belts. (Colors were requested as rainbow, because of our Wreck it Ralph theme to the candy bar, but you can request any colors you want!)

I hope this helps!

LOVE the candy bar idea! And these FAQs are super helpful! You don't see too many candy bars at Disney weddings.

LOVE the candy bar idea! And these FAQs are super helpful! You don't see too many candy bars at Disney weddings.

$400 for a candy bar in my world is way more worth $400 for flowers. I was so excited to have this at the wedding and my guests absolutely LOVED it!

One regret, I wish I would have done a 'last call' on the candy bar, because many of my guests didn't want to take too much, so I ended up with A TON of candy to take home. I still have some in mason jars on my kitchen counter. Hahhaha

Molly I totally didn't see you started this! Yay!!! I think you need to share some of your amazing pictures >.>

With your & Lauren's suggestions to post, I finally decided to do it. I hope it helps other brides!

I think I am almost allowed to post pictures with how many posts/replies I have done. Pictures will be up ASAP!

We picked our photographer Jenna Henderson from White Rabbit Photography. Her style of shooting pictures are all so genuine, and she really captures the couples personalities. She is able to shoot pictures in the parks in the same locations and still manage to be able to make each picture original. She is very sweet and makes you comfortable in front of the camera. We received posing suggestions as needed which was super helpful. We did both our engagement shoot and wedding pictures with her. She is great at getting pictures back to her clients quickly which is always a plus! I definitely recommend her to anyone who is in California and wanting their pictures taken.

http://www.whiterabbitphotoboutique.com/

When I was planning my wedding, Disneyland allowed me to make my own centerpieces with the condition of me being responsible for figuring out how it was going to get set up and taken down. With the help of some amazing girlfriends I was able to make this happen.

I used Funko POP figures for my centerpieces. POP figures have a very special place in my heart because that is what my now husband used to propose to me. The figures were put on little acrylic stands I purchased on amazon and circular mirrors. One of my friends also volunteered to hand punch Mickey head confetti in my wedding colors (red black and yellow) to sprinkle on the tables.

Because I live in Oregon, I did have to find a way to get all my wedding items safely down to California. My husband and I drove 14 hours with a car full of carefully packed and labeled totes, our luggage and of course my wedding dress on top.

While packing I carefully wrapped each POP figure and had a bag with some confetti in it for each table. Each gallon bag was labeled for each table with a diagram at the top of the box it was packed in for reference for the amazing crew I had to help me set up all of my decor. I also took the time to photograph each themed tables centerpiece so they knew what I wanted it to look like.

All of the tables turned out perfectly and I was incredibly happy that Disney gave me the option of doing my own centerpieces.

(Plus it was a good excuses to expand my collection! Haha)

I have been asked several times about what I used on my lips on the big day. I used this lip stain recommended to me by my makeup and hair artist from fairytale hair & makeup. I believe I purchased it at target and it's a stain/gloss combo.

For preserving my wedding flowers I went two different routes. I did the regular drying them out, but had heard from multiple brides that it didn't work out for them the way they wanted. As a back up plan I was able to find a company that takes flower petals and turns them into jewelry. I sent in a box of my fresh petals when I arrived home and had them turned into a pendent and a set of stud earrings. I was so impressed with how they turned out. The company is bellabeads.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter