• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mommy and Son

CaseyJr

Remember The Magic
I was thinking of taking a short (4-day) trip to WDW with my 6 y/o son (just the 2 of us). Our last visit was in September 1999 (I think). DH likes WDW, too, but he tends to get uptight about everything, especially the crowds. I would like some time where my son and I can relax and do things at our own pace (ie: at a 6 y/o's pace, even if it means repeating the same rides over and over...) Has anyone taken a trip where it's just a parent and a child? How did it work out? :confused:

Last year my DH only stayed part of our trip (3 out of 7 days) and myself and DS (4) were alone. It worked out fine, we had a very good time and toured at my son's pace. I did miss DH , especially after standing in line for 30 minutes and as we got to the front DS had to use the restroom. If DH were there one of us could have taken him, while the other stayed in line. Have a good time.

I always travel alone with my DS(51/2). We just travel at his pace. Which usually means alot of time in the hotel pool. But I don't mind the quality time we get is priceless. A couple of tips from my experience. Definitely stay on site, no transportation concerns. Have a town car take you from the airport to your hotel. It costs a little more than mears but is worth every penny. They meet you at the baggage claim area so you don't have to try to juggle finding your luggage and not losing your child. Have fun!!!

I took my almost 7 year old son a few years ago as a surprise "mommy and Michael" trip. We had such a fantastic time. We geared the whole trip around what he wanted to do (which included riding Buzz Lightyear 3 times in a row!!!) I made PS's for a few character meals, but mainly we just ate when and what we wanted to . It was an amazingly relaxing trip --- not like our usual commando trips.

In 2000, DD & I were there for the first 3 days before the boys arrived. We had a blast!

This year DS & I will be there for 3 days until DH & DD arrive. We are looking forward to doing the things he enjoys most!

I think you'll have a great time.

My DS started kindergarten last September. I couldn't pass up $80 r/t airfare and $49 room at ASSp. So I talked DH into letting me take DS on a mommy and son only trip for 3 days. We went to Epcot (DS's favorite park) and Sea World (had never been). It was a great trip!! We did the parks in the AM and went to pool and DTD in PM. We had just gone on a 2 week trip in May, so we didn't feel like we had to do everything. I had made 1 PS for our first night at CM. I would go again with just DS, but DS was upset DH didn't go- we love our little family! DS said he didn't want to go to WDW without daddy again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter