monopod

The Grays

Mouseketeer
I know in the past a few years old post this has been asked.

Does Disney allow mono-pods in the park?

Thanks

Dan

I would assume the rules would be the same as for tripods. If so, then it's allowed as long as it collapses small enough to put in a backpack.

See this.

However, as hearsay, it is my understanding you may run into issues with some screeners who don't know the difference between a selfie stick and a monopod.

If it's large enough you shouldn't have a problem. I've got a collapsible one but it still collapses down to about 2 feet and have never had a problem getting it into the parks. I've got a much smaller one that collapses to 6 inches and it could easily be mistaken for (and used as) a selfie-stick. Although I could use my large monopod as a selfie stick but it's pretty unwieldy to do so.

I have a collapsible monopod (think aluminum tent poles) with 5 sections about 12" long. Never had a problem bringing it in, one security screener thought it was a cane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!