Monorail Bar Crawl

ryanj21

Earning My Ears
Hi guys!
I recently went to Disney with my buddies and we did "Around the World" at Epcot. But, we also did the Monorail Bar Crawl. I highly recommend giving it a try. We had a blast, and will be going back next January to do it again. I wrote about the adventures on my website if anyone is interested in giving it a try. Enjoy!

-Ryan

http://www.ryanscountdowns.com/the-best-of-disney-worlds-monorail-pub-crawl/

Probably medium. The tiki bar really excites me, so I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time there!

I've been saying I want to try this but never leave the Poly. I love Lapu Lapu's too much!

Hahaha. Stefecatzz, I TOTALLY get it. That is why we went back to the Polynesian two nights later and spent plenty of time at Trader Sam's, and Tambu Lounge. We had more than our fair share of Lapu Lapu's and Backscratchers. Hahaha. Maybe, just to be safe, you should start at the Grand Floridian, then hit up the Contemporary, and finish at the Polynesian? You won't regret it.

I sat in Tambu Lounge for a while, waiting on my pager to get in Trader Sam's, but honestly, I enjoyed the atmosphere better at Tambu. They only let a few in at a time, and it just had a weird vibe the night I was there. Lapu Lapu's are awesome!

I sat in Tambu Lounge for a while, waiting on my pager to get in Trader Sam's, but honestly, I enjoyed the atmosphere better at Tambu. They only let a few in at a time, and it just had a weird vibe the night I was there. Lapu Lapu's are awesome!

I totally agree with you rcollins223. I absolutely prefer the Tambu Lounge because it is more laid back. I only ranked Trader Sam's a notch higher because t is so unique, and there is the outdoor section that is actually quite enjoyable. And yes, Lapu Lapu's are pretty incredible. I would love to have one right now, but unfortunatelty, I am at work. And in Rhode Island. Hahaha

What better way to bond with your under aged children than go on a Disney Bar Crawl with them?

Thank you so much for this, loved reading it! I may incorporate the minnie crawl while I drop the kids at the poly kids club

What better way to bond with your under aged children than go on a Disney Bar Crawl with them?

Thank you so much for this, loved reading it! I may incorporate the minnie crawl while I drop the kids at the poly kids club

Twinsmama, that is great! Good luck, and let me know how it goes!

So hubby and I did this last week Sunday. We started out about 5:00 which was mistake #1. We should have started about 1:00.

Our first stop was Tambu at the Poly and we shared a Lapu Lapu. DH liked it, I did not. Not a dark rum fan. There was no interaction from the bartenders which was disappointing. We stopped by Trader Sam's but it was a 30 minute wait. Mistake #2 was not starting there. Our plan was to come back.

On to the GF at Mizner Lounge with Tammy as bartender. She was funny and entertaining to watch and the other patrons were a joy to talk to. I had a glass of Reisling and DH had a captain and ginger ale. We tried to order food, but Tammy kept forgetting because she was busy.

Went to Citicos next for a mojito which was yummy. Had the cheese platter which was over priced and not all that great. The bartender had no personality and we found the place stuffy. We will not go back

On to the Contempory and the Outer rim. I don't remember what we drank but they came with the lighted ice cubes. The bartender was from about 20 miles from our hometown and it was not busy so we thought she would be up for some chitchat. Boy, were we wrong. No personality and a little rude. Needed some food so we got some dinner at the food court and then to the Wave. Back to wine and captain and bartenders who had no desire to talk with the patrons. It was about 8:00 and the bar was not so busy. Went to the Top of the World Lounge since we are DVC members to watch the fireworks at 9:00. By that time I was tired of drinking and DH was not feeling well. What he had for dinner was not sitting well with all the alcohol. Went back to our in hope of finding some other bars the next few days.

On a good note, we stopped at this little bar at the Boardwalk Inn and found a gem. The bartender was talkative, knowledgeable and genuinely pleased to serve us. Met an adult father and son who were interesting to talk to.

Next trip we hope to try some of the bars we missed and go back to Mizners.

Great write up.... have done this a few times---- too bad you couldn't find a way into the top of the world lounge... now there is a challenge for you-- you have to meet a member "friend" at one of the bars.... or maybe heavily tip one of the elevator operators at BLT.....

We do a modified version every year over the holidays. We use it as an opportunity to not only drink and eat, but to check out how everything is decorated.

After taking the bus to MK, we walk to the Contemporary.
We always go to The Wave, and have never been disappointed with the food, beverage, or service at the bar. I especially enjoy the tacos.

We take the monorail to the Polynesian and eat at the sushi bar. Besides a couple of rolls, I will get saki and then a beverage to go. We like walking around the Polynesian at night and then we take the path to the Grand Floridian. Bonus, because we plan it this way, halfway to the GF, there's a usually deserted beach with swings and lounge chairs where we watch the fireworks.

From there we walk around GF, checking out the decorations, before heading over to Narcoosee's for a final round of food and drinks.

Good choices. I'm not a fan of the outer rim, feels more like an airport bar but it doesn't stop me from going there!

A couple others to try but off the monorail but in MK area.
1- Top of the World Lounge (have to be with a DVC member)- Great location for watching fireworks. Very relaxing if you get there early prior to fireworks or stay after.
2- A boat ride to Wilderness Lodge and a visit to the Territory Lounge. A little off the beaten path but is a nice atmosphere.
3- A boat from WL to Ft. Wilderness Crockett's Tavern with its moonshine drinks!

We usually do WL and Ft Wilderness first and than a boat to Contemporary to the monorail portion of our tour. :drinking:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter