Monorail Bar Crawl

So hubby and I did this last week Sunday. We started out about 5:00 which was mistake #1. We should have started about 1:00.

Our first stop was Tambu at the Poly and we shared a Lapu Lapu. DH liked it, I did not. Not a dark rum fan. There was no interaction from the bartenders which was disappointing. We stopped by Trader Sam's but it was a 30 minute wait. Mistake #2 was not starting there. Our plan was to come back.

On to the GF at Mizner Lounge with Tammy as bartender. She was funny and entertaining to watch and the other patrons were a joy to talk to. I had a glass of Reisling and DH had a captain and ginger ale. We tried to order food, but Tammy kept forgetting because she was busy.

Went to Citicos next for a mojito which was yummy. Had the cheese platter which was over priced and not all that great. The bartender had no personality and we found the place stuffy. We will not go back

On to the Contempory and the Outer rim. I don't remember what we drank but they came with the lighted ice cubes. The bartender was from about 20 miles from our hometown and it was not busy so we thought she would be up for some chitchat. Boy, were we wrong. No personality and a little rude. Needed some food so we got some dinner at the food court and then to the Wave. Back to wine and captain and bartenders who had no desire to talk with the patrons. It was about 8:00 and the bar was not so busy. Went to the Top of the World Lounge since we are DVC members to watch the fireworks at 9:00. By that time I was tired of drinking and DH was not feeling well. What he had for dinner was not sitting well with all the alcohol. Went back to our in hope of finding some other bars the next few days.

On a good note, we stopped at this little bar at the Boardwalk Inn and found a gem. The bartender was talkative, knowledgeable and genuinely pleased to serve us. Met an adult father and son who were interesting to talk to.

Next trip we hope to try some of the bars we missed and go back to Mizners.

What was the bar at the Boardwalk?

When talking monorail bar crawl, are we just talking the bars around the Magic Kingdom loop? or does this include Epcot area?

When talking monorail bar crawl, are we just talking the bars around the Magic Kingdom loop? or does this include Epcot area?

just talking about the MK monorail loop. To get to the drinks in Epcot would be a lot of extra walking and kills the ease of the current loop.

We did this over spring break this year with a small group and had a blast! We even included a boat ride over to Wilderness Lodge. Needless to say, the rest of the evening at Disney Springs was a treat

We did this over spring break this year with a small group and had a blast! We even included a boat ride over to Wilderness Lodge. Needless to say, the rest of the evening at Disney Springs was a treat
To add, we stopped at:
Outer Rim @ Contemporary
Tambu Lounge @ Polynesian (Trader Sam's wasn't open yet)
Mizner's Lounge @ Grand Floridian
Territory Lounge @ Wilderness Lodge

Some coworkers and I did the Monorail crawl while we were in Orlando for a conference in June. We however started at the WL (Uber dropped us off) then boated over to the CR and took the monorail to the Poly and the GF. The were blown away by Wilderness Lodge and I'm so glad we included it.

We had a great time and the rest of the group were Disney thrilled (especially as we watched Wishes from atop he CR). They loved the experience and couldn't believe we could do this without a theme park ticket.

So Territory Lounge, California Grill Lounge, Trader Sam's, and Mizners (although we eventually ended up at Gasparilla Island Grill eating cupcakes LOL).

We will be at the WL 2/4 to 2/12 and will most likely need a pub crawl if the kids are grouchy. When do you guys go?

We are going for marathon weekend, which is January 6th-10th this year. We will likely do the Monorail Pub Crawl the day after the marathon on the 9th.

I am planning writing another pub crawl when I visit in January. Either Epcot Hotel Bars, Boardwalk Pub Crawl, Theme Park Pub Crawl, or simply a detailed Pub Crawl for the Around the World at Epcot. Any suggestions for what you all would like to see most?

Hope you have fun jeffa213. Let us know how it goes!

Last edited:
Will be back in Disney soon to do a new Pub Crawl. What are people more interested in doing... a Disney Springs Pub Crawl, a detailed Around the World Pub Crawl, a Disney Hotel Pub Crawl (outside of the monorail hotels), or a Disney Theme Park Pub Crawl (Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom?)

As I posted earlier, my husband and I LOVE the Monorail Drink-a-Thon, and we actually enjoy starting at Crockett's Lounge at Fort Wilderness (but can't start until 3:00). We usually boat over at 2:30 from Magic Kingdom. Then we go to Wilderness Lodge, and have an appetizer at Territory Lounge right at 4:00. Then, it is on to Trader Sam's at Polynesian, followed by Mizner's, and then we usually try to finish at the bar at California Grill for fireworks. We got this idea from the Monorail Drink-a-Thon passports that we found online.

On our last trip, we went to buy our MDaT passports, and found that the company has now added a Sippin' and Snackin' in the Springs passport for Disney Springs, so we did that too - it will now also become a regular excursion when we visit WDW! It was so fun, and it was nice to add the snacks to the drinking. Wow, has Disney Springs expanded!!

Will be back in Disney soon to do a new Pub Crawl. What are people more interested in doing... a Disney Springs Pub Crawl, a detailed Around the World Pub Crawl, a Disney Hotel Pub Crawl (outside of the monorail hotels), or a Disney Theme Park Pub Crawl (Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom?)

I would vote for a "Around the World Pub Crawl." What day?

I did a half pub crawl, stopped at the poly and contemporary. Next trip I’ll hit up all of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!