• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Monorail Bar Crawl

Stchamp110

Earning My Ears
Would like to do a Monorail bar crawl but don't know much about monorail resorts. Any advice for a forst timer would be greatly appreciated!

Time-wise, Steakhouse '71 lounge at the Contemporary opens at 12, Trader Sam's at Poly opens at 3, and you need to get on a waitlist early if you want to get in in a reasonable amount of time. There will be a wait unless you're lucky enough to be in the first group. Trader Sam's is not a big place, but it is very cool. We usually hit Tambu lounge while we're waiting. Enchanted Rose at GF opens at 4, I believe. Pool bars, if you want to check them out as well, open around 11. A drink or two and an app or two at each place would take the place of a meal. We were staying at BLT last trip and my wife and I hit these spots, and then Outer Rim at Contemporary for just drinks. We had a really good time and spent 6-7 hours doing this, though it can be done much quicker. We made it a late lunch/early dinner. We started around 1:30 because we wanted to get on the list for Trader Sam's early so we could get in as close to open as possible.
This is also a good opportunity to explore the resorts if you haven't before. If you're staying on property, you can take a bus to MK and get on the resort loop from there. You can also drive to TTC and get on the monorail from there, or walk to Poly. Though, depending on how much of a "crawl" this is going to be, a bus or Uber is probably best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter