Monumental Hotel

tguz

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any experience with the Monumental Hotel on International drive? Is it a good place for a short pre-Disney stay? It will probably be a 2 night stay and then we will check into our Disney World resort. Thanks.

While I have not stayed there personally, IMHO I would advise against staying in any hotel that is not branded nor affiliated with a reputable hotel chain (such as Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, etc.).. Also a quick search on TripAdvisor seems to show more negative reviews than positive from travelers that have stayed at this hotel. Is there a particular reason why you are only looking at this hotel?

While I have not stayed there personally, IMHO I would advise against staying in any hotel that is not branded nor affiliated with a reputable hotel chain (such as Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, etc.).. Also a quick search on TripAdvisor seems to show more negative reviews than positive from travelers that have stayed at this hotel. Is there a particular reason why you are only looking at this hotel?
The site I checked, it was rated 8.1 as an average and 8.5 as far as cleanliness and some of the other hotels that were rated 8.0 - 8.5 were more expensive. Plus, we are staying there just one night before we move to the Pop Century and start our Disney vacation. Those are the main reasons I was looking at that hotel and wondering if anyone had any personal experience there. Maybe I will keep looking. Thanks.

I looked it up on Tripadvisor too, but didn't want to comment about the negative reviews (since I've never stayed there). We found a nice Springhill Suites with no resort or parking fee for less than $150 total and includes breakfast, for 2 nights before checking in to Saratoga Springs in August. They are out there, just need to poke around.

It's been many years but we stayed there once and found it to be a super clean, very nice, upscale sort of hotel. Now I am talking about the big one with the distinct Florida look. I think there is one called Monumental Movieland Hotel and that doesn't look near as nice but I couldn't tell you. The Monumental Orlando is where we stayed and it was very quiet and had a zero entry pool and was a little off the beaten path on International past Sea World. Looked like a brand new hotel about 10 years ago. I've always wanted to stay there again.

It's been many years but we stayed there once and found it to be a super clean, very nice, upscale sort of hotel. Now I am talking about the big one with the distinct Florida look. I think there is one called Monumental Movieland Hotel and that doesn't look near as nice but I couldn't tell you. The Monumental Orlando is where we stayed and it was very quiet and had a zero entry pool and was a little off the beaten path on International past Sea World. Looked like a brand new hotel about 10 years ago. I've always wanted to stay there again.
I booked at the one you are talking about. I agree it looks "Florida" and the rating was 8.5 for cleanliness. We are there one night as we get to the Disney area the afternoon before our Disney vacation starts.

I booked at the one you are talking about. I agree it looks "Florida" and the rating was 8.5 for cleanliness. We are there one night as we get to the Disney area the afternoon before our Disney vacation starts.
Let us know what you think. I've been tempted many times to stay there again but I think my choice is always swayed by the resort fees. I'd love to know if it's still as nice as it was.

Let us know what you think. I've been tempted many times to stay there again but I think my choice is always swayed by the resort fees. I'd love to know if it's still as nice as it was.
Sure will! We stay there July 27th.

Does anyone have any experience with the Monumental Hotel on International drive? Is it a good place for a short pre-Disney stay? It will probably be a 2 night stay and then we will check into our Disney World resort. Thanks.
We stayed there for one night in Dec. We had a late flight and just needed a place for that night until we checked into our Disney resort the next day. It was fine. I honestly can’t remember anything significant (good or bad) about the room. It must have been just run of the mill. We did walk past the pool area and it looked nice. The hotel itself felt fairly large and eerily quiet (maybe because we got there around 1:00 am). Parking lot wasn’t that full though. It sits back off the road, but it’s close to a few restaurants and not far from Disney.

We stayed there for one night in Dec. We had a late flight and just needed a place for that night until we checked into our Disney resort the next day. It was fine. I honestly can’t remember anything significant (good or bad) about the room. It must have been just run of the mill. We did walk past the pool area and it looked nice. The hotel itself felt fairly large and eerily quiet (maybe because we got there around 1:00 am). Parking lot wasn’t that full though. It sits back off the road, but it’s close to a few restaurants and not far from Disney.
Thanks, good info. We are just doing 1 night there now before checking into our Disney resort and getting there mid afternoon. Probably just long enough to check out the Disney Character Warehouse, swim, and have something to eat. I'm ok with it being run of the mill, just hope the rating of 8.1 or 8.5 for cleanliness is correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts