"Mood" lighting available in Surial Spa?

mshinrockford

Mouseketeer
Being a little on the modest side, I’m sure that my wife would find the Surial Spa more “relaxing” if we were able to adjust the lighting appropriately. If the only option is to do this Spa under bright flourescent lights, I’m not sure that even I would be very comfortable. For those of you that have experienced the Surial spa, is the lighting adjustable? Before booking the Spa, I’d like to know if “mood” lighting is an option.

Ah, thanks for being brave enough to ask this question, I was thinking the same thing myself. After being married for 13 years and having 2 kids together, there are somethings that are better kept in the dark LOL;)

Candles would be perfect, don't you agree? My husband would love it, I just need to get over my own hang-ups and just go with the flow! Maybe next time.....

Skip the candles....in fact, skip the surial altogether. It was a little bit yucky. The steam didn't work, and I wasn't sure how clean the place was. I'll cruise another time, but I'll never go in that spa again.

Thanks to all for the replies. Based on your comments, I think I’ll just make a special pre-cruise visit to our local Bath & Bodyworks store to pick-up some supplies then create our own private “Spa” session (with appropriate mood lighting) in the privacy of our stateroom while the kids are in the Oceaneer’s Lab.

I had great dreams of the Spa, but my wife did not.

Instead we opted for 2 rooms (adjoining). we got twice the bathroom space, (important with 2 teen DD's) and Ten times the privacy.

I guess if your significant other is comfortable, the "private spa" is the far more enjoyable.

I thought it was somewhat dark in the surial bath. There are definitely no bright flourescent lights(at least not when we did it).

I would not bring candles. There really is very little space to put candles other than the little table which is full of products. The only other place is the floor or bench seat. The lighting in the room is dim and romantic. I also think DCL does not allow or they disapprove of candles due to the open flame and the fact the ship can rock and roll and time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter