Moonlight Magic Details Magic Kingdom

Are the pictures taken with the characters complimentary PhotoPass pictures? At the Moonlight Magic event at Disneyland this past November, the pictures were free. Wondering if it's the same at WDW. If they're not, if you purchase memory maker with your tickets (going to the parks that day), would these pictures be included?

Typhoon Lagoon had the photo pass pictures. Has anyone answered this? I would definitely wait in lines if the Photos were on the photo pass!

Yes, free Photopass pictures.
Yeah! Thank you.

Another question...for the 28th event, were off site guests able to register? I booked for ourselves and two friends, and these two friends cannot come. I have another friend who will not be staying on site, can she come instead of the other friends. I know they did not take Guest names, but I want to be sure she can enter with me.

Last edited:
Yeah! Thank you.

Another question...for the 28th event, we’re off site guests able to register? I booked for ourselves and two friends, and these two friends cannot come. I have another friend who will not be staying on site, can she come instead of the other friends. I know they did not take Guest names, but I want to be sure she can enter with me.
Yes, offsite people can come.
Last year, I had two people that came in from home for the evening and met them at the resort before going to the MK.

Rain is in the forecast for Sunday the 28th. Anyone experience a party in the rain?

You would not believe the deluge we had at AK one September! Did not stay very long, Safari, Bugs...stopped pouring but we were soaked, tired.

Call me crazy, but I literally just booked a 1 night trip to do one of these parties. My DD15 is turning 16 and my birthday is very close to hers. So....off we go. She says this is an acceptable Sweet 16 birthday party and gift... even if it's just with mom.

Free flights, free party, gonna just book a value for the night....about a $100 plus food. Can't beat that! Going to leave super early on day 1 and fly home super late on day 2. I'm sure we can squeeze some Disney Springs and a nice birthday meal in somewhere!

You're not crazy LOL...or if you are I am too. Just booked kennel for 2 nights for our 3 dogs and a campground reservation (we have an RV but hubby doesn't want to leave the dogs in the rig for hours while we're off at the event). Booked the event for the 28th when it opened up for people not staying on site and have been hoping a DVC room would open up but since none have jumped on the campsite availability. So yeah....$100 for the site, about $150 for the 2 nights at the kennel for "free" tickets. Still worth it IMO. Happy birthday to you and your daughter!

We are staying at the poly does anyone know how early I can pick up my bands for the event this Sunday?

I am going to Orlando on a short business trip but luckily can be at the World for the event on 2/6.

I have an annual pass certificate that I am not going to use until later in the year, however, would love to use the MM for the event.

I have been advised by MS that even though MM would not be available until the AP is activated, there is now an Event Only MM option that I could purchase for this DVC event. She mentioned it was first available this year for the MVMCP events.

Has anyone purchased this and how much is it? I have searched and found nothing about it.

I am going to Orlando on a short business trip but luckily can be at the World for the event on 2/6.

I have an annual pass certificate that I am not going to use until later in the year, however, would love to use the MM for the event.

I have been advised by MS that even though MM would not be available until the AP is activated, there is now an Event Only MM option that I could purchase for this DVC event. She mentioned it was first available this year for the MVMCP events.

Has anyone purchased this and how much is it? I have searched and found nothing about it.
I believe the CM is referring to the One Day Memory Maker product which can only be purchased using the MDE mobile app. AFAIK, the cost is $59 and can be purchased once you have photos taken for that date.

NOTE: There have been reports that photo downloads are free during these Moonlight Magic events. I can't confirm this as we have Gold Passes so we get free downloads already.

Thanks ... 6 pm at the resorts and/or at the park

I will meet all my guests at the Magic Kingdom so they can in as soon as they can, one family has never been to Disney before and is soooo excited !!!
I was going to pick up all the stuff at the poly and then head over to save time but it looks like just getting to the MK at 6 is the best option.
If I remember correctly the last few events we attended we where able to pickup the bands at our resort about an hour before your guests could get into the park without a regular park ticket but maybe they are changing that ...

The small print in the Moonlight Magic confirmation and reminder emails indicate that "Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Members will be notified via resort, phone or email communication". We are planning on attending the event this Sunday (1/28) at the Magic Kingdom and the weather forecast looks pretty bad for Sunday night when the event would take place. I wonder if they would actually cancel this event due to rain, or if they just include that language in the rare case of a catastrophic weather event?

The small print in the Moonlight Magic confirmation and reminder emails indicate that "Event may be canceled at the discretion of Disney Vacation Club due to inclement weather and Members will be notified via resort, phone or email communication". We are planning on attending the event this Sunday (1/28) at the Magic Kingdom and the weather forecast looks pretty bad for Sunday night when the event would take place. I wonder if they would actually cancel this event due to rain, or if they just include that language in the rare case of a catastrophic weather event?
Curious about this myself...

I contacted a DVC rep via chat regarding the inclement weather statement and she indicated that "it would be cancelled if the weather got too bad for the event to be held; that is a call that would be made at the time. If there is some rain, that is probably not enough to cancel the event. If it is a torrential downpour with thunder and lightening and threatens safety of guests and/or cast members, it would be cancelled.".

The DVC rep also indicated that "since the weather can change at any time, the call would not be made until up to about 2 hours prior to the event. That is subject to change, too.".

Ugh we booked an entire weekend trip (flights, DVC stay, etc) around this event. Hoping for the best!

Last edited:
FWIW, contact DVC via chat this morning and was told the event will happen “rain or shine”...

I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help.

1..Does the whole party have to be with me when I check in at the hotel for the event? Can I get the wrist bands and hand them out as I see my guest?
2....I have reservations but under off site staying. I want to make reservations on property and add more guest to the reservation for the event. So if I cancel my reservation for the event and book at a Resort will I be able to make a new reservation for the event?

I tried call MS today and I can't get an answer to either question, she could say what would happen.

I have a couple of questions I hope someone can help.

1..Does the whole party have to be with me when I check in at the hotel for the event? Can I get the wrist bands and hand them out as I see my guest?

I can only say what happened to me last year:
DW & I were at AKL.
DD & DGS came in for the day from home and met us at AKL.
Nephew and GF were staying at CR and have APs.
I went down by myself and got the bands for all of us at the front desk of AKL at 6PM.
We drove over to MK and met up with the AP holders inside the park.

We attended Sunday night. We stayed at the Poly. I asked at the front desk when they would be handing out bands and they said 630. We went to the park because we wanted our guests without tickets to get the most amount of time in the parks. We arrived at about 550 and they did not have a line or anything (they must have let people in early) Once the lead checked in then any one else you wanted in your party only had to say their name and they had no problem getting in which was great because we did not have to go back up to the front

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!