Moonlight Magic for Epcot?

Has anyone have any more info on the Epcot 4th event? We are registered, staying at BWV, but hoped for an email to confirm entry time(no other tix for that day), what will be open such as rides and food....

Has anyone have any more info on the Epcot 4th event? We are registered, staying at BWV, but hoped for an email to confirm entry time(no other tix for that day), what will be open such as rides and food....

I received an email this morning. Did you check your spam filter?

Here's part of it:

"During this complimentary, after-hours event at Epcot®, you'll enjoy a DJ dance party, unique Character Meet and Greets, and complimentary light refreshments. Discover shorter-than-usual wait times at some of your favorite attractions, from Soarin' Around the World and Test Track®Presented by Chevrolet® to the recently re-launched Mission: SPACE®.
1DA9EA981662188EA84A40A7794F38DF.gif

Here's everything you need to know:

Event Date: Monday, December 4, 2017

Event Time: 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM; Members and Special Guests may enter Epcot as early as 7:30 PM to get a jumpstart on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Membership Card and Photo ID are required):

Disney Vacation Club Resorts: Beginning at 6:30 PM (Please check the front desk for specific check-in location).

Epcot Entrance: Beginning at 7:30 PM

• In-Park Check-In: Beginning at 6:00 PM at Innoventions®"

I received an email this morning. Did you check your spam filter?

Here's part of it:

"During this complimentary, after-hours event at Epcot®, you'll enjoy a DJ dance party, unique Character Meet and Greets, and complimentary light refreshments. Discover shorter-than-usual wait times at some of your favorite attractions, from Soarin' Around the World and Test Track®Presented by Chevrolet® to the recently re-launched Mission: SPACE®.

Here's everything you need to know:

Event Date: Monday, December 4, 2017

Event Time: 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM; Members and Special Guests may enter Epcot as early as 7:30 PM to get a jumpstart on the fun.

Check-In: Members can check-in at the following locations (Membership Card and Photo ID are required):

Disney Vacation Club Resorts: Beginning at 6:30 PM (Please check the front desk for specific check-in location).

Epcot Entrance: Beginning at 7:30 PM

• In-Park Check-In: Beginning at 6:00 PM at Innoventions®"

We got our confirmation email for the 11th as well. Ours was also in the spam folder.

I called member services and was told that there are some spots held for walk ups or I may get in without a reservation in the case of no shows. Has anyone done this? Any idea what my chances would be?

I called member services and was told that there are some spots held for walk ups or I may get in without a reservation in the case of no shows. Has anyone done this? Any idea what my chances would be?
Not sure where the CM got that information, but the event details page specifically says no walk-ups.

Reservations are required and limited. Unfortunately, walk-ins will not be permitted.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic-epcot/

I booked for December using my desk top computer and had the same issues as everyone else, but was eventually able to get through. Now, I know no one will feel bad for me, but I need to book the Feb. event while I'm actually at WDW (yes, another vacation) and will have to use either my tablet or phone to do so. Has anyone had success using either? I do have a smart phone, but not an I-phone and not quite as "smart."

I booked for December using my desk top computer and had the same issues as everyone else, but was eventually able to get through. Now, I know no one will feel bad for me, but I need to book the Feb. event while I'm actually at WDW (yes, another vacation) and will have to use either my tablet or phone to do so. Has anyone had success using either? I do have a smart phone, but not an I-phone and not quite as "smart."
I booked for December on my iPad.

I used a kindle fire hd tablet (several years old) to book the 12/4 EPCOT MM. Had to use Public Wi-Fi in the Sydney, Nova Scotia cruise terminal. Ship's Wi-Fi blocked all Disney websites. Very happy (and lucky) that worked!

Saw this! This is going to be fun!

*Attractions Available During the Event
Spaceship Earth
Mission: SPACE (Green Mission and Orange Mission)
Test Track
Soarin’ Around the World
Living with the Land
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk with Crush
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Disney•Pixar Short Film Festival
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros
Frozen Ever After

*Character Greeting Locations
Buzz Lightyear (Mission: SPACE)
Mickey Mouse (Test Track)
Friends from the Festival of Fantasy Parade (The Seas with Nemo & Friends)
Minnie Mouse (The Land)
Woody, Jessie and Bullseye (Disney•Pixar Short Film Festival)
Baymax; Joy and Sadness (Epcot Character Spot North)
Horace and Clarabelle (Epcot Character Spot South Exterior)
Duffy (World Showcase Gazebo)
The Three Caballeros (Mexico)
Friends from “Frozen” (Norway)

*Food & Beverage

*Complimentary ice cream novelties will be available at carts in the following areas:
The Imagination! pavilion
Near Electric Umbrella
Future World East
Near Mission: SPACE
Mexico pavilion

*Complimentary snacks/beverages will be available at Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons.

*A selection of beer will be available to purchase at carts in Innoventions East, Innoventions West, and the Mexico pavilion.

*Merchandise
Exclusive event merchandise will be available to purchase at the Fountain Stage plaza area and at ImageWorks.

*Special Offerings
DVC Executive meet up - Event attendees will have the opportunity to meet with DVC executives in the Innoventions West courtyard from 10-11:30 p.m.
DVC Dance Party- A dance party with Goofy, Pluto, Daisy, Clarice, and Chip ‘n’ Dale will take place at the Fountain Stage from 10 p.m.- 1 a.m.
Mobile Senses Spa - Complimentary chair massages and nail wraps available to purchase (Innoventions West)
DVC Fireworks - Special event fireworks will be visible from around World Showcase at 11:45 p.m.
DVC Lounge (on December 11 only) - Games, small bites and more will be available in the DVC Lounge for those event attendees who have purchased the experience.

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Soarin’ Around the World
Living with the Land
Turtle Talk with Crush
Frozen Ever After

Minnie Mouse (The Land)

*Food & Beverage

*Complimentary ice cream novelties will be available at carts in the following areas:
Near Electric Umbrella
Future World East
Mexico pavilion

*Complimentary snacks/beverages will be available at Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons.

*A selection of beer will be available to purchase at carts in Innoventions East, Innoventions West, and the Mexico pavilion.

*Merchandise
Exclusive event merchandise will be available to purchase at the Fountain Stage plaza area and at ImageWorks.

*Special Offerings
DVC Executive meet up - Event attendees will have the opportunity to meet with DVC executives in the Innoventions West courtyard from 10-11:30 p.m.
DVC Dance Party- A dance party with Goofy, Pluto, Daisy, Clarice, and Chip ‘n’ Dale will take place at the Fountain Stage from 10 p.m.- 1 a.m.
Mobile Senses Spa - Complimentary chair massages and nail wraps available to purchase (Innoventions West)
DVC Fireworks - Special event fireworks will be visible from around World Showcase at 11:45 p.m.
DVC Lounge (on December 11 only) - Games, small bites and more will be available in the DVC Lounge for those event attendees who have purchased the experience.
Read the same. Looking forward to some of those character meets.

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Soarin’ Around the World
Living with the Land
Turtle Talk with Crush
Frozen Ever After

Minnie Mouse (The Land)

*Food & Beverage

Near Electric Umbrella
Future World East
Mexico pavilion

*Merchandise

*Special Offerings

Wow!!!!This looks like it will be so much better that what was originally announced. I am looking forward to seeing the reports from the 4th. We will be at the event on the 11th.

I'm at BWV, just came back from MK. There was a "noise notice" slipped under my door. 11:45 Illuminations on Dec 4 and 11!

Excited to see Frozen included! We couldn't fit in a FP this trip.

Last edited:
I'm at BWV, just came back from MK. There was a "noise notice" slipped under my door. 11:45 Illuminations on Dec 4 and 11!

Excited to see Frozen included! We couldn't fit in a FP this trip.

Well I hope for the DVC event its not just straight illuminations being shown since its listed a special DVC event fireworks.

Just checked again, notice says "illuminations:Reflections of Earth".

Hmm... guess it could be anything. We go on 11th so will see what people from 4th say since had planned to see illuminations first before party started

Just checked again, notice says "illuminations:Reflections of Earth".
I am at BWI and got the same flyer and it states Illuminations. We were in our room last night during Illumi nations and it was really loud with echoes off lake. Nice to warn guests.

Attachments

• 1512341410629.jpg
    1512341410629.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 23
Any updates from last night's party? I am so excited to see that they have opened up so much more. I was feeling very underwhelmed before heading into this event.

Any idea what the "Purchased experience" is for the DVC lounge?

We went. Enjoyed it immensely. Our strategy worked for us, first meeting with the execs, then getting ice cream and drinks. No waits. Then we we went to get photos with Joy and Sadness. Shortest line we ever saw for them, maybe 15 minutes if that much. From there we went to Nemo and were curious who the friends of the Festival of the Fantasy parade were. It was two of the dancers and there was no line. We rode Nemo and then headed to the merchandise locations on the World Showcase bridge. They were already out of the larger sizes of the shirts, but thought they might have them in Imageworks, but it was too close to the fireworks, so we opted to wait. Fireworks were okay, about 5 minutes. Back to Imageworks, all they had left was small, medium and 3XL. Line for Jesse, Woody and Bullseye was pretty long, I would guess about 40 minutes, so we rode Test Track, which took only about 20 minutes. At this time it was 12:45,so we had it the International Gateway and took the waiting boat to the Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!