Moonlight Magic for Epcot?

We enjoyed the evening very much! Rode Soarin, Living with the Land, Test Track, all with no wait! Had hot dogs, chips, cookies at Sunshine seasons. It was prepackaged that way which was very efficient. Later had Mickey bars from a cart. We loved the fireworks! It’s funny I read that Boardwalk gave notes to guests, because we all said we could imagine them being woken up from them, lol.

We enjoyed the evening very much! Rode Soarin, Living with the Land, Test Track, all with no wait! Had hot dogs, chips, cookies at Sunshine seasons. It was prepackaged that way which was very efficient. Later had Mickey bars from a cart. We loved the fireworks! It’s funny I read that Boardwalk gave notes to guests, because we all said we could imagine them being woken up from them, lol.
I agree about the noise!

we had the best time last night! Got there at 7:30, walked around WS and watched Illuminations. I just love the holiday ending. It was a zoo in Norway right at 10, so we headed to Soarin' and rode with no wait. Had snacks at Sunshine Seasons and off to Nemo and Freinds. With Mickey bars in hand, we got a quick pic with performers from the festival of fantasy parade. We walked on to test track and waited about 25 min for Frozen. Wonderful night!! So glad we had the opportunity to go! I did notice that lines for characters really decreased as the night went on.
Stacey

We were there last night too. Came in at 9:30 for Illuminations then went right to Soarin with no wait. Had hot dogs, went on Living with the land, then over to Test Track with a Mickey Bar on the way. Test Track was about a 20 minute wait. Tried to get event merchandise on the way to fireworks around 11:30 but they only had one small shirt left and sold out of ornaments. We did get a nice Olaf pin. We enjoyed the fireworks and walked back to Boardwalk for a few hours sleep before the Magical Express pickup.
Here are photos of the event brochure that I posted in another thread.

Attachments

• 20171205_062321.jpg
    20171205_062321.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 71
  • 20171205_062345.jpg
    20171205_062345.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 71
  • 20171205_062509.jpg
    20171205_062509.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 76

How long were the fireworks? Were they different than Illuminations?

Also, any opinion what character lines were the longest?

Going on the 11th and trying to figure where we should go first

How long were the fireworks? Were they different than Illuminations?

Also, any opinion what character lines were the longest?

Going on the 11th and trying to figure where we should go first

Yes, the DVC fireworks were different and lasted about 10-15 min.

The character lines that we saw didn’t seem too long. However, the merchandise line, another story. I’d recommend lining up asap following Illuminations.

For those that were there on the 4th: Overall, were the ride lines long at any given point, or for the most part were they short for most of the evening? Seems like strategy that worked was to head over to Soarin first thing. That was going to be my plan as well. I think it will be fun to ride the Land late at night since it usually shuts down earlier (at least it used to). We weren't really planning around the characters other than it being a random thing - kids not that interested. Did anyone experience waits that were high at any point? You would think directly after the fireworks that Frozen would get a bit wacky, was this the case?
Thanks,
John

For those that were there on the 4th: Overall, were the ride lines long at any given point, or for the most part were they short for most of the evening? Seems like strategy that worked was to head over to Soarin first thing. That was going to be my plan as well. I think it will be fun to ride the Land late at night since it usually shuts down earlier (at least it used to). We weren't really planning around the characters other than it being a random thing - kids not that interested. Did anyone experience waits that were high at any point? You would think directly after the fireworks that Frozen would get a bit wacky, was this the case?
Thanks,
John
Frozen was packed when the party started but the line was moving pretty good with no fast passes available... but then the ride broke down. We wasted 45 minutes there. Everyone who left there must have gone to soarin, because that line was 50 minutes when we got there. We got some hot dogs and waited until the fireworks started at that point soarin was about 20 minutes. If I was doing it again, I would start at Soarin and do Frozen last. But we were parked out front so didn’t want to go back to Frozen late this time.

Frozen was packed when the party started but the line was moving pretty good with no fast passes available... but then the ride broke down. We wasted 45 minutes there. Everyone who left there must have gone to soarin, because that line was 50 minutes when we got there. We got some hot dogs and waited until the fireworks started at that point soarin was about 20 minutes. If I was doing it again, I would start at Soarin and do Frozen last. But we were parked out front so didn’t want to go back to Frozen late this time.

Thanks for the tip. Definitely makes sense. Since we are using the Intl Gateway exit for BCV, that's definitely an option for us. Risk would be Frozen goes down toward the end of the night, then we miss out, but probably worth the risk. And we have a FP for another day anyway. Seems like overall a fun time so we are really looking forward to it. Other thing we'll have to figure out is whether the event merchandise is really that important to us - or if we just enjoy the experience and forget about it. I definitely don't want to waste valuable time waiting in line for stuff to buy, but I may lose that argument.

John

If you register from a resort, will you still need your ID card and photo ID at the gate? I probably wouldn't chance it, but I love the freedom of not having to carry anything but the magic bands. Last year, I had a slight issue getting into the DVC lounge because even though I had a picture of my ID and membership card on my phone, they still said it was policy to see the actual card and actual ID. I didn't argue but they ended up letting me in, anyway. I understand but with technology and the fact everything else is on the magic band, I couldn't understand why they couldn't incorporate your DVC membership on there as well.

We were there last night. We had been over visiting GF before, so even though we were staying offsite, we got our wristbands in the Villas Lobby with no wait. We wandered into Epcot around 9PM hoping to get a Tortiere (French meat pie) at the booth in Canada, but it appears the food booths close at 9PM We wandered around the world showcase and watched illuminations from Japan. As we wandered back to front, Norway WAS packed. The line at Mexico for the Three Cabaneros seemed long. I wanted to get a pin so we went straight to the Merch booth. I think I got in line around 10:10PM. While I saw people with ornaments in hand to buy, there were no more on the rack. While I thought the wait was about 20 minutes, DH said it was more like 30 minutes. Really a shame they couldn't set a up a queue AND have more cashiers. I was able to get two pins, I asked about the ornament, but they said they were out. After that, We made our way to where Carabelle and Horatio were, and got in line. DH held our place while I wandered over the Imageworks to see if they had ornaments. They did not and the line for the registers was VERY long. I did grab a Mickie bar with no wait on the way back to the character line. Again, I thought the wait was about 45 minutes, but DH said it was over an hour. We went into Soaring with hopes of pictures with Minnie, but at that point it was about 11:30, and I really wanted to see the fireworks. We grabbed the Hot dog snack and sat down for 15 minutes or so and then wandered outside. As we were walking towards the world showcase the fireworks started. It was a truly great show but I think it was 10 minutes or less. DH wanted to leave after that. He doesn't take well to alot of standing, which we did, watching illuminations, then at the merch line, then at the Character line. If I had stayed I would have tried to get more character pictures, but alas, we were home just before 1AM. We didn't do any rides as were are AP holders and have lots of opportunities to do the rides. I do like to try and get new character pictures though. The Minnie line looked about 20-30 minutes when we were having our snack. It would be interesting to know if it got longer or shorter after the fireworks.
I'm not sure I would really make a point to do a future one, and I don't think I could ever get DH to go with me to another one. Afterall, most of what I might go for is a pin, to commemorate, and then character pictures.
Anyone out there get lots of character pictures? and ow did you do it?
Anne

Thanks for the tip. Definitely makes sense. Since we are using the Intl Gateway exit for BCV, that's definitely an option for us. Risk would be Frozen goes down toward the end of the night, then we miss out, but probably worth the risk. And we have a FP for another day anyway. Seems like overall a fun time so we are really looking forward to it. Other thing we'll have to figure out is whether the event merchandise is really that important to us - or if we just enjoy the experience and forget about it. I definitely don't want to waste valuable time waiting in line for stuff to buy, but I may lose that argument.

John
The gift shop where you enter the DVC lounge was selling the ornaments and pins all day.

The only long character line we saw was for Woody, Jessie and Bullseye. Baymax, Joy and Sadness were much shorter than during normal hours and the line for friends of the Fantasy Parade was non-existent. Horace and Clarabell looked relatively short too.

Curious to hear any feedback from those who went last night. Did they put out more merchandise?

I got a survey about it. Wish they asked for more comments. I did get a kick that when asked where I heard about it, they included DISBoards.

I guess we are the only ones that was disappointed with the event. We went on the 4th about 8, listened to Christmas processional, watch illuminations from there. Got to Norway shortly after 10. Line had hundreds of people in it. Went to Soaring,it said a 25 min wait but queue was completely full. Got in line, then people started bailing. Ride had broken down. Got a hot dog and soda easily but had a hard time finding a place to sit. Did boat ride. Soaring was back up, but wait was 60 mins. Left and went to Nemo, got a mickey bar. Saw the fireworks. They were nice. Got another mickey bar on the way out. Probably the last hour was good based on the number of people leaving.

I had never been to a DVC event before so maybe I was expecting too much. I had thought rides would have been more like 15- 20 min waits.

Merchandise had a long line most of the night.

We had a great time just wished they would start merchandise and some characters at 9 since by that point they are already staffing the lines and to allow more time to get stuff done. The character lines just get so long....

We got the the park a little after 7, walked the countries and headed to Soarin around 9:30. They let us in early and we were on the ride before 10. Then we headed to grab a bite. Table space went quick but we were able to find one. We walked right onto Living with the Land and Nemo. Grabbed a Mickey bar then headed to Mexico to ride the ride. My back was killing me so we skipped Mission Space and Test track. Unfortunately, DH ended up coming down with a cold yesterday so we missed the fireworks, which I was really looking forward too because we left about 11:45.

I will say that compared to Magic Kingdom's the food was much better organized.

I saw big lines for merchandise every time we walked by.

Curious did the fireworks include the Globe from the regular show or was it just fireworks?

Curious did the fireworks include the Globe from the regular show or was it just fireworks?

No globe - it was a special firework show and not illuminations. It probably would be hard to switch the globe to anything else.

I guess we are the only ones that was disappointed with the event. We went on the 4th about 8, listened to Christmas processional, watch illuminations from there. Got to Norway shortly after 10. Line had hundreds of people in it. Went to Soaring,it said a 25 min wait but queue was completely full. Got in line, then people started bailing. Ride had broken down. Got a hot dog and soda easily but had a hard time finding a place to sit. Did boat ride. Soaring was back up, but wait was 60 mins. Left and went to Nemo, got a mickey bar. Saw the fireworks. They were nice. Got another mickey bar on the way out. Probably the last hour was good based on the number of people leaving.

I had never been to a DVC event before so maybe I was expecting too much. I had thought rides would have been more like 15- 20 min waits.

You're not alone... not that we didn't enjoy ourselves but it was missing something. We did the Magic Kingdom one and really like that one. We didn't see the fireworks listed on the brochure (and still haven't) but all of a sudden heard them going off. Loved that they had Mickey bars available! The length of the lines for the characters irks me... just too long to wait for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter