Moonlight Magic- Hollywood Studios

We just got back. Left around 10. It was an OK event. Park was very crowded. Posted wait for Toy Story Mania before park closing was 10 minutes. During MM, it was 40 minutes when we walked by. 55 minutes for SDD. 35 minutes for AS.

We didn’t wait in ride lines or character lines. Mostly just walked around, ate one free ice cream each and bought some merchandise. Which was its own breed of miserable.

At 8 pm, the one shop selling event merchandise was out of T-shirts except for S and XXL. I bought the last DVC Game of Life board game ( which is very nice). We were told merchandise would not be restocked, so there were lots of unhappy people. I happened to walk back through the store on my way out before 10, and there were plenty of shirts and board games. They “found” some in the back. So I was able to get a shirt.

It was a fine thing. It was free. But it underscored why Magic Kingdom is more suited for this sort of event. HS and Epcot don’t have enough attractions to disperse the crowds. So wait times are high for rides and character meets.

Speaking of, there were some “not on the map” characters out - Oswald, Clarabelle and Horace and Ewoks.

Speaking of, there were some “not on the map” characters out - Oswald, Clarabelle and Horace and Ewoks.
Ewoks?!? Eek! My son will flip to meet some ewoks! I'm guessing the lines are horrible. Where were they located? We'll have to prioritize this over a 50 min wait for SDD.

We enjoyed Moonlight Magic tonight! We picked up our bands , vouchers & map at our resort at 5:00 and showed up at DHS around 8:00. It was not very crowded at the gate when we arrived. We went to Toy Story Land and waited about 25 minutes for SDD, practically walked on TSM, went to RRC and walked on twice in a row. Went to TT and walked on twice in a row. We grabbed food, Mickey bars, walked through the gift shop and didn’t see anything I had to had. Walked forever to catch a bus back to our resort and was home by 11:45. Every CM I encountered was super nice and most thanked us for coming.

I’m so glad this event coincided with our trip and that we were able to get reservations. It was a nice night and i’m Glad we had the opportunity to attend!

We had a great time tonight. The longest wait we had was 25 for Slinky Dog (though the posted wait was 40). My family pretty much walked on to Tower and RnR multiple times. My two teenagers had a whole ToT elevator to themselves around 11:20. We saw Oswald right at 8:30 but didn’t see any other characters. They had a special 10:30 showing of Fantasmic but we decided to skip it. Wait for food was probably the longest wait of the night. Similar to EPCOT, the meal vouchers had to be used one at a time. Backlot Express at 7:30 was pretty packed. Overall, we had a great time. Long lines for boats and buses after midnight so we walked back to Beach Club.

We just got back. Left around 10. It was an OK event. Park was very crowded. Posted wait for Toy Story Mania before park closing was 10 minutes. During MM, it was 40 minutes when we walked by. 55 minutes for SDD. 35 minutes for AS.

We didn’t wait in ride lines or character lines. Mostly just walked around, ate one free ice cream each and bought some merchandise. Which was its own breed of miserable.

At 8 pm, the one shop selling event merchandise was out of T-shirts except for S and XXL. I bought the last DVC Game of Life board game ( which is very nice). We were told merchandise would not be restocked, so there were lots of unhappy people. I happened to walk back through the store on my way out before 10, and there were plenty of shirts and board games. They “found” some in the back. So I was able to get a shirt.

It was a fine thing. It was free. But it underscored why Magic Kingdom is more suited for this sort of event. HS and Epcot don’t have enough attractions to disperse the crowds. So wait times are high for rides and character meets.

We had a great time tonight. The longest wait we had was 25 for Slinky Dog (though the posted wait was 40). My family pretty much walked on to Tower and RnR multiple times. My two teenagers had a whole ToT elevator to themselves around 11:20. We saw Oswald right at 8:30 but didn’t see any other characters. They had a special 10:30 showing of Fantasmic but we decided to skip it. Wait for food was probably the longest wait of the night. Similar to EPCOT, the meal vouchers had to be used one at a time. Backlot Express at 7:30 was pretty packed. Overall, we had a great time. Long lines for boats and buses after midnight so we walked back to Beach Club.

The posted wait times during MM have never been right. We did Epcot last year and soarin said 30 mins and it was like 5-10 tops. Same with At Mk they were always shorter.

Was the only merchandise the games and t shirts? I am guessing they won't have any games left for the last event but that could be a fun souvenir.

How late are they serving or does it vary by location?
Vouchers may be redeemed at Dockside Diner or KRNR the Rock Station until 8:00 PM; Backlot Express or Sunset Ranch Market until 12:00 AM.
1DA9EA981662188EA84A40A7794F38DF.gif

Checking the #MoonlightMagic hashtag on twitter had some other interesting meets too. I don't know if you can view without a twitter account but looks like people had some fun. I'm really looking forward to it!

We picked up our bands and meal vouchers at 5 on in the lobby of WL. Also a brochure with all the info bro we needed. This went smoothly. Took a bus to HS. Walked right in no wait at 7 pm. There had been a passing thunderstorm. No biggie. It’s Florida. Weather cleared and it was perfect.
DH and son walked right on to ToT and rest of us did Star Wars Launch Bay and Little Mermaid while they were doing single rider RnR. Grouped back up and went to Toy Story Land. It is beautiful at night. Park was closing for day guests. Lines were great rest of night. Everything practically walked on except for about 20-25 minute wait for SDD - loved it!
Meal voucher good - we ate at Sunset Ranch. Some had pizza and others had burgers. Had Mickey bars - some of us had 2!
Stayed til it ended. All in all a very good night! No complaints!

What does the t Shirt look like?? Going next week......

Thanks for all the info, I am hoping to see the Ewoks (where were they??) and Bolt...

Thanks to those posting information!

I may have missed it but where is the merchandise offered during the event @ mgm?

Explain the bands and vouchers to me. We are going to be there, staying at BW this coming Wednesday. We have a reservation at California Grill on Wednesday at 6:10. I assumed we would just head over after that. What should I be doing to make the evening go more smoothly?

Resort check in should start at 5pm, at BCV it was delayed until 7pm but at other resorts it started on time. If you can check in at the hotel you'll save a few minutes once at the park, but for me it took just a couple of minutes to get the wristband at the park so don't be worried too much if you cannot check in earlier. Since you'll eat before the party, you won't have to queue at the restaurants for the free meal, that will save some time too.
Enjoy the party!

Hi - I've also been checking and checking for any cancellations throughout each of the days offered and haven't had any luck :( I also would ask if anyone is NOT going to use all of their bands, please PM me - even if it's just 1 extra (although 2 would be nice) for the last night coming up. Thank you :) !

Since we will be at the California Grill for dinner, would I be able to pick up wristbands and vouchers at the desk of BLT, even though we're staying at BWV?

Beer included in the voucher???

No, but the restaurant is open as usual, so it can be purchased.

Since we will be at the California Grill for dinner, would I be able to pick up wristbands and vouchers at the desk of BLT, even though we're staying at BWV?

I am not sure, but they were doing the check in using tablets connected to the Internet, so my guess is yes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter