Moonlight Magic MK 3/3/20

dgagnon519

DVC member AKL since 2009 and SSR since 2020
We did our first Magic Kingdom Moonlight Magic event. Check in was a little more hectic for this one than Animal Kingdom. They let you in at 6pm for the event that starts at 9pm. We got there around 6:30pm. This was going to be a little different for us because my husband and I took our 3 year old nephew who has never been to Disney.
At check in they gave us our meal vouchers, which were able to be used starting right at 6. When walking into the park, they had us go down the street to the right on the side of Tony's. They had a few character meets. We waited in line for Donald and Daisy in their knight and princess outfit. We waited about 30 minutes, but my nephew is now in love with Daisy due to a kiss he received at Tusker House earlier that morning.
We then headed to Tomorrowland and went on the Peoplemover, Buzz and Astro Orbitor between 7:15 and 8:15. We got to ride Astro Orbitor during the fireworks which was cool.
We then headed to Barnstormer and Dumbo and did each one twice in about 15 minutes.
We then went to Under the Sea with no wait.
We wanted to ride Haunted mansion, but the ride was down for the night. They gave my nephew a post card to come back and be an honorary something.
We wanted to take him on his first coaster, so we did BTMR and Splash Mountain. He was scared while on the ride, but when he got off said he loved it. The wait for Big Thunder was about 15 minutes and Splash Mountain had no wait.
We went to Pirate's next and waited about 5 minutes and then to magic carpets had no wait.
We use our coupon at Pinocchio's because we were headed to Fantasyland. It was very busy in the restaurant. We found seating, but the ordering process was hectic. We waited about 15 minutes for our food.
The food was not good, but I was not expecting it to be. It was not horrible and we were hungry.
He did well on the coaster, so we decided to go to 7DMT. We waited about 20 minutes. We then went over to Peter Pan and waited about 10 minutes. It was 11:40 now and were shocked he was still up and wanted to ride another ride, so we walked onto Winnie the Pooh. He still had one more ride left in him, so we did the tea cups. He wanted to keep going, but we still wanted to take a photopass photo in front of the castle, so we did that. We walked to the buses and it was waiting for us. We were the only one's on the bus.
I really love this event. We probably could have gotten more done, but with a 3 year old it was tough. We walked slower (no stroller) and bathroom breaks at inconvenient times, like right before we were about to get on a ride.

Great Review. Thank you for sharing all the details. I am looking forward to my first MM event on April 28th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter