Moonlight Magic Reservations-help!

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
I'll be trying to get Hollywood Studios MM reservations. What information do I need to have ready when I call in? TIA!

Registration will be online and you will need your membership number and probably your room reservation number.

I'll be trying to get Hollywood Studios MM reservations. What information do I need to have ready when I call in? TIA!
For the April event I received an email the day before with instructions. Most important part is the first window is those with hotel reservations only.

I was also wondering about strategy advice for the online checkin on Thursday. I am nervous! Does the system crash? Does it take hours to get thru, or does it "sell out" in minutes? I am new at this.

April was our first member event because we just joined dvc this year. So I can relate. My experience went swimmingly in April. But I know others had trouble. The main issue in April was apparently only people with dvc reservations got the email for sign up the night before and the day of. We had a dvc reservation so we were fine. But I noticed people with regular resort reservations didn’t receive the emails even though it stated anyone with a resort reservation has early access. Someone said it was an error on the system’s part. I saw the the threads on the DIS and people were on hold for hours.
My experience the morning of was nerve wracking because of the same questions you have right now. My original first 2 attempts of sign up didn’t process. I got to the final step and it couldn’t complete. So I went back and checked my info again and the third time was fine. I chalk that up to the amount of people on the site at that time. I encourage you to read the pre-sign up email thoroughly and be ready the morning of. This event will fill quick because of Toy Story Land. If you have a dvc reservation like we do hopefully that helps avoid the previous problem. We are going to the September event so it’s getting pretty exciting in the house. Keep an eye out for an email today. If I remember it came later in the afternoon last time. Have all your info handy the morning of and your phone ready to call if you experience trouble. I happened to be home last time so I signed up on our computer. This time it will be on my phone but I will have my wife ready as backup at home too. I hope we both make it out of this alive. The event at Animal Kingdom was awesome!

Ugh! I am beyond anxious about this. We are coming down just for this event. Flights are booked. Good luck to everyone tomorrow morning!

Anyone get email link yet ?

i
April was our first member event because I we just joined dvc this year. So I can relate. My experience went swimmingly in April. But I know others had trouble. The main issue in April was apparently only people with dvc reservations got the email for sign up the night before and the day of. We had a dvc reservation so we were fine. But I noticed people with regular resort reservationshile many didn’t receive the emails even though it stated anyone with a resort reservation has early access. Someone said it was an error on the system’s part. I saw the the threads on the DIS and people were on hold for hours.
My experience the morning of was nerve wracking because of the same questions you have right now. My original first 2 attempts of sign up didn’t process. I got to the final step and it couldn’t complete. So I went back and checked my info again and the third time was fine. I chalk that up to the amount of people on the site at that time. I ofencourage you to read the pre-sign up email thoroughly and be ready the morning of. This event will fill quick because of Toy Story Land. If you have a dvc reservation like we do hopefully that helps avoid the previous problem. We are going to the September event so it’s getting pretty exciting in the house. Keep an eye out for an email today. If I remember it came later in the afternoon last time. Have all your info handy the morning of and your phone ready to call if you experience trouble. I happened to be home last time so I signed up on our computer. This time it will be on my phone but I will have my wife ready as backup at home too. I hope we both make it out of this alive. The event at Animal Kingdom was awesome!

Interesting. For most recent go round re June sign up/epcot, there were reports opposite what u state. CRO res (self for just the one night) received links while DVC members didn’t.

FYI my email info from DVC came in at 7:49 am the same day of registration

Anyone get email link yet ?

i

Interesting. For most recent go round re June sign up/epcot, there were reports opposite what u state. CRO res (self for just the one night) received links while DVC members didn’t.

FYI my email info from DVC came in at 7:49 am the same day of registration
We didn’t go to that event so that’s why I mentioned our most recent experience. It doesn’t surprise me though. Sign up is an event much like like the event itself.

I was also wondering about strategy advice for the online checkin on Thursday. I am nervous! Does the system crash? Does it take hours to get thru, or does it "sell out" in minutes? I am new at this.

Yes, yes, and yes.

:earsboy: Bill

I have two reservations for 6 of us at Poly, does it matter which reservation number I use? Will I need to use both? Do two rsvps? (I do have them linked together) I emailed DVC, but haven't heard back yet and they're usually quicker to respond than this.

We are so excited to finally get a chance to take advantage of one of these perks, but I'm incredibly nervous that with my luck something will go wrong and we'll miss out.

ETA:
I think I just answered my own questions lol Originally we were 7, now we are 6 so I believe I can just do one reservation and put all 6 of us on it. That is what I will attempt I suppose. I do still have my 7th person on my reservation, he won't be travelling with us though. I have 4 booked in one room and 3 in the other. I'm not sure if the system will allow me to book 6 on one reservation or if I will be limited to 4 on one and 3 on the other.

Party Size Limits
A Member can register themselves and up to 5 additional guests (total of 6)—or up to the number of guests on his or her Resort reservation. Children younger than 3 years old do not need to be registered for this event.

Members With Multiple Resort Reservations
If Members have multiple Resort reservations, additional party size guidelines apply depending on how the reservation was booked:

When staying using Vacation Points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals on their Resort reservation(s).
When staying using cash or RCI® points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member.

When registering for this event, Members with multiple Resort reservations may need to attempt each reservation number until successful.​

Last edited:
I have two reservations for 6 of us at Poly, does it matter which reservation number I use? Will I need to use both? Do two rsvps? (I do have them linked together) I emailed DVC, but haven't heard back yet and they're usually quicker to respond than this.

We are so excited to finally get a chance to take advantage of one of these perks, but I'm incredibly nervous that with my luck something will go wrong and we'll miss out.

ETA:
I think I just answered my own questions lol Originally we were 7, now we are 6 so I believe I can just do one reservation and put all 6 of us on it. That is what I will attempt I suppose. I do still have my 7th person on my reservation, he won't be travelling with us though. I have 4 booked in one room and 3 in the other. I'm not sure if the system will allow me to book 6 on one reservation or if I will be limited to 4 on one and 3 on the other.

Party Size Limits
A Member can register themselves and up to 5 additional guests (total of 6)—or up to the number of guests on his or her Resort reservation. Children younger than 3 years old do not need to be registered for this event.

Members With Multiple Resort Reservations
If Members have multiple Resort reservations, additional party size guidelines apply depending on how the reservation was booked:

When staying using Vacation Points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals on their Resort reservation(s).
When staying using cash or RCI® points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member.

When registering for this event, Members with multiple Resort reservations may need to attempt each reservation number until successful.​
I was told previously the number of guests allowed is no more than six total. If I remember the system only gives the option as high as 6(5 guests plus yourself)

I was told previously the number of guests allowed is no more than six total. If I remember the system only gives the option as high as 6(5 guests plus yourself)

Or the number of guests on a reservation. So someone in a GV could book for everyone on the reservation. Booking for all people in two studios, if exceeding 6 could be tricky as they are two reservations and I don't think the system can recognize it, but with 6 you're good to go.

I've already cleared the 7 with them. They did tell me back then we didn't need to move to a larger unit, that having 2 reservations would be fine and all 7 of us would get in. The only info they didn't have at that time was how the booking would actually go. My son is now overseas so we're down to 6. We now fit the member+5 rule, but we are still split into 2 rooms so still have no idea how booking will go. It seems I should be able to take the Reservation I'm on and book all of us and just forget the other room. That would definitely be faster and easier. I was hoping someone has had some experience booking with 2 reservations.

I guess I start with mine and see if it limits me to 4 or allows me to book 6.

I've already cleared the 7 with them. They did tell me back then we didn't need to move to a larger unit, that having 2 reservations would be fine and all 7 of us would get in. The only info they didn't have at that time was how the booking would actually go. My son is now overseas so we're down to 6. We now fit the member+5 rule, but we are still split into 2 rooms so still have no idea how booking will go. It seems I should be able to take the Reservation I'm on and book all of us and just forget the other room. That would definitely be faster and easier. I was hoping someone has had some experience booking with 2 reservations.

I guess I start with mine and see if it limits me to 4 or allows me to book 6.
You will be able to book for the max of 6 using just 1 of the studio reservation numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter