Moonlight Magic Reservations-help!

Could not get in either. Tried on the original booking day and today. Disney IT really needs an upgrade and they need to change the way this event is booked. Even if I was able to get tickets, the process just sucks. Such a time sucker. Off to work to make money to give to Disney while not enjoying Disney Vacation Club Membership Extras. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more.

Did anyone get tickets today? I'm still getting spinning but think it's over. At least last month when it was full we got a message . This time nothing.

Same for me- could not get in on the first round, could not get in today (started a little before 9 AM). So, no luck for AP event (we were told by a CM we could register once we upgraded tickets to AP and then found out we could not because registration was full) and now this.

I just called to see if my form went through, and they said it sold out around 9:09-9:10, right when I entered my form, so we didn't get a reservation. Of course, they said to check back about cancellations, but I somehow doubt anyone would get those either :P

I just called to see if my form went through, and they said it sold out around 9:09-9:10, right when I entered my form, so we didn't get a reservation. Of course, they said to check back about cancellations, but I somehow doubt anyone would get those either :P
Thanks for letting us know it's sold out. You're more helpful than DVC!

When I first read that the event was a full I got a wave of frustration but it quickly dissipated. It sucks we didn't get tickets but we still have a trip coming and leave in 1 week and this won't ruin it nor will we be rushing to sell our points.

I think what has been the most calming for me is realizing that I don't think we ever had a chance. I was online at opening on the 30th, got through, and it didn't recognize our reservation. Today I was on precisely at 7amMT and never even got to the page. I had my computer and Ipad going because last time I ran into issues with my computer and the time zone difference. Ipad was the back up to get in the queue at 7am. What's funny is my Ipad page still has me in the queue and we are an hour after opening.

The double edge sword of an exclusive event is that it limits the number of people going so not everyone will get it in. The more they open it up the busy it gets and then its just another park day. High risk, high reward I suppose

C'est la vie.

Clearly, I have been out of the loop. I had NO IDEA this was such a hard ticket to get - harder than a FP + for Flight of Passage! I agree that if DVC is going to advertise this, they should make it more equitable, OR increase the availability.

When I first read that the event was a full I got a wave of frustration but it quickly dissipated. It sucks we didn't get tickets but we still have a trip coming and leave in 1 week and this won't ruin it nor will we be rushing to sell our points.

I think what has been the most calming for me is realizing that I don't think we ever had a chance. I was online at opening on the 30th, got through, and it didn't recognize our reservation. Today I was on precisely at 7amMT and never even got to the page. I had my computer and Ipad going because last time I ran into issues with my computer and the time zone difference. Ipad was the back up to get in the queue at 7am. What's funny is my Ipad page still has me in the queue and we are an hour after opening.

The double edge sword of an exclusive event is that it limits the number of people going so not everyone will get it in. The more they open it up the busy it gets and then its just another park day. High risk, high reward I suppose

C'est la vie.

I think you are right.

Their IT stinks for sure. That being said, I think the number one thing they could do to alleviate these booking problems is limit the parties to one per year per membership. There were/are far too many people bragging about how "lucky" they were to be able to attend multiple events.

Clearly, I have been out of the loop. I had NO IDEA this was such a hard ticket to get - harder than a FP + for Flight of Passage! I agree that if DVC is going to advertise this, they should make it more equitable, OR increase the availability.
Their IT stinks for sure. That being said, I think the number one thing they could do to alleviate these booking problems is limit the parties to one per year per membership. There were/are far too many people bragging about how "lucky" they were to be able to attend multiple events.
This assumes Disney has these events for the benefit of the members. MM is marketing that serves to differentiate the retail from resale market. Whether members actually are able to use/enjoy the benefit is secondary. There are a lot of member issues that Disney could fix if the interest of members were really at the core of choices they make. Unfortunately, if the economics don't support those fixes, they won't get done.

Wow, that went fast, sorry

Unless they add on more dates, don’t see how they’d be able to increase ‘availablity’ as the general idea is to have small # of guests.

The community here may be unsatisfied with how these member benefits are playing out but, we are a small subset.

As stated many times in the threads here, this is a marketing tool they use to sell direct points. Not sure how the salespeople respond if asked what is the likelihood of actually getting that golden ticket though.

Feel a bit guilty to have snagged slots to several events when so many have been shut out even though working thru the constraints DVC has put in place. Not for a minute do I think it’ll be a cakewalk going forward, mind you. The air of exclusivity is going to create even greater demand for future events.

This assumes Disney has these events for the benefit of the members. MM is marketing that serves to differentiate the retail from resale market. Whether members actually are able to use/enjoy the benefit is secondary. There are a lot of member issues that Disney could fix if the interest of members were really at the core of choices they make. Unfortunately, if the economics don't support those fixes, they won't get done.

But, isn't that defeating the purpose?

Marketing ploy (Moonlight Magic) = more members = more people competing for limited resources = more unhappy people

Don't get me wrong - I am still a huge Disney/DVC fan; I am still super excited to be going there in a couple of weeks, and yes, I will still have a fantastic time. It is just the let down from getting my hopes up for this, and then being super frustrated about the process, but really, this was just a small part of all that we will be doing there.

Personally I believe you should be able to register when you make your reservation. This can be done. This way you know if you are in or not.

I am on the Hawaii Cruise, tendering into Maui today. No chance of getting in today, it was three AM on ships internet!

Personally I believe you should be able to register when you make your reservation. This can be done. This way you know if you are in or not.

I am on the Hawaii Cruise, tendering into Maui today. No chance of getting in today, it was three AM on ships internet!

I like this idea.

But, isn't that defeating the purpose?

Marketing ploy (Moonlight Magic) = more members = more people competing for limited resources = more unhappy people
A disappointed member is still a member who's committed to paying ADs for the next 24-50 years. If you're disappointed enough to sell it, they won't have to deal with disappointment from the resale buyer who takes your place.
Don't get me wrong - I am still a huge Disney/DVC fan; I am still super excited to be going there in a couple of weeks, and yes, I will still have a fantastic time.
And this is why DVC will continue to sell. One, people buy in for the bigger picture. Two, as members we will get gradually let down over time and we will either lower our expectations, or sell out of the system. Either way, ADs for the next 24-50 years.

This is a total long shot, but my husband and I are new members and were told about this party. I logged in the morning the of the 13th at 8:40 to get tickets but didn’t manage to get any... if anyone has 2 extra tickets or has cancellations is it possible to let me know? I’ve been checking everyday all day for cancellations on the site with no luck :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter