Moonlight Magic - What food do they have?

At the Animal Kingdom Moonlight Magic event in December, the restaurants that were open had most items that were eligible for snack credits available with the vouchers. Each location had a posted list of what the vouchers could be used for, and the lists were also available on a website. My family had a dessert pastry, a mango slushy, and roasted nuts, to give you some idea of the range.

In the past couple of years, you got 3 snack credits and they make it pretty clear where you can and cannot use them in addition to unlimited mickey bars, ice cream sandwiches and strawberry bars. With the exception of typhoon Lagoon, there you get unlimited ice cream bars as above but also unlimted popcorn, grape and apple slice bags and soda.

Prior to covid, you got a counter service meal, other years counter service restaurants served unlimited burger, fries, hot dogs, etc.

Personally I prefer the 3 snack credits. EP and AKL they have a good mix of sweet and savory usually enough to make a meal. At HS, it's a lot of sweet stuff beyond popcorn and mickey pretzels.

I was pretty disappointed by the options at the ak event. All the savory options were fried and everything else was pretty unhealthy as well…

Is there any chance that the snack credits can be used at some of the Flower and Garden booths for the Epcot event on March 1?
In January 2023 at Epcot Moonlight Magic each guest received 3 snack vouchers and they were good for the Arts Festival food booths and a few other snack locations including popcorn. Ice cream novelties were also available without using a voucher.

Typhoon Lagoon events: stations to pick up popcorn, apple slices, mickey/fruit bars, bottles of water. Cups by soda dispensers for free soda.

WDW main parks: you are given snack vouchers to be redeemed at designated existing snack locations. Used for bottled drinks or snacks (roughly anything with a dining plan symbol). Stations for mickey/fruit bars.

(Past) DCA events: you are given (3?) vouchers valued at $10 each to be used at all eateries. Each voucher is good for one transaction and you don't get change back so it's use or lose. Bottled drinks are free at designated pickup stations. Additional stations for mickey/fruit bars.

Last edited:
Typhoon Lagoon events: stations to pick up popcorn, apple slices, mickey/fruit bars, bottles of water. Cups by soda dispensers for free soda.

WDW main parks: you are given snack vouchers to be redeemed at designated existing snack locations. Used for bottled drinks or snacks (roughly anything with a dining plan symbol). Stations for mickey/fruit bars.

(Past) DCA events: you are given (3?) vouchers valued at $10 each to be used at all eateries. Each voucher is good for one transaction and you don't get change back so it's use or lose. Bottled drinks are free at designated pickup stations. Additional stations for mickey/fruit bars.
Anyone know if at the DCA event if you can use a $10 voucher for say a $13 item do you just pay the difference of $3?

Anyone know if at the DCA event if you can use a $10 voucher for say a $13 item do you just pay the difference of $3?
IIRC, yes you can do that.

My recommendation, and this is for all Moonlight Magic events, is to use ALL your vouchers EARLY.

If you wait until the later hours of the event, everyone will be trying to redeem their vouchers and the lines get ridiculously long.

IIRC, yes you can do that.

My recommendation, and this is for all Moonlight Magic events, is to use ALL your vouchers EARLY.

If you wait until the later hours of the event, everyone will be trying to redeem their vouchers and the lines get ridiculously long.
It was enough for them to reiterate this point in the email. 😅 Now I just hope they didn’t take away Mickey bars so there’ll still be stuff to snack on later in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter