Moo'vers 2012 Edition! come on in!

Disney Magic cruise booked with my daughter for early March with a day at Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festuval beforehand and some relaxation at the Poly/fine dining afterward! Just a 3-day for her inaugural cruise.

Reactions: NAB
Merry Christmas !

Hope everyone is having a great one with family and friends.

Merry Christmas to your family as well, Nabbie! We had a low key dinner with my BIL and SIL today. Their two older kids had celebrations with their wife/fiancee's families this afternoon. I cooked a small turkey and we kept the pre-dinner snacks and side dishes to a minimum.

It was very relaxing!

Moo I almost missed that you are going on a cruise with your daughter. How fun. We have one booked over Christmas next year but are thinking of canceling it since our dollar really sucks right now . Hubby says he could go to Europe with that money , it is so expensive.

Saw that Marita is having a great Christmas , glad to hear that. Hope she has a better trip home then going with the airports.

We are suppose to get freezing rain tomorrow night, just terrible with all the weather going on down in Texas and other U.S states.

Moo I almost missed that you are going on a cruise with your daughter. How fun. We have one booked over Christmas next year but are thinking of canceling it since our dollar really sucks right now . Hubby says he could go to Europe with that money , it is so expensive.

Saw that Marita is having a great Christmas , glad to hear that. Hope she has a better trip home then going with the airports.

We are suppose to get freezing rain tomorrow night, just terrible with all the weather going on down in Texas and other U.S states.

Yeah, we're pretty excited about our girls' trip! If she likes cruising, I may book a placeholder for my 60th birthday in 2017... I would imagine that the prices are higher over the holidays. Wish we could cruise together again :) The cruise I booked was pricey enough because of the verandah and short notice. I sure hope my expedited passport renewal comes through quickly!!! We're going to stay at Saratoga Spfings 3 nights beforehand and do 2 park days, then we have a night booked afterward at the Poly for relaxation before heading home. I may also visit my cousin for a few days, but we haven't figured that out yet. She has family visiting for the holidays, so hopefully we can nail things down in early January so I can book my flights.

I was also happy to see that Marita is enjoying her time off.

Hope you are enjoying having Nicholas home! Don is heading south to visit the kids for a few days tomorrow and dog sit for them while they attend a friend's wedding over New Year's. He's leaving very early to get ahead of the storm. I'm REALLY looking forward to my time home alone. Just have my fingers crossed that we don't lose power!

That was wicked weather we had last night. Snow, freezing rain then rain on top makes for pretty heavy snow lifting today to shovel the sidewalks. We left the bottom where the plow pushed it in. It is so wet I think driving over a few times with the car might get rid of it....lol I won't complain because we have had it nice up until now.

Forgot to tell you I got my Christmas card last week Moo thanks so much.

Not doing anything for New Year's , hubby works Thursday and Friday night. Good pay so there is that. We didn't have plans anyway. Found out Nicholas girlfriend from Sudbury is coming down (5 hour drive) to be with him on New Year's eve and meet us . Did I mention hubby is working nights and will probably sleeping most of the time. Did I forget to mention that Nicholas is 18 and she is 24 ! I really can't say anything....they met though a friend he met in class. They all hung out together since Sept. Then in Nov. they became a thing. So this should be interesting.

Marita -- hope you check in soon so we know your safely home. And tell us about your trip.

Nabbie, we didn't get too much accumulation and it's melting a bit now. I'm so happy we didn't have a power outage. Don made it safely to NC last night. We did a video call while he opened our Christmas gifts from the kids so I wouldn't have to wait so long to know what they got me!

Glad you liked the card! I only did a handful this year. Maybe I'll do better next year

I wouldn't worry too much about the age difference between Nicholas and his girlfriend. My brother's wife is about that much younger than he is and they get along great. Hope you have a nice visit, even though Joe has to work! I'm planning to go to a Cotton Bowl/NYE party at my friends' house. Not much of a football fan, but I really miss seeing my work friends!

Disney Magic cruise booked with my daughter for early March with a day at Epcot for the Flower & Garden Festuval beforehand and some relaxation at the Poly/fine dining afterward! Just a 3-day for her inaugural cruise.
How did I miss this?? Awesome, sounds like a great trip! Maybe because it was posted while I was gone, LOL?

Back later with an update, I am soooooooooo tired...

Last edited:
Yup, posted while you were away, Marita! Expanded to two park days before the cruise now :) Mari wanted to go to MK as well.

I'm watching Sideways tonight, set in California wine country. They stay in Solvang! Kinda fun having the TV to myself for a change!!!

Too funny about Solvang, Moo. It's a pretty little place, but all restaurants, shops and hotels. Oh, and bakeries! and Wine tastings, lol. Tons of Asian tourists there too.
I had a lovely time with our son. We didnt do too much, mostly hung around the house and going out for meals. Also Solvang 1as day, Starwars another, a vistit to his base the third. On Christmas day I made old german recipes, Bratkartoffeln mit Spiegel eiern for breakfast and Cabbage rolls. Not a normal xmas dinner, lol, but it's what he wanted.
You already know about the disaster at the airport when we arrived. Flight home was fine, but when we landed they couldnt get the door open for 30 minutes!!!
Hopefully we can meet for lunch in March...

Sounds like a great, relaxing trip other than your travel issues, Marita. I'm sure your son appreciated your home cooking!

Best opportunity for lunch will probably be on our Poly day after the cruise on 3/6. Otherwise, we're planning to be at MK on 3/1 and Epcot on 3/2 (when the Flower & Garden Festival starts).

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEAR FRIENDS ! pixiedust:

Hoping this year brings you health and happiness.

Happy New Year from Moo!!!

Low key day for me today after ringing in the new year with some friends last night. I'm rewatching the Rose Parade on the Hallmark Channel. They sure are showing more stuff than ABC did!

Nabbie, did you see my post on FB that my work friend Debbie retired today? She was super happy!

Still hoping for an update from Marita!!!

Yes Moo I saw your post. Happy for Debbie. I'm guessing your still enjoying yours.....lol

I have a wicked cold. Thought I beat with taking Zinc and other Vitamins because I was feeling better after two days then bam...fever, sinuses blocked and a terrible cough. I stayed in bed most of the day and heading back soon. I'm trying not to give it to Hannah since her exams are in two weeks. I think Nicholas gave it to me before he left to go back to school.

Can't wait to see more of Marita's wedding pictures.

Our dollar is so bad right now. Won't be going anywhere for March break this year. Even thinking of cancelling our Christmas cruise we have sitting there. So who knows , might have to stay in Canada for a while. Which isn't that bad either.

off to bed....

I'm definitely still enjoying being retired! I'm very happy for Debbie and even more happy that she will no longer resent me for being retired when she was not!!! Couldn't say that on FB... but I can say it here!

I also have a cold, so I haven't done much for the past week. Still coughing a bit, but it's finally starting to go away.

Looking forward to my girls trip with Mari in early March and finally cruising again, even though it'll be a short one. My plan is to book a 60th birthday cruise for July 2017 while we're on board. Hopefully, they'll release those cruises around that time. They just changed tge smoking areas on the Magic so there is smoking on our side if the ship :( That really ticked me off, but I don't think there's much we can do about it. We're on deck 7 midship in a verandah room and smoking will now be allowed on deck 9 forward. I sure hope the smoke drifts up instead of down!!! But I don't know for sure... So now there are smoking areas on both sides of the ship. People that like to sit outside of the Cove Cafe are also unhappy.

One month until vacation! Bought some new hardshell luggage with spinner wheels today for easier rolling through the airport and resorts. :flower1: WOOT!!!

Moo excited for you . Wish that darn dollar would go up , were looking at going away for March break but not with that exchange rate.

I saw some hard shell luggage I liked but wasn't sure how much I could fit in it compared to the soft stuff since you can stretch it a little. You will have to let me know how you like it. The wheels are definitely a plus, just push instead of pull.

Wish you were able to get your Disney fix, Nabbie!

The ones I got are Samsonite and have the zipper that allows them to expand, but I'm afraid I'll miss the outside pockets. That being said, both sides have netting that zips to keep that side's clothing in place, so hopefully they'll work well. I may bring a super lightweight duffel to carry on my souvenir purchases in case the suitcase goes over the 50 lb weight limit.

I need to air the suitcases out a bit and start piling up my warm weather clothes. Getting excited!!!

Now only one short week until vacation!!! Still shopping for a few things, but I remembered to buy some sunscreen today and my new swimsuit was delivered. That was NOT a fun shopping experience!!! But at least I found a suit that is quite comfortable and fairly modest. And I found a cute coverup. Mari and I plan to soak up some sun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter