• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More than 2 kids and free dining?

DisneyMom5

DIS Veteran
Is the free dining for all of your party, or only one kid per adult?

My youngest 2 would not be on the plan, but we share with them anyway, but if I have to buy the plan for 2, it might negate any savings.

The dining plan is for everyone age three and over.

You get the free dining for everyone that is required to purchase a park pass.

DisneyMom5 said:
Is the free dining for all of your party, or only one kid per adult?

My youngest 2 would not be on the plan, but we share with them anyway, but if I have to buy the plan for 2, it might negate any savings.

I have 3 children, and all eat free :teeth:

I just called WDW and asked for you to make sure. I was told that free Dinning (you will get meal package for every child age 3 that you pay for) so since you don't have to pay for your 2 year the $168-then from what I understand you want get the meals for the 2 year free).
So if Madge who said she has 3 childern who are all eating free ?and if one or any of hers are under age 3 and not paying the $168? Then please let all of the others who have kids 2 and under know how you got them free meals for kids 2 and under? That would help alot of families because WDW is telling me that there is no way you got free meals for kids 2 and under? But then again maybe you know a special code and WDW didn't openly tell me?
So please explain more so we will understand?
Thanks and please don't take this question the wrong way I am not to suggesting that you are telling lies just want to understand?

Disney Fans said:
I just called WDW and asked for you to make sure. I was told that free Dinning (you will get meal package for every child age 3 that you pay for) so since you don't have to pay for your 2 year the $168-then from what I understand you want get the meals for the 2 year free).
So if Madge who said she has 3 childern who are all eating free ?and if one or any of hers are under age 3 and not paying the $168? Then please let all of the others who have kids 2 and under know how you got them free meals for kids 2 and under? That would help alot of families because WDW is telling me that there is no way you got free meals for kids 2 and under? But then again maybe you know a special code and WDW didn't openly tell me?
So please explain more so we will understand?
Thanks and please don't take this question the wrong way I am not to suggesting that you are telling lies just want to understand?

I'm confused about what you are asking....There are 5 of us in my family. My DH, DS (15), DS (10), and DD (3, turns 4 during the trip :teeth: ). We have a room booked at PO-R and each of us is included in the MYW plus Dining package.

When my DD was younger, we did not purchase a separate meal for her. A lot of the time we still don't because she (and my middle son) don't each much, especially at WDW. An example would be Pecos Bill's. For our family, I ordered a chicken wrap, double cheesebrger meal (with an extra bun), and 2 kids hot dog meals. It was plenty of food for the 5 of us...all my youngest wanted was carrots (from the kids meal) and some fries and cheese dip. The rest of us shared.

For buffets, we just fixed her a plate because there is no charge for children under 3. After she turned 3 last year, we were charged for her meal at the buffets, CRT, etc.

I hope this answers your question. All of my children are over 3.

Oh, to clarify, I meant if I had to purchase the plan for 2 of my 4 children who are over the age of 3. Not for my youngest 2. Sorry!

Actually, the free meals appeals to me even though my 1 and 2 year old are not included, because I know we will get so much food that they can share with us. And because they are already free on buffets, which I plan on doing for most of our sit down meals. Otherwise, yes, you would have to purchase non-buffet food separately for a 2 year old. :)

Children under the age of 3 eat free at Disney restaurants off the childrens menu. We told them she was 2 when we made our PS we did this in May.

poohbear7 said:
Children under the age of 3 eat free at Disney restaurants off the childrens menu. We told them she was 2 when we made our PS we did this in May.

Poohbear...

How does this work? We are traveling with friends who will have a 18 month old at the time we travel. Was this at any seat down restaurant? What did you tell/ask the waitstaff? I know that under 3 eat free at buffets, but had never heard about this at other sit down places. We would love to be able to inform our friends how to save a little. Thanks!!!

We just told the wait staff that she was 2 and we ordered off the childrens menu no charge. We also told Cro when we made dining reservations. This was at the character meals and at the sit down restaurants. Rose and Crown, Le Cellier,Beaches and Cream at the BC France French Cafe. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter