More Tornadoes...

SoonerKate

DIS Veteran
This time in Oklahoma City. Theyr'e not that big (F2-low F3), and (fortunately) they're cutting a fairly narrow path, but one tornado has hit I-35, I-240, a bunch of housing subdivisions and the GM Plant in Southeast OKC.

If you're at all familiar with the May 3, 1999 tornado that hit here, it's following almost the exact same path.

I know there are other Disers in the area, hope you guys are all okay.

I know. I've been watching the WC all evening. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the path of ALL these storms.:eek:

I just saw on our local news that the storm that spawned the tornado that hit the GM plant is still strong and heading directly for Tulsa. I hope that it weakens soon. My prayers to all of our neighbors to the north. What in the world is going on lately?

We have severe weather moving into our area again. It's just like putting salt on a wound. So many have lost so much - we certainly don't even need the worries that come with severe weather. I've lived almost all my life in the midwest, you'd think I'd be used to it by now.

It looks like one of the tornadoes that hit Oklahoma City was pretty bad.

I'm worried about DH. He's in Kansas City on business. I suspect that he's getting tired of me calling him. :)

Originally posted by SoonerKate
This time in Oklahoma City. Theyr'e not that big (F2-low F3), and (fortunately) they're cutting a fairly narrow path, but one tornado has hit I-35, I-240, a bunch of housing subdivisions and the GM Plant in Southeast OKC.

If you're at all familiar with the May 3, 1999 tornado that hit here, it's following almost the exact same path.

I know there are other Disers in the area, hope you guys are all okay.

We're okay. Strange thing, during the May 1999 tornado we lived at Sooner and 240 - it missed our house by 1.5 miles. We have since moved -- to Moore, today's tornado missed our house by 1.5 miles or so. I told my daughter who was very scared - we have some powerful Guardian Angels watching over us. Our next move- out of the state of Oklahoma (which unfortunately won't be for about 4 years or so). I hope the storms weaken before they do any more damage, especially to our neighbors in Kansas. Our prayers are with you.

Tori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter