Morimoto Asia for Lunch

Maiky

Earning My Ears
Is Morimoto Asia still one credit for lunch on the Dining Plan? I checked the menu on the Disney website and it is the same for lunch and dinner.

Thank you for your help.

Maikypr.

Lunch is 1 TS credit , while Dinner is 2 TS credits- we are excited to be doing this for lunch in Sept
Dining Plans Accepted at Morimoto Asia
When you book a Disney vacation, you may opt to purchase a Disney Resort Hotel Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. To learn more, call (407) 939-5277 or visit Disney Dining Plans.
Refer to your specific dining plan for the number of entitlements require per person for this location.

Dining Plan Type
2019 Entitlements Required

Late Night DiningLunchDinner
Disney Quick-Service Dining PlanN/AN/AN/A
Disney Dining PlanN/A12
Disney Deluxe Dining PlanN/A12

Are the servings large. The wife and I have the Deluxe Dining plan. I could use one credit and get an appetizer and then order the main and a dessert. Along with a drink.

She could order a main and a drink and we pay out of pocket for her only right?

Are the servings large. The wife and I have the Deluxe Dining plan. I could use one credit and get an appetizer and then order the main and a dessert. Along with a drink.

She could order a main and a drink and we pay out of pocket for her only right?
Since you are both on the deluxe dining plan you are each entitled to the same benefits so I’m not sure why you want to pay OOP for one meal but I bet there’s a strategy I’m missing. Short answer is yes you can do that.

As for your first question we always order as a sharing team when having lunch at Morimoto so all get a bit of everything. In that sense yes the dishes are generally big enough to share.

Since you are both on the deluxe dining plan you are each entitled to the same benefits so I’m not sure why you want to pay OOP for one meal but I bet there’s a strategy I’m missing. Short answer is yes you can do that.

As for your first question we always order as a sharing team when having lunch at Morimoto so all get a bit of everything. In that sense yes the dishes are generally big enough to share.
Right. The strategy is, we can use this somewhere else. We don’t need to eat a lot of food and could do this at Art Smith for the next one. Share an app, share a plate. Use 1 credit and pay out of pocket for a drink if they wish.

Right. The strategy is, we can use this somewhere else. We don’t need to eat a lot of food and could do this at Art Smith for the next one. Share an app, share a plate. Use 1 credit and pay out of pocket for a drink if they wish.
You are going to have a lot of credits left then, unless you do a signature everyday along with 2 other meals. If there are others traveling with you that you will gift the credit to, that is another story.

You are going to have a lot of credits left then, unless you do a signature everyday along with 2 other meals. If there are others traveling with you that you will gift the credit to, that is another story.
No. Just three credits to use. Per person for 1 day.

We are planning to MA for our last lunch before going home (SEPT 2020) with the price increases etc I am planning for this to be a 2 credit restaurant just in case. We were thinking Jaleo but I think this would be a better choice.

With Asian Cuisine I find it quite weird to not have it all at one go.. I am guessing that they will happily bring out the apps with the entrée (DXDP).

Also if it is 1 credit still at lunch can we use an additional credit to get an additional app and entrée (if we have them left over). There will be 2 of us and we want the duck so it would be beneficial to be able to use an additional credit to get ribs and noodles or something?

We are planning to MA for our last lunch before going home (SEPT 2020) with the price increases etc I am planning for this to be a 2 credit restaurant just in case. We were thinking Jaleo but I think this would be a better choice.

With Asian Cuisine I find it quite weird to not have it all at one go.. I am guessing that they will happily bring out the apps with the entrée (DXDP).

Also if it is 1 credit still at lunch can we use an additional credit to get an additional app and entrée (if we have them left over). There will be 2 of us and we want the duck so it would be beneficial to be able to use an additional credit to get ribs and noodles or something?
You are right; the servers will gladly serve all the courses at once IF the kitchen has the capacity at that time of day and the table is big enough. Otherwise, they will bring them out nice and hot, one by one:). As to the Peking duck, it's a shareable main course meaning it will cost 1 TS per person on the DxDP, leaving you w/ 2 appetizers and 2 desserts to go. I'd suggest ordering some dumplings, bao and/or a small bowl of soup for the appetizers; all worthy and you can see pictures of the serving sizes at allears.net. The ribs are only served as a main course at lunch time so using an extra credit to get them is a definite idea. Not sure what the noodles are considered, main, appetizer or side dish as I've never had them separately.

Enjoy the meal!

I am also considering Morimoto for lunch this upcoming September but on the "regular" DP. Are there any restrictions regarding what can be ordered from the menu? I know I will get an entree, a dessert and a beverage but I am not quite sure what I am "allowed" to order from the vast menu.. if this makes sense :o Thanks in advance!

I am also considering Morimoto for lunch this upcoming September but on the "regular" DP. Are there any restrictions regarding what can be ordered from the menu? I know I will get an entree, a dessert and a beverage but I am not quite sure what I am "allowed" to order from the vast menu.. if this makes sense :o Thanks in advance!
None that I know of but I wonder about the sushi tower.

We were just there a couple weeks ago. Lunch is a single credit, and it is certainly worth the visit, but the menu is restricted. About half of it is not available.

Sushi: Only things available are on the rolls sections. Nothing from sushi, sashimi or towers.

Lettuce wraps, Poke salad, Waugh, filet are all excluded.

Peking duck requires 2 credits.

That’s all I remember off the top of my head. I had the buri bop which was fantastic. And the weird tofu desert (Mochi) which was weird and different. I tried individual parts, but the sum is far better than the individual parts. I couldn’t tell you that I liked it. But I couldn’t tell you I didn’t. I can only tell you that I couldn’t stop eating it and finished the entire thing.

Interestingly on the list for restaurants on the WDW site for making reservations Morimoto has a circle with a line through it. Next to it is says no dining plans accepted. Does anyone know if this is now the case?
It changed with 2020? You have to pay out of pocket even if you have the deluxe dining plan?

Now Vincep has me thinking. I've been looking at a "1 credit" DDP lunch there for my trip, but wouldn't pay OOP for Morimoto given the prices. Time to do more research.

Now Vincep has me thinking. I've been looking at a "1 credit" DDP lunch there for my trip, but wouldn't pay OOP for Morimoto given the prices. Time to do more research.
Uh, yeah, dining plans not accepted (must be a 2020 change). Too bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!