Morimoto's Dinner for 4 review... 9/14/19

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
It's been a while since I posted any reviews, as a local its just been to hot and humid to head into the parks or Disney Springs... We did get out on Saturday night for the evening, and believe it or not it wasn't to bad, it was windy so that really helped...

Okay on with the review...
Party of 4, all adults....

Our ADR was for 8:30, We checked in at 8:15, and requested an upstairs table... so that we could relax and actually be able to talk to with each other... At 9:00 I went to the hostess stand, and she said they were just sitting the reservations for the 8:15 time slot... Wow... Then I guess the head hostess, said it will only be a few more minutes I just printed your ticket... then she instructed us to go up the stairs and wait... 10 minutes rolls by and DH went to find out what we should do... DH returned with her in tow... We were seated at a large round table which was really nice, the manager came by quickly and apologized for the delay, and offered us a 1/2 rack of ribs... which we were more that delighted to accept... all was forgiven... Our server was on point all night, Yuan was just wonderful... the ribs came out right away, really so good... they are our absolute just amazing...I will say they did have a bit more heat than last time, but not to much so that you could not enjoy them... how they keep them crispy yet so moist and just fall off the bone is a mystery... all of us enjoyed them... followed by a California roll ( 6 pcs - 13.00)...which we did convince my SIL to try, and she really like it... still could not convince my DBIL to try... picky picky.... DH and I both later thought that the last time we ordered this it was 8 pieces.. very tasty, you could really taste the blue crab... another solid choice for 3 of us ... then along came the dumplings (2 orders 4 in each basket 11.00 total 22.00).... Both my DBIL and SIL... had that look " I'm not trying that... , I was like Ohhh!! for goodness sake stop being such big babies and just try them... Which to my shock they both did and both of them were like these are so good... so all four of us were very happy... My DH and DBIL both got the Gomoku Fried Rice (18.00 each) this is a shareable entree 2 to 3 people easily - which has chicken, pork, shrimp, and duck with spicy sauce... It was really hot, DH has ordered this before, and did not remember it being so hot... lots of water and a couple of Kirin beers to wash it all down, they were both sweating... and red in the face... I tasted just a tiny bite and it was really hot... my SIL ordered the Pepper steak (34.00)... which she seemed to enjoy it, and said it was quite tasty and it was quite a nice size portion... I think that 2 people could share easily... For me I went with the Seafood Crispy Shanghai Noodles... (30.00) jumbo shrimp, scallops, calamari, and veggies in a oyster sauce... The shrimp were actually jumbo shrimp, and were very plentiful, along with the scallops, and calamari... the veggie line up , tiny baby bok choy, whole baby green beans, carrots, and snow peas... the noodles were fried, and once you mixed everything together it was really over the top... I loved it... This was a large portion as well, so much so that my DH and BIL had to finish it for me... They could not believe that there was so much seafood.. I only think was I would have liked a bit more oyster sauce, that's just a preference of mine, and in no way took away from the entree... This is something that I would order again and again... We did not order dessert, as we were all of full there just was no room... It was well after 11:00 when we paid the bill and head out... upstairs had some empty tables, the downstairs was full, and I am pretty sure they were still seating people and the bar was full... We said our good byes, and they headed to the garage.. On that note my BIL doesn't drink adult beverages, so him driving was safe... DH and I head for the Uber drop off and pick up, on the way we happened to pass by Goofy;s candy shop, which of course we got a few things to take home, there something about those Mickey chocolate peanut-butter cups that just draws you in...

Wonderful night, and we will return again..

Last edited:
Thanks for the great review! I have wanted to go to Morimoto for a long time but we haven't gotten there yet. Hopefully we will get there on our next trip. The Seafood Crispy Shanghai Noodles sounds great!

Thanks for the great review! I have wanted to go to Morimoto for a long time but we haven't gotten there yet. Hopefully we will get there on our next trip. The Seafood Crispy Shanghai Noodles sounds great!

It is really a fun evening, and the decor is just beautiful... Seafood Crispy Shanghai Noodles are so good, DH comments just last night that he will order that the next time... copy cat ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!