"Most" ABDs cancelled through end of October

I think ABD should run the trips "with not enough people". I think it would be good PR and those people get back from a trip and rave how safe they felt etc. They have to pull the trigger at some point and get trips going. Cancelling for safety is one thing but lack of interest is another....Run some groups that have interest - if safe to do so- and that will be a positive thing in the long run!

I think ABD should run the trips "with not enough people". I think it would be good PR and those people get back from a trip and rave how safe they felt etc. They have to pull the trigger at some point and get trips going. Cancelling for safety is one thing but lack of interest is another....Run some groups that have interest - if safe to do so- and that will be a positive thing in the long run!

I %100 agree with you. People still seem extremely wary of travel and it would be a great way to get the ball rolling.

(We are getting close to November with no DLR opening announced so I sort of get it)

Do you think that's the full reason they are canceled? Disneyland isn't open yet and I doubt they'd want to take people from a tour into workplaces like Imagineering at this time. It's probably more PR-friendly to say they are canceled due to not enough people than to admit their own experiences aren't available.

[Edited to fix a typo]

Last edited:
Do you think that's the full reason they care canceled? Disneyland isn't open yet and I doubt they'd want to take people from a tour into workplaces like Imagineering at this time. It's probably more PR-friendly to say they are canceled due to not enough people than to admit their own experiences aren't available.
I doubt that. They've canceled tons of trips this year due to experiences not being available/places closed or not allowing people from the US/not safe, and have totally admitted it. They've been waiting on those cancellations until the last minute. I don't see why they would see cancelling due to not enough people signed up as not-PR-friendly. They've cancelled trips for that reason for years.

Sayhello

Do you think that's the full reason they care canceled? Disneyland isn't open yet and I doubt they'd want to take people from a tour into workplaces like Imagineering at this time. It's probably more PR-friendly to say they are canceled due to not enough people than to admit their own experiences aren't available.
I agree that it is a really odd reason to give as to why to cancel it. Unfortunately, in my opinion there is no way a Nov 3 ABD would be able to happen - California is still too locked down. We are all hoping that maybe Disneyland will be able to open sometime in October, but that is not a given so a tour like the ABD would be a huge stretch. I am in Northern California and we cannot open offices for non-essential businesses - I don't know for sure that LA county is the same, but even if the studios are open, they are not going to be open for tours. So hard to still have so much under lock-down - we are just starting to see some releases where indoor dining and shopping can happen under reduced capacity.

I agree that it is a really odd reason to give as to why to cancel it. Unfortunately, in my opinion there is no way a Nov 3 ABD would be able to happen - California is still too locked down. We are all hoping that maybe Disneyland will be able to open sometime in October, but that is not a given so a tour like the ABD would be a huge stretch. I am in Northern California and we cannot open offices for non-essential businesses - I don't know for sure that LA county is the same, but even if the studios are open, they are not going to be open for tours. So hard to still have so much under lock-down - we are just starting to see some releases where indoor dining and shopping can happen under reduced capacity.

I appreciate your perspective! I live in PA and have a November 8th trip. The news coming out of California is very confusing.

In your opinion is there really any chance of Land opening prior to the end of the year? It sounds like California is opening very slowly.

I appreciate your perspective! I live in PA and have a November 8th trip. The news coming out of California is very confusing.

In your opinion is there really any chance of Land opening prior to the end of the year? It sounds like California is opening very slowly.
We have a few other California DISers on here so they may chime in with different opinions than mine.... California, particularly the urban areas of SF Bay Area and Southern California are opening really slowly. The county where I live does not allow any indoor dining yet and we are all pretty skeptical about schools going back. Businesses that are in offices are almost all shut-down too with remote work happening except for when you have to dash into the office for a day here or there to get things done. We are starting to very slowly see some movement - museums and zoos are starting to open with limited capacity.

Now as far as whether Disneyland opens before the end of the year, I have hope that there is a way to do that. In fact I just picked up three more nights at the Grand Calif for Halloween week using my about to be worthless Aulani points. We went to dowtown disney for dinner and shopping one evening three weeks ago and I was very impressed with the protocols Disney had in place and the fact that guests were following guidelines. Pressure is building for more things to open so I really hope we get some guidance. However, it will be really odd to think that DL can be open but schools aren't (they are in some parts of CA but not my county) and the fact that we can't open our small office that has plenty of room for everyone. I really do hope that DL gets some guidance in the next week or so. Yesterday was a big kick-off of PR pressure for re-opening by DL to the Governor.

Even if DL opens before the end of the year, I think it would be very challenging to run the BSM tour. I really don't see them opening up Studios or Imagineering to guests any time soon. Also, it would be really hard to socially distance on some of the back stage parts of the tours. Maybe I am wrong and they will be able to just break it into smaller sub-groups with more adventure guides.

I personally am ready to travel when cautions are in place and I feel that I can make smart choices and I love ABD tours and I will be at DL Halloween week if it is open. I just have a hard time seeing how one can happen in November unfortunately. It is so soon. It is an amazing trip and if it doesn't happen this year, I hope you can reschedule for next year.

We have a few other California DISers on here so they may chime in with different opinions than mine.... California, particularly the urban areas of SF Bay Area and Southern California are opening really slowly. The county where I live does not allow any indoor dining yet and we are all pretty skeptical about schools going back. Businesses that are in offices are almost all shut-down too with remote work happening except for when you have to dash into the office for a day here or there to get things done. We are starting to very slowly see some movement - museums and zoos are starting to open with limited capacity.

Now as far as whether Disneyland opens before the end of the year, I have hope that there is a way to do that. In fact I just picked up three more nights at the Grand Calif for Halloween week using my about to be worthless Aulani points. We went to dowtown disney for dinner and shopping one evening three weeks ago and I was very impressed with the protocols Disney had in place and the fact that guests were following guidelines. Pressure is building for more things to open so I really hope we get some guidance. However, it will be really odd to think that DL can be open but schools aren't (they are in some parts of CA but not my county) and the fact that we can't open our small office that has plenty of room for everyone. I really do hope that DL gets some guidance in the next week or so. Yesterday was a big kick-off of PR pressure for re-opening by DL to the Governor.

Even if DL opens before the end of the year, I think it would be very challenging to run the BSM tour. I really don't see them opening up Studios or Imagineering to guests any time soon. Also, it would be really hard to socially distance on some of the back stage parts of the tours. Maybe I am wrong and they will be able to just break it into smaller sub-groups with more adventure guides.

I personally am ready to travel when cautions are in place and I feel that I can make smart choices and I love ABD tours and I will be at DL Halloween week if it is open. I just have a hard time seeing how one can happen in November unfortunately. It is so soon. It is an amazing trip and if it doesn't happen this year, I hope you can reschedule for next year.

thank you very much, I appreciate your perspective!!

The governor has not yet provided the promised required guidelines that all theme parks will need to follow in order for DLR to open. He keeps Promising them “soon” but no ETA yet. Every Friday his press conference on the virus is anxiously watched to see if guidelines are finally released.

Disney is starting to push back a bit more publicly the past couple of weeks in asking when we will see the guidelines, after Orange County (where DLR is located) had their numbers improve enough to drop tiers (the ranking system the governor is using as benchmarks towards when different things can open again). Disneyland President Potrock has had a couple of recent social media posts asking when and saying they are ready. And Disney had a big press conference Tuesday afternoon to talk how well and what other parks are doing, and again reiterate that Disneyland is ready. Both Disney and city of Anaheim are also talking about the increasing negative economic impact the longer it stays closed.

I believe (And hope) it will reopen before the end of the year, unless our numbers go way wacko out of control again as happened after Memorial Day and 4th of July. I think the governor is playing it cautiously with wanting to be sure the improvements hold and people don’t get careless & cause them to go up again. But when is still anyone’s guess.

December Peru trip was just cancelled today. They told me it was because of insufficient numbers but with travel warnings still in place it was just a matter of time regardless. Glad to be fully refunded. Maybe my March Disneyland short escape will still happen.

December Peru trip was just cancelled today. They told me it was because of insufficient numbers but with travel warnings still in place it was just a matter of time regardless. Glad to be fully refunded. Maybe my March Disneyland short escape will still happen.

Sorry to hear about your trip..! Fingers crossed for next year.

I see a post on the AbD site dated October 15 that all adventures thru November have been cancelled, along with river cruise thru December.

Interesting that their temporary cancellation policy with fully refundable deposits up to final payment date still shows applicable to adventures booked through Sunday October 19; that eligible booking date does not yet appear to be extended.

I see a post on the AbD site dated October 15 that all adventures thru November have been cancelled, along with river cruise thru December.

Interesting that their temporary cancellation policy with fully refundable deposits up to final payment date still shows applicable to adventures booked through Sunday October 19; that eligible booking date does not yet appear to be extended.

I think last time they extended it they waited until the 11th hour? Maybe they will extend it tomorrow...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!