Most Popular Aulani Studio View - Island or Standard?

If you want a real ocean view, the only one at Aulani is the OV GV, all the rest are a partial OV.

We’re planning a trip for 2019 and are definitely looking to book an OV 1 bedroom. This might be the most ridiculous question, but are you able to hear the ocean from the room with the doors open?? Everything looks huge and far in the pictures I’ve seen.

My in-laws own a condo on Maui that is so close to the ocean that my kids were terrified the first night even though they were in the far bedroom. They were expecting a Tsunami at any minute.:rotfl2: Granted there are drawbacks to being that close as they’re now dealing with a sink hole....

Anyhow, I’m just trying to decide how many nights to stay at Aulani based on that aspect since we have other options but really want to experience Aulani as well!
No, you don’t hear the ocean because 1) its kind of far and 2) there aren’t any waves. Ko’Olina is a serious of man made, protected lagoons. But the resort at night is just lovely. Dreamy. Depending when you go the pools will close at 8 or 10 I believe. You definitely will hear the pool noise. In Winter months, I prefer IG view becuase it gets the sun so it warms it up. In summer, you def would want interior (pool or OV) Ewa Tower. IG is more private also. Pool is by far the noisiest and least private. We ended up on the 3rd floor which is the lobby level for pool which was easy but we wont do pool again, ever. If you are a balcony dweller any view other than standard is perfect.

Our stays have always been 9-10 nights. We rent a car which is worth it, free parking. Kapolei has a lot more eateries now and we go into Waikiki and N. Shore easily. We dont see any reason to stay elsewhere during our trip. Waikiki for a couple nights would be our only consideration because we just adore the nights there.

Good news is that there’s no wrong answer!

No, you don’t hear the ocean because 1) its kind of far and 2) there aren’t any waves. Ko’Olina is a serious of man made, protected lagoons. But the resort at night is just lovely. Dreamy. Depending when you go the pools will close at 8 or 10 I believe. You definitely will hear the pool noise. In Winter months, I prefer IG view becuase it gets the sun so it warms it up. In summer, you def would want interior (pool or OV) Ewa Tower. IG is more private also. Pool is by far the noisiest and least private. We ended up on the 3rd floor which is the lobby level for pool which was easy but we wont do pool again, ever. If you are a balcony dweller any view other than standard is perfect.

Our stays have always been 9-10 nights. We rent a car which is worth it, free parking. Kapolei has a lot more eateries now and we go into Waikiki and N. Shore easily. We dont see any reason to stay elsewhere during our trip. Waikiki for a couple nights would be our only consideration because we just adore the nights there.

Good news is that there’s no wrong answer!

@CaliAdventurer, Thank you very much for this super helpful info! We’ll most likely go in summer, so we’ll go for OV and request the Ewa Tower. I’m a bit bummed about no waves, but my kids are already so excited. My oldest has already been researching the teen spa. :cloud9: Thank you again-I so appreciate it!

We’re planning a trip for 2019 and are definitely looking to book an OV 1 bedroom. This might be the most ridiculous question, but are you able to hear the ocean from the room with the doors open?? Everything looks huge and far in the pictures I’ve seen.

My in-laws own a condo on Maui that is so close to the ocean that my kids were terrified the first night even though they were in the far bedroom. They were expecting a Tsunami at any minute.:rotfl2: Granted there are drawbacks to being that close as they’re now dealing with a sink hole....

Anyhow, I’m just trying to decide how many nights to stay at Aulani based on that aspect since we have other options but really want to experience Aulani as well!

You can't really hear the ocean at Aulani even at 3:00 am when no noise is going on around the resort. I think it is because the lagoon is the closest water to the resort and the actual ocean waves break out to the sides of the Aulani property. When we cruise we often get a balcony room just for the ocean sounds at night, although some cruise lines really try hard to make it impossible to keep the balcony door open. You will find other sounds in the evening are quite enjoyable as there is live Hawaiian music in the lounges.

This might be the most ridiculous question, but are you able to hear the ocean from the room with the doors open?? Everything looks huge and far in the pictures I’ve seen.

Agree with the other posters that you won't hear the ocean because of the man-made lagoon, in all probability. Although, one of our stays there in winter, the waves were INSANE and we could hear it when we stepped out onto the lanai. I have never seen waves on that side of the island like that before or since. The lagoon of course stayed very calm.

I was very unhappy with my OV. The room was over looking the lawn and if you tried hard you could see the ocean. Not worth the extra points. Next time I am going for pool view.

We had Island Garden view, and we had full view of the ocean, so my recommendation is to go with IG view, and then research on the views thread to see which rooms to request. We had 1275, btw, and our pix are on the view thread. Enjoy! We are going back in May and can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter