Update April 6th: Most ABD tours cancelled through April 30th, 2021 & cruise packages and escapes through Aug 10th.

AquaDame

DCL
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Adventures by Disney has been closely monitoring the latest information regarding Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and is in regular contact with local, state, national and international health agencies for information and guidance.
With the well-being of our Guests and team members as our top priority and in line with direction from health experts and government officials, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend most departures through Wednesday, November 30, 2020. Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options.
Adventures by Disney and AmaWaterways River Cruise Update
In our continuing effort to ensure the well-being of our Guests and team members, Adventures by Disney along with AmaWaterways, our partner in river cruise sailings, have decided to suspend all Rhine, Rhône, Seine and Danube river cruise sailings and their associated Escape trips to Amsterdam, Budapest and Paris through November 30, 2020.

More info on the website: https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/travel-advisory/

So, what has gone on regarding deposits ?
I could not get flights, Oktoberfest itself was cancelled, and I was forced to cancel next weeks departure before my PIF date. But my funds are being held captive, even though ABD has cancelled that trip, and has no product to offer me. Is that the only scenario ? Or are they finally revisiting their policies ? I haven't seen any updates or discussions on the DIS - been very quiet all around here.

So, what has gone on regarding deposits ?
I could not get flights, Oktoberfest itself was cancelled, and I was forced to cancel next weeks departure before my PIF date. But my funds are being held captive, even though ABD has cancelled that trip, and has no product to offer me. Is that the only scenario ? Or are they finally revisiting their policies ? I haven't seen any updates or discussions on the DIS - been very quiet all around here.
Unfortunately, if you have already cancelled your trip, it is highly unlikely that any ABD change in policy will apply to you (except maybe as to how long you have to re-schedule your "captive" deposit). I would not expect that you will ever get a refund unless ABD were to stop operation or something of that nature.

Sayhello

Unfortunately, if you have already cancelled your trip, it is highly unlikely that any ABD change in policy will apply to you (except maybe as to how long you have to re-schedule your "captive" deposit). I would not expect that you will ever get a refund unless ABD were to stop operation or something of that nature.

Sayhello

I fell into that category where they were not going to give me a refund for the England and France trip that was canceled in March because I canceled it before and took a full credit. I wanted to refund after they canceled officially but they originally said no to both me and my agent. So I took matters into my own hands and made several phone calls to the supervisor and it finally worked out. Not saying that always works but it’s worth trying.

I fell into that category where they were not going to give me a refund for the England and France trip that was canceled in March because I canceled it before and took a full credit. I wanted to refund after they canceled officially but they originally said no to both me and my agent. So I took matters into my own hands and made several phone calls to the supervisor and it finally worked out. Not saying that always works but it’s worth trying.
That's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know!

Sayhello

I'm surprised they were willing to talk to you at all. Every time I call ABD, they don't want to speak to me at all since I'm not Kevin.

I'm surprised they were willing to talk to you at all. Every time I call ABD, they don't want to speak to me at all since I'm not Kevin.

That’s surprising that a Disney affiliated company will not let you speak with them. Disney is really good about listening to you if you ever need to escalate something to the manager level and with my experience they’re pretty good at giving you what you want if it’s within reason.

My Nov 8th BSM was canceled due to low attendance. I plan on rescheduling today.

I am sorry that it is cancelled but happy that you will be rescheduling. It is just a great Adventure. Please stick around here and ask for tips and tell us about your planning.

I don't really understand why they are saying it is "due to low attendance" when there really isn't any logistical way for a trip like that to happen in California at this time or the foreseeable future.

As someone mentioned in the October thread they updated the announcement to include all tours:

October 15, 2020

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Our team at Adventures by Disney remains committed to promoting health and safety for our Guests and Team Members, and we continue to refine protocols for our eventual return to service.
As we work on a path to resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Wednesday, November 30, 2020. Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options.
In our continuing effort to ensure the well-being of our Guests and team members, Adventures by Disney along with AmaWaterways, our partner in river cruise sailings, have decided to suspend all Rhine, Rhône, Seine and Danube river cruise sailings and their associated Escape trips to Amsterdam, Budapest and Paris through December 31, 2020.
Currently, we plan to move forward with any trip not listed above. However, we will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify Guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney are able to work directly with Adventures by Disney to change and/or cancel their air travel arrangements. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.

https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/travel-advisory/

I am not loving the language on their announcement on their page... its like they added a blurb to the top and then didn't edit anything else. Everything being cancelled through the end of January supersedes the rest, does it not?

From their site:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The health and safety of our Guests and Team Members remains a top priority for our team at Adventures by Disney as we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service.
As we work towards resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Sunday, January 31, 2021. Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options.
In our continuing effort to ensure the well-being of our Guests and Team Members, Adventures by Disney along with AmaWaterways, our partner in river cruise sailings, have decided to suspend all Rhine, Rhône, Seine and Danube river cruise sailings and their associated Escape trips to Amsterdam, Budapest and Paris through December 31, 2020.
Currently, we plan to move forward with any trip not listed above. However, we will continue to make adjustments as necessary and will notify Guests immediately should there be changes to their itinerary.
Guests who have air travel booked through Adventures by Disney are able to work directly with Adventures by Disney to change and/or cancel their air travel arrangements. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.

I am not loving the language on their announcement on their page... its like they added a blurb to the top and then didn't edit anything else. Everything being cancelled through the end of January supersedes the rest, does it not?

From their site:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The health and safety of our Guests and Team Members remains a top priority for our team at Adventures by Disney as we continue to refine our protocols for our eventual return to service.
As we work towards resuming operations, Adventures by Disney has made the decision to suspend all departures through Sunday, January 31, 2021. Adventures by Disney will contact all impacted Guests or their Travel Agents with updated information and options.
In our continuing effort to ensure the well-being of our Guests and Team Members, Adventures by Disney along with AmaWaterways, our partner in river cruise sailings, have decided to suspend all Rhine, Rhône, Seine and Danube river cruise sailings and their associated Escape trips to Amsterdam, Budapest and Paris through December 31, 2020.

Subtle but interesting change. And yes, January 31, 2021 is 2 months later than the last update. But it sounds like any River Cruises in January (are there any?) are not canceled yet.

Sayhello

Subtle but interesting change. And yes, January 31, 2021 is 2 months later than the last update. But it sounds like any River Cruises in January (are there any?) are not canceled yet.

Sayhello

Even though they say ALL departures..? Its very confusing. I know AMA had cancelled their cruises through December except for chartered sailings on the Rhine:

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cr...pends-remaining-2020-river-cruise-season.html
But that doesn't say anything about January (or ABD specific ones of course).

From their site:

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Isn’t this a bit more notice on the cancellations than before? I think they have been canceling about 45-60 days in advance -ie the August departures were not cancelled until late June. Maybe with the holidays and virus trends they decided to make the decision earlier than in the past, which is nice for those who were booked.

Isn’t this a bit more notice on the cancellations than before? I think they have been canceling about 45-60 days in advance -ie the August departures were not cancelled until late June. Maybe with the holidays and virus trends they decided to make the decision earlier than in the past, which is nice for those who were booked.

I think so... there even would be some dates (maybe a week of them) that wouldn't have had to PIF by now for their trip. I admit the pessimist in me wonders if they called January early to focus on February and beyond which they feel is likely to be a forced go.

I honestly don't see how its in their best interest to force those of us who can't travel safely during this - we are the worst people to be their guinea pigs. You'd think they would want a resumption of their tours to be heralded with excitement and positive reviews.... I'm still holding out hope that their guests will be able to opt out of their tours as those who booked a few weeks later are able to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!