Motel 6 Maingate Availability for 2020

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
As many of you know I stay at Motel 6 Maingate every June. When I was there this year, I head a guy at reception tell another guest that the hotel would be having renovations after Christmas which should be finished by March 2020. I should have gone back and asked but my SuperShuttle had just turned up so I didnt get a chance.

I have just checked Motel 6 Maingate for availability and there is nothing available from 1 January right the way through to July. This makes sense if they are doing renovations, as they wont open bookings until they know the timescale of the renovations.

As a result I have booked Kings Inn Anaheim, which is around the same price range. Booking this far ahead means that I have a back up just in case Motel 6 Maingate renovations are not finished by June 2020.

Im not comfortable waiting it out for Motel 6 without a backup, as by April or May 2020 rates will have gone up in alternative places.

At least this way, I can cancel Kings Inn if availability opens at Motel 6 Maingate

Hey, thanks for the head's up! Since we get in the area in the late afternoon we normally spend the night there before moving to the Grand early the next morning! Why pay onsite prices when all you're doing the first night is sleeping off the drive, right?

I didn't realize the King's Inn was about the same price point. We'll keep that one in mind in the future.

Hey, thanks for the head's up! Since we get in the area in the late afternoon we normally spend the night there before moving to the Grand early the next morning! Why pay onsite prices when all you're doing the first night is sleeping off the drive, right?

I didn't realize the King's Inn was about the same price point. We'll keep that one in mind in the future.

You are welcome, I checked all the places from Howard Johnsons down Harbour Boulevard, and then along W Katella to the back of Motel 6. Kings Inn is the only one close to Motel 6 price point and exactly, I do rope drop to close in June so I literally only need somewhere to store my luggage, shower and sleep.

We enjoyed Kings Inn when it was Super 8. For the "ouch" factor, our first trip was $44/night. I wish I could get that deal again! Hahaha!

At any rate, it was being renovated in 2012-2013; I have no idea if they renovated again with the name change. At any rate, the walk was easy, the beds were comfy, the rooms were clean, the breakfast was basic, and we felt like it was a good value. At the current rate (we're military, so $83/night), we'd be totally willing to go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!