Mother-Daughter Memories Aboard the Dream (3/13-17/17) *New* 6/24

OBC= On board credit. If you book while on a cruise they give you a credit on your room for the next cruise. I think it is $100-200

E is for Enchanted Garden
R is for Royal Place
A is for Animators

this is on the Dream and Fantasy.

Wonder and Magic have different names.

Enjoying your trip report. Can't wait for the next update.

Hi Everyone!! Sorry for the delay!! I'm trying to wrap up the end of the school year and I've been having some medical issues since early April so I've been in and out of appts trying to find a solution! I hope I still have viewers!!!!

It's a true sit down meal and we found it very relaxing. Glad the rest of the boarding period went well though.

Thank you!!

Hey there. I haven't posted on here a lot lately with addition of facebook, but heard you were doing a TR, so had to come and check it out!!

Love the look of the new rooms at CSR. All extra space in bathroom looks nice. Love the 2 sinks.

Sounds like you timed your arrival perfectly at the port

Never cruised before, so trying to figure out a few things.

What is OBC? I am guessing GS is guest services. What do you mean by folder number?

Oh and your dining rotation, ERRA or something like that. What do the letters stand for?

Cute manicure!!

Those kids club look like so much fun

Can't wait to read more

:teacher:

Thank you! Unlike at WDW, they print all of your pics and put them in a folders. You are assigned a folder number and character to locate your pics. You can now see them on a computer screen too! Someone already answered the dining rotation info :)

Hi I'm here! Love your trip so far! I'm sorry you weren't feeling well pre-trip, it didnt' sound like your meals in the beginning were that great, but DAMN that CSR room looks amazing! It looks like a deluxe room, just without the fancier body stuff. But I'm so glad you posted this as CSR may be on our radar for another trip!

I love embarkation day, it's probably one of my favorite days, it's just so much excitement as you enter the port, and get on the boat. Yay! That is a really cute pic of you and your mom with Captain Mickey!
Cabanas sounds crazy...as usual. Probably best to do EG on embarkation day. The kids clubs look amazing on the Dream. I love going to open house. Looking forward to more!

They were very nice! The new 7A section of rooms that they opened now have the cruise/GF H2O products which I wish we had had including: shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and shower gel.

OBC= On board credit. If you book while on a cruise they give you a credit on your room for the next cruise. I think it is $100-200

R is for Royal Place
A is for Animators

Thanks for your help since I was delayed!!

Room Tour
(March 13, 2017)

After our ship tour, it was close to 1:30pm so we decided to use the FWD elevators to wait until the rooms were ready. When we got up there, there were a few other families waiting too. The rooms just off the elevator were already decorated so those lucky guests were doing a B2B cruise!

Right at 1:30pm, the ropes came down and off we went! It was so nice having the
same room as last time. We knew the deck and where to go...most of the time!

Room surprises!!!!

Some other guests had booked the same room type as us and were curious what the views were like and the obstruction. As you can see...it's not much and it's a fraction of the cost!

After we toured the room and relaxed on the verandah for a few...I decided to decorate our door so we could begin receiving our Fish Extender (FE) gifts!!!

As we had gotten our carry-on bags settled, we met our room host, Santano. He was very nice and accommodating. I asked for ice nightly which was delivered and extra shower product daily which was delivered as well. He no sooner left and our bags began to showing up. We were concerned about mom's broken bag showing up! He wheeled out our two small bags which was great bc it contained my FE gifts that I needed to get organized..even more than I had already done. By the time that was done, my big bad had arrived but not moms. I asked Santano at what point do we panic. He said generally they arrive before 5pm but kept saying not to worry!

Around 3:00pm, I had unpacked everything and mom's bag had not arrived. Small panic began to set in! As we began to head out for the pool, the bag had not arrived but we didn't let it spoil the fun! We managed to fit in a dip in the pool and hot tub before the drill. That's what we love about being on deck 9 FWD...it's close to the adult pool areas! We dropped our bags at the room before the safety drill and as we left the room around 3:45pm, mom's bag had arrived!! We left it in the room and set off to our station B area which was the same area as before so it was easy to remember and easy to find in the Walt Disney Theater. Of course one family was late so it took forever but we were patient and learned that going early isn't always the best because it took forever getting out!

Before the drill, it began raining. We didn't know if the Sail Away party would be inside or outside. Time would tell....

Last edited:

R is for Royal Place
A is for Animators

AH okay. Thanks for the explanation :sunny:

We were on your cruise! Not the greatest weather, but we still managed a great time! I remember your post to our cruise group on the website we can't mention about the safety pins! (I'm the one who went on a cruise and forgot to pack a pair of flip flops.) Thanks for helping us relive our vacation.

Your room is awesome. I always wanted to book the partial obstruction balcony. What category was this?
The in-room surprises are so cute! And I love love the Cruise line H2O toiletries. I'm so happy that deluxes are now using the same toiletries, and now you say CSR has the same?!? Really? More reason to stay there.
When we stayed at Boardwalk DVC we got the old Grapefruit Bergamot scent which I dont' like as much. I mean it nice but no where near as addicting as the Marine and Sea salt scents. I collect the body lotion tubes and use them as hand cream all the time.

We were on your cruise! Not the greatest weather, but we still managed a great time! I remember your post to our cruise group on the website we can't mention about the safety pins! (I'm the one who went on a cruise and forgot to pack a pair of flip flops.) Thanks for helping us relive our vacation.

Haha!! I remember being in our room at CSR and telling my mom that! Thankfully between WDW and PC, there are PLENTY of places of buy flip flops!

Your room is awesome. I always wanted to book the partial obstruction balcony. What category was this?
The in-room surprises are so cute! And I love love the Cruise line H2O toiletries. I'm so happy that deluxes are now using the same toiletries, and now you say CSR has the same?!? Really? More reason to stay there.
When we stayed at Boardwalk DVC we got the old Grapefruit Bergamot scent which I dont' like as much. I mean it nice but no where near as addicting as the Marine and Sea salt scents. I collect the body lotion tubes and use them as hand cream all the time.

This room is a 7A. It's the same on the Dream and Fantasy. I guess the Wonder and Magic ones are the ones with the wood walls and oval opening where as with ours, you could sit and still see outside bc of the glass being clear on the bottom.

Sail Away Party!
(March 13, 2017)

After the safety drill, which took FOREVER, we made our way up to deck 11 only to find out that they moved the party inside...an announcement would have been nice!!! Luckily there was a man standing by the elevator with adult drinks for the party so we of course had to partake!

When we finally made our way back to deck 4/5...it was PACKED. Out of 3 cruises I've taken, 2 Sail Away parties have been inside and 1 outside. Outside is by far better. We couldn't get anywhere close worth it to even see so we decided to just go back to the room...

ONLY TO FIND OUT WE WERE ALREADY MOVING!

Mom frantically went to get her phone to call my dad before we left land. Thankfully she was able to get a call into him and my brother before we left the coast. We were officially on vacation now!

We had barely sailed away and we began to receive gifts in our FE! Sadly, I didn't take a pic of anything in the pockets. We were so excited! After we had left land, we decided to get ready for dinner and go shopping..of course!
I'll post pics of what I bought, at the end of the TR!

We got ready for dinner, went to see Golden Mickey's, and went shopping! During Golden Mickey's, I didn't feel so well. I think it was the combo of lack of sleep, feeling anxious/nervous the day before, and hungry. I ended up taking some Bonnine which I vowed I would not do but I caved lol. Thankfully it made me feel better by dinner!

Our room was served while we were at the show and shopping so we got to see all the fun before dinner!

Around 8:00pm, we set out to find out who our tablemates would be....We were pleasantly surprised!!!!

Following your TR. I love traveling with my mom (hence my name mama&me) and so I think it is great you had this cruise with her. I am sure you made great mother daughter memories. You both look a lot alike. I never thought about category 7A. I may look into that. Looking forward to the rest of your tr.

Preparing Fish Extender Gifts

After much debate, Mom and I decided to participate in our first ever Fish Extender (FE) group. The organizer said there was enough mother-daughter and adults only so we were a part of an adults only group made up of mostly mother-daughter pairings.

I ordered our FE from Susan who owns The Busy Thimble on FB
(not sure if I'm allowed to mention that on here?)
Anyways..she did an amazing job. I got in contact with her around Christmas time, ordered the first of January and it arrived in a week. I decided not to have names added in case I use it again and mom isn't with me. Later, you'll see how we attached names!

I am NOT crafty at all so at first I had a difficult time trying to decide what to do. In the end, I decided on the following...

Dads + Grandpas
(Movie Candy, Star Wars Coozie, and Gum)

Moms + Grandmas:
(WDW Princess notepad, Pen, Tissues)

Daughters + Girls in their 20s:
(Towel Clips, Homemade Hair Ties, and
Blistex Lip Balm)

I also wanted to give a stateroom gift that incorporated Salt Water Taffy since I live in FL but I was worried to pre-package the bags before the cruise so I packaged them while we waited for our luggage to arrive and added in a cute BBW hand sanitizer that I came across a few days before we left...

:worship:

Following your TR. I love traveling with my mom (hence my name mama&me) and so I think it is great you had this cruise with her. I am sure you made great mother daughter memories. You both look a lot alike. I never thought about category 7A. I may look into that. Looking forward to the rest of your tr.

Thank you! We stumbled upon a 7A 2 years ago when we went. It was only $25 extra a day to upgrade from an inside room to a 7A. I ironically it was only 3 doors down from the room I stayed at during my first Dream cruise!

Hahah!

Awesomeness

Thanks!

Thanks!

Meeting our Tablemates!
(March 13, 2017)

**Sorry for the delay in posting more on the TR! I ended the school year and began working at Disney (part time) for the summer. Thanks for being patient with me!**

When I left off, mom and I had gone shopping and saw the Golden Mickey's show! Before dinner, I had decided that Mom and I would wait until the following day to deliver our FE gifts. We had gotten from all the families except 2 of our group (of 10 rooms I think) so we thought it would be better to space it out.

It was nearing 8:00pm so we made our way down to Enchanted Garden for our first meal! I was happy that this was our first meal. It wasn't my favorite so I was glad we didn't have to repeat it!

While we were waiting to enter, I saw some familiar faces from our FE
group. I was curious to see if any of them would be sitting with us since we had a bunch of mother/daughter rooms in our FE!

When we got to the table, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the one mother/daughter pairing was from our FE! They live in Kentucky and the daughter is a travel agent/they have DVC. The other was another mother/daughter are from the panhandle of FL. I knew this was going to be an awesome cruise with awesome mother/daughter tablemates!

I thought I had taken a pic of the menu except, I only took it of dessert so here you go!

We also met our server...Steven, asst. server....Katherine and the head server..Ali. Both our server and asst. server seemed to be out of sync and the group next to us was a larger group as well with allergy concerns and it seemed like they were making quite a few requests. In any event, we weren't having awkward conversation at the table so it didn't seem like the time was going forever!

Our apptz.

Mom had the mushroom dish. She liked it. It was okay!

I had the lobster dish and LOVED IT! Looking back on pics from 2015, we had the same thing!

Apparently I didn't take pics of the salads/soups. Oh well!

For main course, mom got the fish dish. She didn't really care for it but at that point we were pushing 9:45pm so she didn't ask for what I had....

Scallops!!!! I can still taste them..they were delicious!!!

For dessert, mom got the trio

I got the sundae which I see they now have changed! This is the apple crisp one though.

It was nearly 10:30pm when we finally left dinner. I couldn't believe how late were there! For the life of me, I can't remember what mom and I did after dinner. The moved Match your Mate to night 2 so I know we didn't do that. After looking back at the navigator, I'm convinced we didn't do a thing but go back to our room, maybe shopping too, and got ready for bed. This was the last pic I have of the night....

And with that, I guess I'll say goodnight! Sorry it wasn't a very exciting post but we did have a very exciting dinner. I can honestly say that out of the 3 cruises I've taken, these were already my favorite tablemates!

Welcome back and thanks for the update! Congrats on making it through the school year.

Your table sounds like a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Welcome back and thanks for the update! Congrats on making it through the school year.

Your table sounds like a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks!!! I'm super jealous of your upcoming trip! We're going next summer but on Princess instead. It breaks my heart that I won't be a cruise closer to gold but with the outrageous price difference and DCL not going to Glacier Bay, that sold my dad on doing Princess instead. Hopefully they are similar!

Arriving in Nassau
(March 14, 2017)

After a good dinner and a great rest, we work up bright and early, not even making it into Nassau!

One of my favorite things is walking out onto the Verandah in my PJs every morning to see the sights. We're going on an Alaskan cruise next summer on Princess and have inside rooms...I will miss that for sure (even though the temperature will be much different!)

In any event these were taken around 8:30am ...I love that iPhone puts a time stamp on pics!

Mom was still asleep so I took a bottle of water and sat outside as we pulled in. When we got closer, she woke up to join the sights. We were docked just after 9:00am.

Don't you just love that water??!! We don't have pretty water like that in FL!

As mom and I were driving to the port, we wanted to make a small list of things to do this trip that we didn't do last trip. One of those was not eat at Cabanas all the time. With the craziness of the lunch the day before, I made the choice that we should try Enchanted Garden for breakfast. I had always wanted to sit in those cute round booths so we decided to get ready and head for breakfast.

It seemed like there was a dark cloud around us before getting on the cruise...me feeling sick with tummy issues, blood pressure out of control, forgetting my meal coupon for Kona, and mom's suitcase breaking. Well, it seemed to kinda continue. I woke up with a sharp pain in the left side of my neck with numbness into the left side of my face. Thinking I just slept wrong, i dismissed it and we went off to breakfast....

We were seated at one of the round booths and I was so excited! Turns out the round booths are not very friendly for semi pooh sized friends! In any event, we hit the buffet and kept the seats.

During breakfast my neck seemed to feel worse. Thinking the worse and not having webmd to self diagonose :sad2: I decided to go to the health center to talk to someone. I felt bad because I feel like mom rushed through her food and her beloved coffee but she graciously went with me and finished breakfast quickly.

I had never visited the health center before so after we found it, I spoke with a nurse who said it would be $150 to see a dr during office hours and $300 emergency. She calmed my nerves and insisted it was likely just a pinched nerve from sleeping on new pillows the past 2 nights and advised me to take some medicine and to return if it got worse. Not sure how long they last but even the other day, I was still having pain/numbness and it's been over 3 months off and on! Again..dark cloud! Knowing I was going to keel over right then and there at the medical center, we left without seeing a dr and decided to hit the straw market so I could pick up some things for my teaching assts. at school!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!