Motion Sickness Brothers and Sisters, Let Me Put Your Mind At Ease.....

Lothlórien

Living the Mouse Dream
We made our first trek to US/IoA. I was very worried because my daughter and I get motion sickness so easily. We cannot be on a small boat for long. The Magical Express bus is about murder for us. When I smell the jet fuel before the airplane takes off, the slightest bit of movement sends my stomach into pirouettes. If somebody else is driving and they are hard on the wheel or the brakes, our last meal may be a part of their car. We cannot watch our family play Call of Duty or other interactive video games because the movement we see with our eyes greatly affects our stomachs, even after a measly 30 seconds.

Having said that, we were very concerned about motion sickness on the attractions. I was not sure how much I would be able to do. Same for my daughter. I want to share our experience because I see questions about motion sickness and US often.

Jurassic Park - no effect where motion sickness is concerned. Be warned....if you do not like to get wet, stay out of the first and back rows and wear a poncho.

Escape from Gringotts - absolutely no issue whatsoever with motion sickness. The videos for this ride on YouTube are very misleading. It makes it look like you spin a lot, but it is largely on-screen. If you are one who can get motion sickness from visual movement, all you have to do is close your eyes.

Hippogriff Coaster - no effect where motion sickness is concerned.

Spiderman - no effect where motion sickness is concerned. It did mess with my anxiety about "falling" once or twice, but I just closed my eyes.

Transformers - no effect where motion sickness is concerned. It did mess with my anxiety about "falling" once or twice, but I just closed my eyes.

Forbidden Journey - I skipped it altogether because I was told by several TMs it will cause motion sickness if I am prone to that.

Jimmy Fallon - I skipped this at the advisement of the TMs, but I think I could have probably done it considering everything else I could handle.

Kong - no effect where motion sickness is concerned. If you get visual motion sickness, you can easily close your eyes.

Simpsons - Skipped it at the advisement of the TMs.

Minions - I sat in the stationary seats. My husband said he thinks the regular seats would have been too much for me.

Shrek - I sat in the stationary seats, but I am fairly certain I would have been ok in the regular seats.

Men in Black - I was quite worried about this one, but truly had no issues, even with all of that spinning.

Alien Simpsons Ride - Almost was too much for me. The spinning was tight and a bit faster than Dumbo, but I could still tolerate it... I would not be able to do it more than once, though.

I cannot remember what else we did and that may be everything???? But, I wanted to share that feedback from people who get motion sickness very, very easily.

Thanks for the awesome feedback, and as you say it should help others in a similar situation.

I'm just like you with motion sickness including not being able to watch a lot of video games! I think you were right to skip Forbidden Journey. That thing made me so sick and hurt my back and neck too. I did well on almost all the same rides you did. Glad you were able ride almost everything and thanks for feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter