motion sickness?

What gets to her? Spinning, 3D motion, etc?

The whole of Seuss Landing should be good, all 3 water rides, Dr Doom's Fearfall, Kong, Hogwarts train, Flight of the Hippogriff, motionless seats at Minions, I'm sure others I've forgotten.

Hulk/RRR are also likely fine, depending on how sensitive she is. Also Gringotts and Mummy. And ironically Kang and Kodos Twirl & Hurl is just essentially Dumbo, so no motion sickness worries.

Typically Forbidden Journey and Simpsons are worst for most people. My friend can't handle spinning and MiB was worst for her.

If your mom likes to ride, also consider the trans-derm scop motion sickness patch, to allow her to forget her sickness worries and just enjoy everything.

This is good to know for me, too. Our next trip is both Universal and WDW. First time for Universal.

What gets to her? Spinning, 3D motion, etc?

The whole of Seuss Landing should be good, all 3 water rides, Dr Doom's Fearfall, Kong, Hogwarts train, Flight of the Hippogriff, motionless seats at Minions, I'm sure others I've forgotten.

Hulk/RRR are also likely fine, depending on how sensitive she is. Also Gringotts and Mummy. And ironically Kang and Kodos Twirl & Hurl is just essentially Dumbo, so no motion sickness worries.

Typically Forbidden Journey and Simpsons are worst for most people. My friend can't handle spinning and MiB was worst for her.

If your mom likes to ride, also consider the trans-derm scop motion sickness patch, to allow her to forget her sickness worries and just enjoy everything.
Can you ask someone for the motionless seats at Minions?

My understanding is yes and there is "never" a wait, but I haven't personally done it.

Awesome. Minions is new since we were there last and I’d like to do it but would be afraid it’d make us queasy

Great info, Thanks!!

She gets sick on coasters - Expedition Everest got her bad! So do simulators. She could handle Dumbo and probably "Jr." coasters.

I'll look into that patch for sure. She takes Dramamine for plane rides but it knocks her out!

Great info, Thanks!!

She gets sick on coasters - Expedition Everest got her bad! So do simulators. She could handle Dumbo and probably "Jr." coasters.

I'll look into that patch for sure. She takes Dramamine for plane rides but it knocks her out!

Everest makes me sick too. It is the going backwards part.

Bonine is less sleep inducing than the regular Dramamine. Less Drowsy Dramamine is the same formulation as Bonine (meclizine). That said, I find 1/4 of a Bonine is plenty to keep the edge off of the motion sickness and I don't feel so drowsy. You really need to experiment before you hit the parks.

Last edited:
She should probably avoid Mummy and definitely Gringotts in that case. Gringotts is brief roller coaster spurts intermixed with 3D screen effects. MiB may be ok, it is really not an intense ride and no coaster drops - but a lot of spinning.

But really, the patch was magical for my friend. She was previously wiped out by Spiderman, and had to do a break after a coaster. With the patch, we could do all rides, including back to back rides on everything but MiB (MiB was once a day, spinning still got to her a bit).

My wife gets motion sickness, on our last trip she she decided that she was going going to do all rides because she loves rides. Knowing she cant take dramamine even the non drowsy stuff, we came across something call Bonine. She took that and did every ride at Universal, something to think about as if my wife did spinning rides or some of the motion ones she would get sick and be done for the day. She took Bonine and wasnt drowsy nor did she get even the slightest bit sick. just a thought as she tells everyone about that stuff now.

I am assuming you did not look up what Bonine is. If you do, maybe you shouldn't tell her.

I am assuming you did not look up what Bonine is. If you do, maybe you shouldn't tell her.

Well, I’m sorry I didn’t put the complete makeup of this pill on my thread but you can find Bonine right next to Dramamine it is a motion sickness pill but it’s not the exact same as Dramamine i am assuming. I was assuming that one would look it up themselves but since I must be attacked. Bonine is an antihistamine that also treats motion sickness among other things. It did not have he same effect of drowsiness like Dramamine on my wife and she was able to enjoy the parks and ride all rides as I said. I am unsure why you would act like I would suggest something harmful to someone. As with all things you should check themselves out for yourself before doing anything. And I would like to know if I look it up why should I not tell her, I am a little confused on what the problem is???

Well, I’m sorry I didn’t put the complete makeup of this pill on my thread but you can find Bonine right next to Dramamine it is a motion sickness pill but it’s not the exact same as Dramamine i am assuming. I was assuming that one would look it up themselves but since I must be attacked. Bonine is an antihistamine that also treats motion sickness among other things. It did not have he same effect of drowsiness like Dramamine on my wife and she was able to enjoy the parks and ride all rides as I said. I am unsure why you would act like I would suggest something harmful to someone. As with all things you should check themselves out for yourself before doing anything. And I would like to know if I look it up why should I not tell her, I am a little confused on what the problem is???

There isn't a problem. The interesting thing is that the non-drowsy Dramamine is exactly the same as Bonine....(they are both meclizine, both have the exact same ingredient) That's what skylock was referring to. The exact same med seemed to have two different effects with her and maybe you shouldn't tell her because obviously, if it is working, why spoil a good thing??!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter