moulin rouge?

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
We will be meeting friends that will be in Paris the same week we will be. They plan on attending a show at the Moulin Rouge and my husband would love us to join them. I don't want to leave my two boys (ages 18 & 9) in the hotel but I'm concerned that the show may not be appropriate for the younger one. The website has a minimum age of 6. I've also heard that the surrounding area of Pigalle can be a bit seedy. Any thoughts?

Can't comment on the show itself, other than I believe that the women can at times be topless. The area surrounding it has some shops of an adult nature - I have only been during the day so I don't know if it becomes seedier at night.

Nick

Its right next to the red light district and is mildly seedy. There is a metro station right next to it so you dont really have to wander about the neighbor. The show is a vegas style show with topless women with headdresses etc. It is not sexual in nature.

Stayed in the heart of the Pigalle on a previous visit to Paris. I have to say did not feel threatened nor in the middle of anything seedy.
Yes you know that in the evening there is a trade that goes on, but with the volume of tourists it would be easier to be offended by soaps or movies :)
The boys might have a little laugh :blush: when they first see the dancers, but it will be the colour and spectacle that they remember.

Reid

Some people at college mentioned the Moulin Rouge show today. Can't vouch for what they said as I've never been there but according to them it's sort of a circus style show, lots of trapeze acts etc but with the Vegas showgirl element added in. Can't imagine it would be too bad for a 9 year old even if they do go topless, if the minimum age is 6 then it can't be that bad!

Well, I quess we'll go. I think everyone will love it and it will be quite memorable! (20 years from now, that will probably be what my 9 year old will remember best about Paris.) :blush: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter