Mouse keeping

Hi just returned and we stayed at CBR. I was aware from the boards about opting out of Mousekeeping. When we checked in on arrival I mentioned is that something they offered there and the CM said yes. We received $10 per night and it was on an electronic gift card emailed to us within 2 hours of arriving. When we wanted to use it in shops etc, we literally showed the bar code on the email to the CM who scanned it - no problems at all.

If you could report back that would be great :D
Hi , just back yesterday from 2 great weeks , one rain shower and all blue skies apart from that!
Re the card. They did offer the room keeping option for us which we accepted. They did offer to email it to us but when I said we had no cell phone or access to the internet the girl went to supervisor who issued us the credit on a gift card , this was at all star music.
Hope that helps.

Hi , just back yesterday from 2 great weeks , one rain shower and all blue skies apart from that!
Re the card. They did offer the room keeping option for us which we accepted. They did offer to email it to us but when I said we had no cell phone or access to the internet the girl went to supervisor who issued us the credit on a gift card , this was at all star music.
Hope that helps.

Yes ty, Would much prefer it on a gift card, will ask them.

Anyone had any luck opting out of housekeeping at a deluxe resort? We’re at SSR and I just asked if we could opt out but they told me that deluxe resorts are excluded, which I hadn’t heard.

Thanks

Anyone had any luck opting out of housekeeping at a deluxe resort? We’re at SSR and I just asked if we could opt out but they told me that deluxe resorts are excluded, which I hadn’t heard.

Thanks

I've not heard of it being possible at Deluxe

First time staying on site - I hadn't realised that mousekeeping was considered compulsory with the need to opt out? How does that work? There's just a charge on check out for the amount of days there?

Previously when staying offsite, Ive left tips in the room daily...

First time staying on site - I hadn't realised that mousekeeping was considered compulsory with the need to opt out? How does that work? There's just a charge on check out for the amount of days there?

Previously when staying offsite, Ive left tips in the room daily...

It's really the other way round in this instance. Mousekeeping is included every day , a tip is always appreciated of course. What is happening here is Disney is giving people the option to opt out of daily Mosusekeeping in certain resorts and as a compensation $10 a day is given to you in the form of credit to spend as you like in Disney World. They still come round every few days , not sure how many to change towls though not bed making etc. You can as we did just call and request a supply of towls on day one , we had a bout 10 extra dropped off in minutes.

Stayed there last month and were offered the option at check-in - $20 per night credit if we chose not to have it ($420 for our 21 night stay). Sounded attractive but as an older couple we appreciate coming back to a well cleaned and tidy room - after all we are on holiday to escape from the usual household chores!

Stayed there last month and were offered the option at check-in - $20 per night credit if we chose not to have it ($420 for our 21 night stay). Sounded attractive but as an older couple we appreciate coming back to a well cleaned and tidy room - after all we are on holiday to escape from the usual household chores!

Which resort did you stay at?

Thats where we will be staying i thought it was $10 a night so thats a bonus :flower:

I'm wondering if the offer depends on the season as I've heard mixed reports. Most say $10 per day but there have been a few claiming $20

Thats where we will be staying i thought it was $10 a night so thats a bonus :flower:
On reflection I think it may have been $10/night - probably confused it with a $20 credit that we received when our room was missed one day during our last stay - memory not so good as it was! But the point is still that we were offered it on check in at the resort. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter