Moved post- refunds from CRT when paying w credits

DazzleT

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is an actual experience, but I called today to try to change my reservation for Cinderella’s Royal Table from my room to my dad’s room (mine has quick service, my dad is deluxe) and they told me that my dad can only use his credits for himself. Now, this person also said he needed to ask and he first told me my dad didn’t have enough credits to cover the party (there are 2 people in the room, 8 nights with 3 credits each so I get 48 credits total, so using 12 for dinner - 6 people- is not all his credits). We also have the second person in the room on the reservation so his insistence that only my father’s could be paid for with credits was also a bit weird. I decided the guy sounded like a total idiot and since I was doing this while at work, hung up and figured I would try for a better cm later.

I had heard that changing the prepaid after the fact like while at Disney can be a pain and may not work so I wanted to cancel my reservation and then immediately book it on my dads to avoid that. So, I will probably try again later.

Not sure if this is an actual experience, but I called today to try to change my reservation for Cinderella’s Royal Table from my room to my dad’s room (mine has quick service, my dad is deluxe) and they told me that my dad can only use his credits for himself. Now, this person also said he needed to ask and he first told me my dad didn’t have enough credits to cover the party (there are 2 people in the room, 8 nights with 3 credits each so I get 48 credits total, so using 12 for dinner - 6 people- is not all his credits). We also have the second person in the room on the reservation so his insistence that only my father’s could be paid for with credits was also a bit weird. I decided the guy sounded like a total idiot and since I was doing this while at work, hung up and figured I would try for a better cm later.

I had heard that changing the prepaid after the fact like while at Disney can be a pain and may not work so I wanted to cancel my reservation and then immediately book it on my dads to avoid that. So, I will probably try again later.

Can you clarify what you mean about changing the prepaid after the fact at Disney for Cinderella's Royal Table? I currently already prepaid for CRT, but plan to apply the Deluxe Dining Plan to the meal when we arrive. Will we have a problem? I'm also hoping you have better luck when you talk to a different CM regarding using others' credits. Please report back--I'd appreciate it-thanks!

Can you clarify what you mean about changing the prepaid after the fact at Disney for Cinderella's Royal Table? I currently already prepaid for CRT, but plan to apply the Deluxe Dining Plan to the meal when we arrive. Will we have a problem? I'm also hoping you have better luck when you talk to a different CM regarding using others' credits. Please report back--I'd appreciate it-thanks!
I am hoping no problem. I have read online that people had problem getting the prepaid refunded and paying on ddp so that was why I was hoping to fix. I’ll report back when I know more (calling kinda depends on how work is going).

I am hoping no problem. I have read online that people had problem getting the prepaid refunded and paying on ddp so that was why I was hoping to fix. I’ll report back when I know more (calling kinda depends on how work is going).

FWIW, we've prepaid for CRT the past several years and then paid with Dining credits on our reservation day and have never had a problem getting refunded. The servers are well versed in setting up the refund because they do it all the time. We never add the dining plan until a week or so before our trip, so any meals that require prepayment are simply refunded in this same way.

Also, this year with the addition of the Candlelight Dining Packages also being prepay, I expect there will be a lot of refunds being issued when people also apply dining credits at the time of those meals.

We had a problem this past March getting our prepaid refunded. The server told me it was all “automatic” when I asked several times. I asked a couple CMs throughout the meal about it and everyone just glossed it over. None of them instilled a ton of confidence that my card was refunded, but I could see via the app that the credits were taken from our room so I trusted everything was OK.

when I got home and my card wasn’t refunded, I called. They told me it could be 15-20 business days and that it was “impossible” for the Dining credits to be taken and my credit card charged.

I called back after the 15 days when I still wasn’t refunded. Again, they reiterated this was impossible. I think they thought I was scamming them. I pushed them to look into it further. Luckily I still had our dining reservation number. After a few passes to managers they finally admitted that they had in fact “double dipped”. My card was then refunded. For us, it was 6 people - over $600 Canadian so a very significant amount.

Moral of the story- keep your dining reservation number and watch your credit card closely.

ETA: another party dined with us and they did not have this problem. Their credit card was refunded. So not sure what happened to us.

I called back once I had dining plan added to my reservation and was able to change from prepaid to dining credits before I checked in so I saw my credit refunded before I left on vacation I did wait until I ate at restaurant to see if credit would show properly

Everything worked perfect on transferring from prepaid to dining plan. So, no worries 😉 I checked my card and it had been refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!