Movie Scores

Bill007

Mouseketeer
I enjoy listening to movie scores and have noticed some interesting parallels. For example, on the soundtrack for The Incredibles, at least one piece sounds really close to the climactic music from the James Bond film, Goldfinger. And in The Jungle Book (live-action) the music where the monkeys are kidnapping Mowgli has a few trumpet blasts reminiscent of the original Planet of the Apes where the gorillas are hunting the humans. Do think that was a nod to the Planet of the Apes or just a coincidence?

I would be almost certain that both of those things were a nod to those classic movies. Film composers do it all the time. I like when they hide stuff in there, or make an homage, especially in Disney movies, like the very brief use of the Haunted Mansion theme in Inside Out.

Disney movies often have little tributes to previous Disney projects. There's a scene in Aladdin where there's about 3-4 seconds of "When You Wish Upon A Star" and there are also visual cues such as the prisoner from Aladdin featuring very briefly in "Hunchback Of Notre Dame." Pixar films are full of these Easter eggs. It's pretty cool, you gotta wonder how many people catch those moments. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!