Movies in Downtown Disney

The AMC may be closed already. They weren't listing any movies after yesterday. The building is scheduled for demolition once construction starts for the new hotel. AMC will be moving to a new location in GardenWalk on Katella, not far away.

No, the theater just closed permanently according to MousePlanet. They are demolishing the AMC, ESPNZone, Rainforest Cafe, Earl of Sandwich, and the Starbucks near the DLH. Reports are that only the Starbucks is likely to return somewhere in the new construction. I saw an article stating that the AMC plans to open a location with fewer screens in GardenWalk in the first half of 2019. I'm actually going to miss the AMC and Earl because those were nice afternoon breaks for us from the parks when we didn't feel like a hotel rest break.

If you are looking for movie theaters close to DLR, there are movies at the Block at Orange, about 10 minutes south of the parks.

ia the theater open during renovations?
AMC in Downtown Disney closed at the end of business yesterday. The nearest theatres to Disneyland are the AMC DINE-IN Fullerton 20, Cinemark - Century Stadium 25 in Orange, Regal Cinemas Garden Grove 16, and the above mentioned AMC 30 at the Block in Orange.

Would they enjoy The Void in DTD? I don't know if there would be any walk up openings, but they could ask. If they are Star Wars fans, this might be right up their alley! Reviews so far have been very good.

Would they enjoy The Void in DTD? I don't know if there would be any walk up openings, but they could ask. If they are Star Wars fans, this might be right up their alley! Reviews so far have been very good.
Even if you walk up you have to buy the tickets online.

The Void isn't a cheap add-on; it will cost 2-3 times the price of a movie ticket, but my husband and sons thought it was totally worth it when they did it in March. My sons are 16 and 18 years old.

Yes, I know it is pricey, but the OP's sons are around the same ages as your sons -- so just in the right age bracket to really enjoy it. And from other posts, it sounds like they are tiring of the parks, while their sisters are getting their Disney on. The Void might be a good compromise, even though it won't be as long as a movie. But it certainly will be a memorable experience.

Yes, I know it is pricey, but the OP's sons are around the same ages as your sons -- so just in the right age bracket to really enjoy it. And from other posts, it sounds like they are tiring of the parks, while their sisters are getting their Disney on. The Void might be a good compromise, even though it won't be as long as a movie. But it certainly will be a memorable experience.

Perhaps I didn't convey well enough that I was endorsing the idea. My sons loved it and I know the OP's sons are the same age which is why I pointed that out. I just thought it was good to point out too that it's not cheap since aside from traffic one reason OP was adding a 5th Disney day is that's cheaper than most alternative activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter