Movies that you HAVE to leave on because you like the vibe...spin off from the go to movie thread

Alicefan

Give me a cloudy day in Winter!
We've all been flipping channels with no real intent of watching anything because more than likely you're busy doing all sorts of other stuff, but you come across that one movie that when you see it, you just HAVE to leave it there because you like to have that certain vibe that it gives off in the background. What movie is that for you? For me there are a few that I can think of off hand...the first is Coal miners Daughter..."And Doo will go to gettin' horny, and he'll say, "fix me up another one of them baloney sandwhiches Loretty." lol Another one is Overboard. Around the holidays I have to leave on "The Holiday" and "Last Holiday". Something about how the way these movies make me feel I guess.

Harry Potter (same as in other thread) - I always used to leave the "Harry Potter Weekend" marathons on even though I was up and doing stuff.

National Treasure

Jaws

The Blind Side

Sleepless in Seattle

I'm right there with you on the Harry Potter weekends. I especially love the parts where you can tell it's Christmas time around the castle. I think we're out of luck on those weekends now that USA is getting the rights to the movies. I always wondered if Freeform/ABC FAMILY ran those movies over and over and over again to try to burn everyone out on Harry Potter to stick it to Universal Studios.? I mean it was absurd at how often they played those movies. There HAD to be a reason behind it, and you have to admit, wearing out the franchise is a pretty good evil plan.

When Harry Met Sally
The Princess Bride
You've Got Mail
Winnie the Pooh

I fall asleep to a lot of movies, so if I wake in the middle I will finish it.

Depends on the season for us.

Summer: Lilo & Stitch, Moana, Up, Ratatouille, Walle, The Goonies, Jumanji(s), Indiana Jones, Jurassic Parks/Worlds, Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel.

Fall: The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Hocus Pocus, Hotel Transylvania 1/2, It, The Shining, Nightmare Before Christmas, Twilight series, Near Dark, Predator(s), Aliens, etc.

Christmas: Home Alone 1/2, Christmas Vacation, Last Holiday, The Polar Express, The Grinch, The Santa Clause, Scrooged, It’s a Wonderful Life.

With TV: Last Man Standing, The Middle, or Supernatural is always on.

Around the holidays I have to leave on "The Holiday" and "Last Holiday". Something about how the way these movies make me feel I guess.

For the holidays, I pretty much leave the 2 Hallmark Channels on non-stop. Their marathon of holiday movies are all about love, family, miracles and the holidays. What's NOT to feel good about? :cloud9: It's depressing when the first week in January rolls around and they are back to running crappy reruns that I don't watch or want to have on in the background. :(

Gattaca
Jumanji(s)
Nightmare Before Christmas

TV: Star Trek TNG or Criminal Minds

Godfather I & II
Forest Gump
Shawshank
French Kiss
American Graffiti
Max Dugan Returns
Unforgiven
City Slickers
And almost anything that has John Wayne

How to lose a guy in 10 days
Raising Helen
Pretty Woman
Dirty Dancing
Steel Magnolias
Shawshank
Beaches

I rarely watch a movie twice but these get me every time.

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT...the music, the jokes, the interactions....my favorite movie of 2017 and I'm glad it's on Netflix :D

Goodfellas
Braveheart
Gladiator
Shawshank Redemption
Jaws
Any Star Wars (yes even Phantom Menace)

Oh and if it's Halloween time and they have marathons on - any Halloween, Nightmare on Elm St, Scream, or Friday the 13th movie

Most of mine have already been said. I have quite a few that I'm happy to watch over and over (and leave on in the background).

All Harry Potter movies
Ever After
American President
While You Were Sleeping
Shawshank Redemption
Pitch Perfect (only the first one)
The Hunt for Red October
Pretty Woman
The Blind Side
Raiders 1 or 3
Any Star Wars
Dirty Dancing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter