Movies to watch before we go

la79al

DIS Veteran
I KNOW we don't HAVE to watch any Disney movies before we go. But my kids really like themed movie nights and they are still young enough that they spend weekend nights at home so I'm going to take advantage of that. I know I want to do the 4 movies from ASMo since we will be staying there. What other movies can you think of that the kids would be able to tie to a Disney character or ride?

Frozen-it's everywhere, literally.
Pooh-ride at MK
Toy Story-land at HS and ride at MK
Incredibles-meet and greets at HS
Snow White-mine train at MK
Really all the princesses have a presence, those movies are a good start if you have girls.
Beauty and the Beast-they seem to have a strong presence at Disney
Any movies that go with meet and greets you are planning, like Wreck it Ralph, etc.
Nemo-ride and two shows at Epcot and AK
That's all I can think of, I'm sure there's more. I hope your trip is in like 5 years so you have time to watch all of these:)

There’s a country bear movie that makes the show more enjoyable for my kids. All the “main” movies. Lady and the tramp if you plan on eating at Tony’s. Mary Poppins (I never realized that my kids had no clue who she was until we stayed at GFV and they didn’t recognize the Mary Poppins touches in the lobby, then I felt like a terrible Disney mom). Swiss family Robinson, the treehouse in MK looks exactly like the one in the movie, to the tiniest detail. Maybe Tom Sawyer. A muppets movie. Lots of movies are tied into the parks.

• Toy Story
  • Finding Nemo
  • Lion King
  • Frozen
  • Incredibles
  • Star Wars
  • Peter Pan
  • Snow White
  • Little Mermaid
  • Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl
  • Cinderella
  • Winnie the Pooh
  • Beauty and the Beast

Here are a few others - although I think the list is already fairly complete

Lilo and Stitch - Stitch's great escape
Monsters Inc. - Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
Alice in Wonderland - Mad Tea Party (tea cups)
Dumbo - for the Dumbo Ride
Indiana Jones - for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show

and if you really start to run out of Disney movies to watch
Song of the South - Splash Mountain

Of course I have boys so they didnt know old princesses. They knew all the new stuff.
They met Phineas and Ferb had no clue who they were.... now they love that show.
Ended up my boys like the Mary Poppins movie as well as little mermaid
Go for movies made before 2000

Tomorrowland- if they are old enough to watch non animated
The Little Mermaid- ride in MK and show at HS
The toy story series, Nemo, lion king
Honestly you can’t go wrong!!!

Well don't watch The Florida Project! (j/k but GREAT movie, though I haven't looked at WDW the same since)

• Peter Pan
  • Lion King (if you plan on seeing the show at AK, this will be wonderful!)
  • Nemo
  • Cinderella (of course!)
  • Pirates, though not sure if you mentioned how old your kids are. Mine were terrified when we took them to see the mermaid one at age 5 and the opening of the first one is pretty scary (IMO anyway)
There are just too many!

I would say Toy Story (at least the first one) and Frozen for sure as they are both big in the parks currently. Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid are good ones too as they have a couple attractions each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!