Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

Pandemic fatigue and DLR sadness got the best of me....just booked Yacht Club for spring break. Really not sure if I’ll feel comfortable actually making the cross country flight etc by then but the resort rates were so good! Not gonna tell the kids (for now) in case I do end up cancelling.

So much to think about! I’ve only done last minute solo trips before (when I was in Orlando for work) and have only been to each park for a few hours. This will be a whole different animal.

I always book through Costco or WDT for Disneyland.....cancelled my package for December...and booked Disney world for December.....worst decision EVER!! Park reservations are filling up fast, and they defaulted my ticket use dates to the day After we arrive!mit will take days to correct, while all options get more scarce! So sad......once again!

Another DL trip bites the dust! I already booked a WDW trip (June 10-18) while we were on lock down. It'll be everyone's first time (technically my 2nd but that was 30 years ago). I chose CBR because of the skyliner and I figure we'll want to spend more time at HS and Epcot. MK seems a lot like DL so only planning 1 day there and 2 days at the rest of the parks. I'm hoping to get ADR's for BOG and the Wave. Anyone know what time I can log on? I've heard 6am EST but that was before COVID. Speaking of, we're not afraid of that anymore since we all just had it. It wasn't pleasant but not as scary as I thought as I have underlying conditions (high blood pressure and diabetes). The weird thing was we were all affected differently. Looking forward to all the non-DL rides and experiences.

Another DL trip bites the dust! I already booked a WDW trip (June 10-18) while we were on lock down. It'll be everyone's first time (technically my 2nd but that was 30 years ago). I chose CBR because of the skyliner and I figure we'll want to spend more time at HS and Epcot. MK seems a lot like DL so only planning 1 day there and 2 days at the rest of the parks. I'm hoping to get ADR's for BOG and the Wave. Anyone know what time I can log on? I've heard 6am EST but that was before COVID. Speaking of, we're not afraid of that anymore since we all just had it. It wasn't pleasant but not as scary as I thought as I have underlying conditions (high blood pressure and diabetes). The weird thing was we were all affected differently. Looking forward to all the non-DL rides and experiences.
We are 90% sure we are going to switch to WDW after having to cancel our November trip. Funny, we are looking forward to 2 days at MK because it IS alot like DL. To us it will be kind of like getting the best of both DL and WDW with some different things put in. We've never been to WDW and are looking forward to a stay at Pop Century. We are liking the busses from the airport and to the parks. It would make it a little more relaxing for us newcomers.

We are 90% sure we are going to switch to WDW after having to cancel our November trip. Funny, we are looking forward to 2 days at MK because it IS alot like DL. To us it will be kind of like getting the best of both DL and WDW with some different things put in. We've never been to WDW and are looking forward to a stay at Pop Century. We are liking the busses from the airport and to the parks. It would make it a little more relaxing for us newcomers.
Being West Coasters, we've been to DLR many times. I have a sophomore and a junior and this will be a one time trip so they want to do all the things that we can't do at home. We will also be using the ME and using all Disney transportation. However, I do have $100 of Uber money in our budget so we can sleep in, but still make it for rope drops.

I booked a week ago and my flights have been a nightmare, along with my tickets in my package! My Tickets got the wrong dates, due to Costco assuming we would want them to start the first full day, not arrival day. That is taking days to remedy, and reservations are filling up so fast! My flights have already been bumped around and I can’t fly home on my anticipated date with my friends, as I continue on farther. I just need some magic and pixy dust!!

I booked a week ago and my flights have been a nightmare, along with my tickets in my package! My Tickets got the wrong dates, due to Costco assuming we would want them to start the first full day, not arrival day. That is taking days to remedy, and reservations are filling up so fast! My flights have already been bumped around and I can’t fly home on my anticipated date with my friends, as I continue on farther. I just need some magic and pixy dust!!

I'm sorry to hear that! I know flying has been a nightmare for many folks these days. Which airline are you using? I went with United (or more like... I'm stuck with them bc all my canceled trip credits were with them) and so far I haven't had any issues with flight times changing.

I'm sorry to hear that! I know flying has been a nightmare for many folks these days. Which airline are you using? I went with United (or more like... I'm stuck with them bc all my canceled trip credits were with them) and so far I haven't had any issues with flight times changing.
We are flying with Delta. Planning has been a nightmare compared to what I am used to! I am bracing myself for more changes the closer we get. We can finally make reservations. I finally got our tickets straitened out, and additional nights reserved...sadly at a much higher price! I am so committed to us being able to enjoy this, SO COMMITTED! Ugh!!
I just miss Disneyland so much right now!

Ugh. Alaska just changed our non stop flight to one with a layover. And it’s only a 55 minute layover and we have to change planes. It’s making me really nervous we won’t make our connecting flight!! Now debating to change to leaving to the day before. So frustrating!

Ugh. Alaska just changed our non stop flight to one with a layover. And it’s only a 55 minute layover and we have to change planes. It’s making me really nervous we won’t make our connecting flight!! Now debating to change to leaving to the day before. So frustrating!
My flights got changed already after being booked for 4 days, and 45 days out! I had to actually add hotel days before and after our booked trip because of flights and zero availability. We are now arriving at midnight and had to stay an additional day to fly home.

Where's the layover? 55 minutes in some airports is no biggie.

Might not be bad then! It's been a while since I've been in Sea-Tac, but I don't remember it being terrible to navigate. At least it's not O'Hare!
Or DFW! That airport is notorious for dropping you off in one terminal, and your connecting flight 2 terminals away via the sky train. If you go through there, give yourself at least 1.5-2 hours.

We ended up changing our arrival day to the day before since it’s still a direct flight. And Alaska extended the middle seat staying open until Jan 6. So that was a nice surprise. We just didn’t want to get in really late to WDW and have to get up early for rope drop the next day (the time change will be brutal I think, more so for the kids).

We ended up changing our arrival day to the day before since it’s still a direct flight. And Alaska extended the middle seat staying open until Jan 6. So that was a nice surprise. We just didn’t want to get in really late to WDW and have to get up early for rope drop the next day (the time change will be brutal I think, more so for the kids).
As someone who did a red eye to Orlando and went to the parks the same day as arrival, yes the time change is BRUTAL! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter